Finished Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Day 5 Ends August 26th

Luispipe8 said:
Also, rev3rsor's still alive, now that I noticed! D: He was the one who pointed out Grant's role. How come he hasn't come up with anything else?

I won't be saying anything more about my ability because it's pretty insignificant imo.

After thinking a bit I'm going to VOTE: alex. He seems like the most likely suspect at the moment to me.

agh sorry for the double post. when I said 'pretty insignificant', I meant my recent results were insignificant.

alex said:
My role would not be balanced as an indie because I would have no goal. If like you said I won by having a set amount of votes, then I gain nothing from having the votes. They might as well serve no purpose other than being simply a counter till I win. That's a pretty lame role, to just say "You win on Day 5" or something.

Technically not true, as you would win and that's totally something to be gained.

If it makes you feel better, why are you still pushing for my lynch just as hard with no consideration of other lynches? And in hypothetical ladders, there isn't always a top. It's juts a role name, you can't dig too deep into it.

... Actually, yes there is. There's always a top to that ladder. I mean, in business, you're climbing the ladder to CEO or something, whilst in politics you're climbing the ladder to ruler or someone of equal caliber.

Keeper of Night in this post but because of weird quoting issues said:
Does the end of every one of your posts have to be trying to push suspicion on somebody else?
I'll take a moment to do this:
Yes, it fits about the same.
The only reason you didn't use the above, imo, is to avoid looking scummy by pressing on OMGUS.

The only reason I didn't use the above is because you are confirmed town. Doing it for Jeremy is just as OMGUS as doing it for you would've been. You're both voting for me.

You know, I kind of think KoN is right on this account, man. You've even deflected attention to me before. Just to be fair, I mean, he's not completely wrong here. In fact, I believe that there is something that we need to look at that really says something about your alignment: The newspaper. I feel like it's voting for you for a reason, and it may very well be that you're an indy.

Jeremy1026 said:
Chaos Jackal, Reinforce, Kecleon-X, Professor Pautena, Porygon-X, rev3rsor, Haunted Water, Wailord_2, you all have been active (have posted at least once today) but do not have a vote at the moment. Would anyone like to weigh in as we head into the final 24 hours of the day?

sillykyle!, Shampoo-Thief, Cinesra, you have not posted today. Would you like to come out of the shadows?

(And you think we have to vote in order to weigh in?)

But, in any case, I think that alex is probably an independent character. I'm also kind of doubting Ice Espeon at the moment as well, considering the fact that his "case" against me is mostly misrepresentations of past information, of which I answered by bringing the actual facts to light. Now, considering that alex is mostly not a town-based role and is most likely an independent character, though probably not an Invader if his role wasn't edited, I would have to say that Luis is town due to my logic that I stated beforehand about it being counterproductive to have a counter to a role on the same side as the thing its supposed to counter. This also begs the question about why we have to have a counter to begin with. Now, as I am of the firm opinion that Luis is town due to my own means, ego, alex must not be town.

Now, with all this in mind, I would have to say that our primary suspects should be:

alex
Ice Espeon

And, for the moment, at least, think I should go ahead and

##FooF: alex

At least until Chaos Jackal gets here and clears all this up, hopefully.

Kecleon my point is that as an Indie I would have no use for the votes themselves. As an indie, I don't care who's lynched, so what would be the point of having so much power of the daily lynch if I didn't even care about it?

It's a role name, like I said you can't really analyze it that much...

And what's with you guys saying I'm deflecting attention everywhere? Please go back and read the day before you say this again. I have made ONE post about Kecleon, ONE other where I voted him, and ONE post about Jeremy. Do you guys know how many posts I have made today??

The newspaper is voting for me because Chaos Jackal thought my Survival ability looked scummy. They don't have a seer. Only the Editor might be/is a seer. There is no mystery as to why the Newspaper voted me, they have already said why.

alex said:
Kecleon my point is that as an Indie I would have no use for the votes themselves. As an indie, I don't care who's lynched, so what would be the point of having so much power of the daily lynch if I didn't even care about it?
But if you go undiscovered, the votes accumulate. Obviously, if you were an indie, you wouldn't reveal your whole role. So maybe something happens after you reach a certain vote count? Maybe, as I've said, you aren't lying about your cap of six, but removing what happens when you reach that cap.

And what's with you guys saying I'm deflecting attention everywhere? Please go back and read the day before you say this again. I have made ONE post about Kecleon, ONE other where I voted him, and ONE post about Jeremy. Do you guys know how many posts I have made today??
Oh yeah, I've seen them all. In each and everyone you've been extremely evasive about your role and trying to push attention to other players. Jumping IE's logic against Kecleon would be far less scummy if the entire time before that you hadn't been trying to make yourself seem "extremely powerful" and still refusing to claim.

The newspaper is voting for me because Chaos Jackal thought my Survival ability looked scummy. They don't have a seer. Only the Editor might be/is a seer. There is no mystery as to why the Newspaper voted me, they have already said why.
This doesn't make any sense. The newspaper voted you last night. Chaos Jackal revealed his results this morning. So you're putting words in our mouth by saying we already said why we voted you.

I thought Chaos Jackal was part of the newspaper? If not, actually I'm wondering why they voted me too then.

alex said:
I thought Chaos Jackal was part of the newspaper? If not, actually I'm wondering why they voted me too then.

...Because you're not town?
It still doesn't change that you said we stated why we voted you before.

??? What are you talking about? What was your reasoning for voting me last night, KoN? Because I thought CJ was in the newspaper and that was why.

alex said:
??? What are you talking about? What was your reasoning for voting me last night, KoN? Because I thought CJ was in the newspaper and that was why.
Keeper of Night said:
...Because you're not town?
Do I need more reasoning?

Yeah, you kinda do need more reasoning. WHY did you think I wasn't town LAST NIGHT?

alex said:
Yeah, you kinda do need more reasoning. WHY did you think I wasn't town LAST NIGHT?

Remember that the Newspaper told us about MTC? Well, I'm guessing that whoever that found out about you was the one that discovered MTC.

Luispipe8 said:
alex said:

Remember that the Newspaper told us about MTC? Well, I'm guessing that whoever that found out about you was the one that discovered MTC.

That wasn't the Newspaper, that was the Editor. The Newspaper didn't even vote MTC that day.

alex said:
Luispipe8 said:

That wasn't the Newspaper, that was the Editor. The Newspaper didn't even vote MTC that day.

Of course, if the editor was a form of seer, he couldn't come forward if he knew there was a wolf in the group.

Keeper of Night said:
alex said:

Of course, if the editor was a form of seer, he couldn't come forward if he knew there was a wolf in the group.

GM Draclord isn't even voting me...

alex said:
Keeper of Night said:

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

alex said:
Keeper of Night said:

Not sure how that directly affects anything, he just isn't responding in our qt.

Kecleon-X said:
Luis' role was made to nerf alex's, and from a gameplay perspective I can totally get why TheGuy did that.

WHAT.

Just...

Okay, this'll be a bit long but bear with me as I explain why I think this is WRONG.

I believe that Luis' role wasn't intended to "nerf" alex's. Or even that alex was intended to be "nerfed" at all. You guys (Kecleon-X and the others who are putting forth this theory) are trying to put one and two together to force a four --- you're trying to put an explanation and connection to two unrelated things.

First of all, Luis will only be "nerfing" alex if he targets him. If Luis has not been informed of alex's role, what are the chances of him targeting alex? 1/17 (number of players left)? Doesn't even crack 10%. What good is a "nerf" when it isn't even going to work half the time? If there had been an intent to nerf, it shouldn't be relying on extreme luck like this. You'd make it reliable or constant, because otherwise, it's almost as if you're not looking to nerf at all. Which may be what it really is.

Second, this "nerfing alex by Luis" theory you guys have is highly dependent on one thing: Luis is alive. What if Luis died early? Then now you'll say that we don't have a way of nerfing alex. Are we automatically dead because of that? No, we aren't. That means the game is very much capable of running whether or not alex is "nerfed". Then that means alex doesn't need to be nerfed. It isn't so necessary as to require another role to not only exist but also to be alive for as long as alex. If Luis' role had been made with an intent to nerf alex, why do so when there's a risk that he'd been taken out early in the game and therefore wouldn't be able to fill that purpose if he's supposed to do it?

Third, that conclusion and correlation only came about because Luis and alex's roles were revealed. If they hadn't, you can't deny that there's a possibility the game would go till the end and they wouldn't role reveal.

Fourth, you guys are trying to tie alex's "nerf"/being nerfed to the game's flow. As if it's part of the game, or it doesn't matter who dies/got lynched, this (alex's role reveal) will ALWAYS happen --- and so before the game our host created Luis' role to be a specific counter/"nerf" to alex. ... Why? Isn't Luis' role a typical Werewolf role? In any other game, it'd be nothing special. And yet in here, you claim it to be special... because it exists as a counter to a specific person's role...? If that's the case, then he shouldn't even be allowed to target other people, and just focus on alex. But that's not the case. Luis' role can and is intended to work on everyone in this game, not just alex.

What we should be saying here is that, if Luis happened to target alex, the results and benefits are more immense than, say, if he targeted a vanilla town.

But saying that TheGuy created Luis' role specifically for alex to be "nerfed" is unbelievable. If you have an intention for something, why would you make it extremely reliant on LUCK? And that there are so many factors that could derail it (e.g. Luis dying early)?

So, let me provide a possible answer to your question in the very same post as the quote above:

Kecleon-X said:
But my question still stands. Why make a role to nerf someone else's role who is on the same side as the former? Seems rather... Counterproductive. Doesn't add up.

Because there is no intention to nerf alex. Or anyone else in particular. Luis' role was meant to target everybody and it does so. All Alignments have a chance of getting "nerfed" by Luis' role, so he wasn't made just for alex.

IMO, this theory's presentation that alex needs to be "nerfed" is to make him look suspicious, which isn't town-like behavior to me. And while I do agree that alex is suspect as of the latest happenings, should alex flip town, I am keeping a suspicious eye on you all who stood by this theory due to that.

alex said:
Keeper of Night said:

Because I'm voting for Kec-X.
If i can split my vote, both of you are on my voting list

And I did split my vote by voting Kec-X here and agreed with the other journalist to vote against you.

And IIRC on the OP it state that we could do a double lynch if the majority votes are tied right.

I'm fairly confident that Kec-X is either a royalist or invader while alex is a danger to keep due to his passive role sounding very fishy

Kecleon, the things I quoted from you were cut down so that it would not be too long for people to read, as well as focusing on the important information. The conversations you had with PMJ could have been pre-planned in your wolf discussion.

As for this:

Kecleon-X said:
But, in any case, I think that alex is probably an independent character. I'm also kind of doubting Ice Espeon at the moment as well, considering the fact that his "case" against me is mostly misrepresentations of past information, of which I answered by bringing the actual facts to light. Now, considering that alex is mostly not a town-based role and is most likely an independent character, though probably not an Invader if his role wasn't edited, I would have to say that Luis is town due to my logic that I stated beforehand about it being counterproductive to have a counter to a role on the same side as the thing its supposed to counter. This also begs the question about why we have to have a counter to begin with. Now, as I am of the firm opinion that Luis is town due to my own means, ego, alex must not be town.

Now, with all this in mind, I would have to say that our primary suspects should be:

alex
Ice Espeon

And, for the moment, at least, think I should go ahead and

##FooF: alex

At least until Chaos Jackal gets here and clears all this up, hopefully.

If you think alex is town or indie (i.e. not aligned to negative faction), which you seem to think, then how can it be suspicious for me to post my honest thoughts about you being scum? If I was scum, then it would be far easier to jump on the Alex bandwagon than to try and produce a case against anyone else.

I am also open to Draclord's suggestion of a dual-lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back