Finished Werewolf XXIV: The Wizarding War - The Order of the Phoenix is the Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXIV: The Wizarding War - Day 8 ends February 1st, at 23:59 GMT

And that's Game Freeze, I believe. Unless one of us has had our vote weight altered in any way.

Uhm...

Game Freeze

I'll post update sometime today.

Day 8 Update

Final Vote Count:

• Drohn: 6 (TwistedTurtwig, Keeper of Night, Celever, bbninjas, Brave Vesperia)

Days appeared to go by faster, and for a reason. The suspects were going scarce. Although, they were certain that one of them wasn't in their side. It wasn't long enough before Drohn was thrown into the Archway... putting an end to the Revolution.

Drohn has died! He was:

The Game Master said:
Mundungus Fletcher (Drohn)

Alignment: Independent
You’re always looking for valuable things you can try to sell for a profit. In the revolutionary army, they promised you’ll get everything they come up with, so you join without a doubt.

Passive Ability: Scavenger Hunt
Everything you find can be sold for a profit… except for wands. Anytime your faction performs a kill, the deceased’s wand will be given to you, and thus, you’ll gain access to that spell as long as the previous owner didn't cast that spell before.

Ability: Wolf Kill
Your main purpose in the war is to eliminate the Order and the Death Eaters, but doing so requires a lot of strenght. Once every even-numbered night, you may PM me a player name. That player will die. However, their kill won’t be reported until a day later. If you’re to die, you’ll pass on this ability to one of your fellow members of the revolution.

Affiliation: Independent Revolution
You joined the Independent Revolution that’s planning to take over regardless of the magic’s usage. As such, you’ll get a safe way of communication between you (You’ll get the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-use Spell: Obliviate
The memory eraser spell. Once during the game at night, you may PM me to cast this spell. All wizards that wanted to submit an action will have their memory drained, so the actions sent to the Game Master that night will not have any effect at all.

Win Condition: The independent faction eliminates all threats to them.

The Independent Faction has been totally eliminated from the Castle!

"We're almost done, guys, great job!", said Fudge's ghost.

Night 8 has begun!

Notes:
  • Night 8 will end on Sunday, February 1st, at 23:59 GMT.
  • Every player that can perform an action must PM me their action, even if it is "No Action".

Night 8 Update
As the Castle was getting more empty, the nights were more silent everyday it passed. Amongst the only things that were noticeable was the final Death Eater's nightly kill. With no hesitation, he drew another name from the bowl and went into the target's room. Same as Jeremy, Lenny was heart-stabbed even before he could open his eyes.

Lenny has been killed! He was:

The Game Master said:
Minerva McGonagall (Lenny)

Alignment: Order of the Phoenix
Hogwarts vice-headmaster and Gryffindor House’s head, you’re fully dedicated to your work. Alongside the headmaster, you make sure Hogwarts is out of danger and spell no danger outside of it.

Ability: Watchful Animagus
You’re an animagus, being able to transform into a cat. Once a night, you may PM me the name of one player. You will sneak up into that player’s dwellings, watch their actions and find out who they target.

Ability: Old Friend
Albus Dumbledore has been your friend, co-worker and companion for more time than you can imagine. Once per night, you may PM me a player name. If that player is Albus Dumbledore, you’ll receive a safe way of communication between the two of you.

Single-use Spell: Protego Horribilis
The maximum protection spell. It will protect you from anything you can imagine, even death. Once a game during the day, you may PM me to cast this spell. Members of the Order of the Phoenix will receive full protection and will not be murdered that night. Any other negative effects coming from the Death Eaters targeted towards the Order won’t go through either.

Win Condition: All Threats to the Order are eliminated.
The next morning, Fudge, as the routine said, delivered the Daily Prophet to all the remaining wizards:

The Ministry said:
The wackiest message of high authority is still to come...

This, naturally, scared the wizards a bit. How much wackier can the Prophet become?!

Day 9 has begun!

Notes:
  • Day 9 will end on Wednesday, February 4th, at 23:59 GMT.
  • 6 players remain, so 4 votes are required to end the day before time, with a Lynch.
  • Current lynch candidate(s): Everyone.
  • ~72 hours remain before day ends.
  • I never thought this game will go as far as D9. :v

RE: Werewolf XXIV: The Wizarding War - Day 9 ends February 4th, at 23:59 GMT

Time for me to end this game. Here's my own role, to start things off:

Scorched Feathers said:

The Game Master said:
Rubeus Hagrid (TwistedTurtwig)

The groundskeeper of the Hogwarts Castle. You were the one to deliver Harry to the Dursleys, and have protected him ever since. Of course, you also care about Ron and Hermione, and they all asked you to join the fight along the Order.

Passive Ability: Giant Genes
You’re big. A lot. Nu surprise, since your family is mostly made of giants. Because of this, your vote weight is +2 instead of +1.

Ability: Groundskeeping
You’re to keep an eye on everything that happens in the Castle. Once per night, you may PM me a player name. If that player performs any action that affects any member of the Order, you’ll be informed of that action.

Single-use Spell: Silencio
The muting spell. Your prohibition to cast magic has been lifted for the duration of the war. Once a game during the day, you may PM me a player name. That player will be silenced, and will not be able to post or have any sort of communication (if any) until the beginning of the next day.

I have not used my spell as of yet. Since there were only seven of us left last night, I figured that someone had to be lying. So I targeted Keeper with my ability, thinking that his list might have been a clever ruse. I was notified that he didn't perform any actions. Which means that he couldn't have been the one to kill Lenny, which confirms his claim. Therefore, Keeper of Night, Brave Vesperia, and bbninjas are all 100% clear.

So Celever. Wailord. Let's make this easy. I want both of you two to immediately post your full roles, along with all actions you've made from the beginning of the game. Please explain to me exactly why we shouldn't turbo-lynch you right now.

So I targeted Keeper with my ability, thinking that his list might have been a clever ruse.
-.-'

Also, Celever is part of a town (?) group, Wailord is left with no confirmation on any part of his role. There really shouldn't be any question.

TwistedTurtwig said:
I have not used my spell as of yet. Since there were only seven of us left last night, I figured that someone had to be lying. Err what? Lying about what? So I targeted Keeper with my ability, thinking that his list might have been a clever ruse. I was notified that he didn't perform any actions. Which means that he couldn't have been the one to kill Lenny, which confirms his claim. Therefore, Keeper of Night, Brave Vesperia, and bbninjas are all 100% clear.

So Celever. Wailord. Let's make this easy. I want both of you two to immediately post your full roles, along with all actions you've made from the beginning of the game. Please explain to me exactly why we shouldn't turbo-lynch you right now.
Bolded, and can you please post the results and who you targeted each night, with your ability?

Keeper of Night said:
So I targeted Keeper with my ability, thinking that his list might have been a clever ruse.
-.-'

Also, Celever is part of a town (?) group, Wailord is left with no confirmation on any part of his role. There really shouldn't be any question.
Celever is not cleared, the 'town' group is still not confirmed town. We have assumed it since Rev's death, but it is not certain.

bbninjas said:
Celever is not cleared, the 'town' group is still not confirmed town. We have assumed it since Rev's death, but it is not certain.

I never said he was cleared lol. But we have two suspects, one of which is in a group that we assume is town, and the other is... What again?
If neither get in here soon, I'd rather go for Wailord.

Wailord is part of Vom's QT.

I used my Aura Scan on Celever again just to clear suspicions; however, it came up as blocked again so that really didn't do anything.

Celever, Wailord_2, bbninjas, and whomever else is still alive besides KoN and TT sicne they've recently done so, please do a roll claim.

bbninjas said:
Wailord is part of Vom's QT.

Ok then, so he must be the other twin.
Then the opposite is true, but there's still a clear lynch lol.

Uhhh, I'm on my iPad, so bb, could you do me a favour and post my role please? For everyone wondering why he has it, I claimed it in the mason group forever ago. I was going to suggest a mass claim today, but you beat me to it TT :(

As for my results... I don't have any. Exciting role, huh?

##VOTE: TwistedTurtwig/b]

This is my suspect for now. Please note, Hagrid, that you are not clean by any means. Whether you have claimed Hagrid or not, he's not Dumbledore or any of the others, so he is a feasible wolf safe claim. Your actions aren't overly towny (silence is a widely used scum role) and you are not confirmed town in any other way. Note that the only person who tried to confirm you as town was MtC: scum. As such, I also don't consider KoN clear (could have been a gambit by you to gain his trust, TT) because only an indie was revealed on the list. It was a huge gambit to make, but with huge pay off.

Why am I looking for holes in the claims? Because there has gotta be a lie in there somewhere. From my POV I know that I am not the final Death Eater, but everyone else has a reliable role showing that they are not a death eater. The only two people I can find who aren't clean are TT and KoN, and if I can do my numbers right (note: probably not) I believe there are two day phases left before the Death Eater wins. Perfect fit, and TT is the scummier of the two.

Righteo (Brave), that helps clear Celever more, since it basically means Celever has no usable actions (i.e. the nightkill).

And the role claim:
Mafalda Hopkirk (Celever)

You are the Commander-in-Chief of the Improper Use of Magic Office at the Ministry of Magic. A kind witch, you are often outspoken, but still you are efficient at getting your work done when the need arises.

Passive Ability: The Trace
The Trace is a charm that lets you monitor who uses magic and where they were at the time of casting. When a character under the age of 17 uses a spell, you will learn where they were at the time, and will learn the names of any Quicktopics they are a part of. Magic used within the ministry itself is not properly documented, and as such you will not be alerted to the use of magic by a minor that is not a member of any Quicktopics.

Ability: Letter Writer
You spend your life writing letters to wizards and witches who perform magic in front of muggles. This activity will continue after life into death. Once a night after death, you may PM me a player name and a message. The message will be sealed inside an envelope and sent off to the player.

Affiliation: Ministry of Magic
You are part of the Ministry of Magic. Hence, you’ll be able to talk to them freely in a separate chat (You’ll receive the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-Use Spell: Flagrate
The marking spell. Once during the game after death, you may PM me a player name. That player will be embroidered with their role name, having it displayed in all votecounts posted after the original incantation.

Celever said:
Please note, Hagrid, that you are not clean by any means. Whether you have claimed Hagrid or not, he's not Dumbledore or any of the others, so he is a feasible wolf safe claim.

Says the guy who claims he's Mafalda Hopkirk. She was mentioned, what, maybe once in the entire series? You must have had to pick a pretty vague character to avoid being suspected, Death Eater. On the other hand, I'm Hagrid. Hagrid, the guy who's a major figure among the Hogwarts faculty and an important character in all seven of the books. Saying that Hagrid is a feasible wolf claim when you've got people like Mad-Eye Moody, Horace Slughorn, and Narcissa Malfoy in the game is absurd. Luis and SF would have had to be insane not to have included him among the town's players.

Celever said:
Your actions aren't overly towny (silence is a widely used scum role) and you are not confirmed town in any other way. Note that the only person who tried to confirm you as town was MtC: scum. As such, I also don't consider KoN clear (could have been a gambit by you to gain his trust, TT) because only an indie was revealed on the list. It was a huge gambit to make, but with huge pay off.
How is KoN not clear? The person in question on his list that wasn't aligned with the Order was a member of the indie faction, which KoN had no way of knowing. He would have had to been extremely lucky to make a guess that accurate with such a large list.

There's also this to consider, which I'd forgotten about until recently:

The Game Master said:
George Weasley (Vom)

You’re one of the Weasley twins. You obviously care about your family, but your brother more than anything. Together, you’re to battle along the Order against the Death Eaters.

Passive Ability: Marauder’s Map
You can spot everything that happens in the castle with the Marauder’s Map. Once every even-numbered night you’ll receive a random action that was performed. However, the performers will be described with their role names instead of their actual names.

Affiliation: Twin Thoughts
You are extremely close with your twin brother. Thus, you’ll be able to talk to him freely in a separate chat (You’ll receive the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-use Spell: Confundus
The confusion spell. Once during the game at night, you may PM me a player name. A dull light will fly up to the player and confuse him. Every vote that player casts during the following day will randomly be assigned to someone else instead of their initial target.

Vom's role confirms that Fred Weasley is still among the six living players for sure, and Wailord has claimed him. Fred Weasley is 100% a member of the Order, and no one has counter claimed him. Wailord is also clear.

That means that I know for a fact that you're the last scum. There's no other ways around it, Celever. Squirm all you want, but you're not going to get away from me.

##VOTE: Celever

Try to counter me with more faulty arguments, and I can and will silence you. There's only two more votes needed for us to win the game. Keeper, bbninjas, Wailord, Brave, I'd recommend you all follow my lead.

Who wants to take bets on which Death Eater he is? I'm thinking Barty Crouch Jr.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Celever said:
Please note, Hagrid, that you are not clean by any means. Whether you have claimed Hagrid or not, he's not Dumbledore or any of the others, so he is a feasible wolf safe claim.

Says the guy who claims he's Mafalda Hopkirk. She was mentioned, what, maybe once in the entire series? You must have had to pick a pretty vague character to avoid being suspected, Death Eater. On the other hand, I'm Hagrid. Hagrid, the guy who's a major figure among the Hogwarts faculty and an important character in all seven of the books. Saying that Hagrid is a feasible wolf claim when you've got people like Mad-Eye Moody, Horace Slughorn, and Narcissa Malfoy in the game is absurd. Luis and SF would have had to be insane not to have included him among the town's players.

Why would I have picked a "pretty vague character"? If I were a Death Eater, I would have a safe claim, surely? Besides, when you design a game with mason groups, you design those first (or I do, anyway, alongside most other game hosts). Give me a bigger ministry worker in the franchise. Oh, you can't? Hell, Luis brought Barty Crouch Sr. back from the dead to use him as a role in the ministry; me being a minor character is hardly farfetch'd. Furthermore, Alastor Moody is iconic to the franchise (just as much as Hagrid) and Narcissa Malfoy would have been a role to cater for having the Malfoy Manor QT, which actually contributes to my theory of why I'm an obscure character. Horace Slughorn is an interesting pick, however you ARE forgetting about the fact that the town also needs to have some obscure characters in a flavour locked game, so that the town can't just massclaim and confirm all of their town players, and Slughorn fits the bill for that role pretty well (obscure enough to not be confo-town, but also important enough to not be a completely obscure choice).

The point of a wolf's safe claim is to be a believable town role. Hagrid is just that. At the start of the game I thought that Dobby, for example, was on the town for sure, as he is one of the single most iconic characters in the entire franchise, and he isn't. Hagrid is on about the same levels as Dobby.

Hagrid said:
Celever said:
Your actions aren't overly towny (silence is a widely used scum role) and you are not confirmed town in any other way. Note that the only person who tried to confirm you as town was MtC: scum. As such, I also don't consider KoN clear (could have been a gambit by you to gain his trust, TT) because only an indie was revealed on the list. It was a huge gambit to make, but with huge pay off.
How is KoN not clear? The person in question on his list that wasn't aligned with the Order was a member of the indie faction, which KoN had no way of knowing. He would have had to been extremely lucky to make a guess that accurate with such a large list.

Not necessarily. TheGuy being indie was pretty obvious (even I could see it o_O) and AtA was already dead. bbninjas was confirmed, so that left Lenny, Vom and OAP, all of whom were pretty easy town reads to make. A gamble? Yeah, but it had a huge pay off, and they were easy reads to make. Not exactly luck, there, as I'd say he strategically chose some of the most likely townies for the list, and a clear indie.

Wolf said:
There's also this to consider, which I'd forgotten about until recently:

The Game Master said:
<Wailord's role>

Vom's role confirms that Fred Weasley is still among the six living players for sure, and Wailord has claimed him. Fred Weasley is 100% a member of the Order, and no one has counter claimed him. Wailord is also clear.

This is very true. I stated in my post earlier that the only three non-confo townies are KoN, TT and myself.

Desperate Death Eater said:
That means that I know for a fact that you're the last scum. There's no other ways around it, Celever. Squirm all you want, but you're not going to get away from me.

##VOTE: Celever

Try to counter me with more faulty arguments, and I can and will silence you. There's only two more votes needed for us to win the game. Keeper, bbninjas, Wailord, Brave, I'd recommend you all follow my lead.

You don't know for a fact that I'm the last scum. In fact, I'd say you know for a fact that I'm not, seeing as how you are currently the scummiest player. Don't think I forgot about your buss of PMJ, either!

If you silence me you will show that you do indeed have a spell found almost exclusive on wolf factions. In fact, looking at the theme of the spells found on the Death Eaters so far, I'd say it's actually fairly LIKELY for their spell to be a silence. They've had a second kill and a recruit, so if their spell isn't actually a silence this will be the first game I've played with two of those actions and not the third on one faction.

Furthermore, Hagrid has never used Silencio in his life, and it's not in-character for him to have it at all. My character has never used a spell in her life, but I was given Flagrate, a very clever spell for Mafalda to have because the whole point of her is writing. What connection does Hagrid have to Silencio, or silencing people as an act? Nothing!

When I was typing out that paragraph, I actually remembered something. The town already has a silencer! We haven't had one flip yet, but in the mason chat, Teal posted this ages ago:
"You were sneakely given a Mute Potion during breakfast, and is finally making effect. You can no longer post in the Game Thread or in any of the Quicktopics you're part of. The potion's effect will fade at the end of the day."
A Mute Potion? Hmm... who could that be? Well, everyone has claimed besides Fred Weasley. A Mute Potion? Yeah, that sounds like the sort of thing which one of the Weasley twins would use: it sounds like a prank, and a fun little item to use for a prank as well, which is what the Weasley twins are all about. The Mute Potion isn't actually real, looking at the wiki, but I would be willing to bet that Wailord will claim said action when he appears some time today. Why would Teal lie, and why would a Death Eater have something as fun sounding as a Mute Potion? It just doesn't make sense!

So follow TT and lose. Fun game, huh?

If TT silences me, please lynch him. I'm the only person attacking him, so silencing him is only in his best interests. With so few players now, we need everyone as active as possible.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Who wants to take bets on which Death Eater he is? I'm thinking Barty Crouch Jr.

P.S: This was dumb. bb's role makes it seem fairly likely that Barty Crouch Jr. is the last Death Eater, sure, but you CANNOT say it with such certainty. It just shows that you are in fact Barty Crouch Jr....

Thank you for liking his post instead of replying, TT.

KoN, who else would you put in the Ministry chat before Mafalda?

Celever said:
If TT silences me, please lynch him. I'm the only person attacking him, so silencing him is only in his best interests. With so few players now, we need everyone as active as possible.

Consider it done. It'll save you the need to founder about.

Good game, Barty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back