Finished Werewolf XVI: A New Melee. Rejects Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
werewolf xvi: a new melee
banner made by no one because spammy is a LOSER (if anyone wants to make one, feel free)​

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the newest installment of Werewolf! Oh jesus this game's gonna be great. So great that I'm gonna just spoiler the rest of this post and get on with it:

What is Werewolf?
Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (168 hours) and Night (72 hours).

Day
During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

How to Vote

At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To vote for a player, type VOTE <player> anywhere in your post. It must be bold or it will not be counted as a vote. At any time after voting for someone, you may remove your vote for that person (unvoting). To unvote, just type UNVOTE <player> anywhere in your post. It must be bold or it will not be counted as an unvote.

Re-voting immediately is not required, but you must still follow proper voting format at all times.

Night
During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends either me or Blah the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to us as well. Once 72 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

On odd-numbered nights, send role info to PMJ.
On even-numbered nights, send role info to Blah.

We'll be monitoring in case you guys can't read and screw it up, but do try to get it right, please.

The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in Werewolf XVI has one of three different alignments:

The Town
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Brawlers," you are on this team.) The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

Town Win Condition: At least one Brawlers-aligned player is alive when all threats have been eliminated

The Werewolves
The werewolves (also referred to in this game as "scum") represent the informed minority. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Rejects," you are on this team.) The scum's main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

Scum Win Condition: At least one Rejects-aligned player is alive when all other players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same

The Independents
In addition to the two main factions, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" characters. They are not on either main team and are aligned with themselves. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: None," you are an indie.) Indies are not always a threat to the town, but the town usually needs to eliminate them in order to claim victory. If you are an indie, whether or not you are a threat to the town is at the sole discretion of the game moderator. If you're not sure, ask.

Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game.

1. No editing posts. (Hint: Merging posts (a result from double posting) appears as an edit. Don't do it!) First violation will result in a warning; second is a modkill.
3. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
4. No forum name changes as long as you're alive.
2. Don't "Like" posts in this thread once the game has started.

FAQ

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread (because you are dead). If you are part of the wolf team, you will also lose access to the wolf forum.

Q: I was the seer and I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. In fact, you may not share anything you learned while alive, not just results of your role.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot me or Blah a PM.

1. The Yoshi Toon Link - Shot Night 2
2. Some Loser Fox - KOed Night 6
3. Teal Mewtwo WINNER
4. RaichuGirl Roy WINNER
5. MDL Jigglypuff - KOed Night 3
6. Glace Meta Knight - Committed suicide Night 4
7. Bo$$_89 Donkey Kong - KOed Night 10
8. Tri3sten Wolf WINNER
9. Dark Void Ganondorf - Lynched Day 9
10. Nengeni Peach - Committed suicide Night 2
11. Flygon2071 Dr. Mario - Blew up Day 3 WINNER
12. Porygon-X Zelda - KOed Night 9
13. Haunted Water Young Link - Lynched Day 4 WINNER
14. ChillBill King Dedede - Batted to the heavens Day 4
15. Sir Taco R.O.B. WINNER
16. Machamp the Champion Diddy Kong - Lynched Day 10
17. alex Bowser - Manipulated into suicide Night 2
18. DNA Pichu - Lynched Day 5 WINNER
19. HypnoticChairman Ness - KOed Night 1
20. Chillarmy Samus - KOed Night 7
21. Astra Master Hand - Sent TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON Day 5
22. Bisharp37 Luigi - KOed Night 4
23. TheGuy Mario - KOed Night 8
24. corn bread Wario - Lynched Day 2
25. Starboard Driger Pikachu - Killed by Dragoon Day 10
26. dmaster Captain Falcon - Lynched Day 8
27. Guilty Spark Kirby - Shot Night 3
28. Luckyfire Sonic

One day, Wolf O'Donnell was busy drinking coffee (black) and reading the newspaper when he saw the tier list. "What the hell???" Wolf thought as he nearly spit out his coffee. "That turd Fox is still above me? Man, he needs to die already." Then he realized that he was looking at an outdated newspaper, and that he should probably stay up to date on current events. Picking up today's newspaper, he saw that life was decent for Wolf, as he was indeed a few spots above Fox on the tier list. But he remembered the day when Fox was just a single place above him, and it boiled his blood. Yeah, it was time for Fox to die.

But how? He went out for a run and saw a stupid Pokemon sitting on the curb. He considered punching it, but something unknown gave him pause. "Hey kid, why so sad?"

The little Pokemon looked up with wide, sad eyes and said, "I wasn't invited to the Brawl." :<

Wolf nodded. "Oh, you're one of them, uh, rejects from Melee, ain't you?" He crossed his arms. "Heard about you guys."

The Pokemon perked up a little after that. Wow, someone knew him! "Really? Cool! The others will be glad to hear that! We get together a few times a week to drink our sorrows away! Come on, I'll introduce you to the gang!" Wolf considered just cutting his losses and going somewhere else, but he didn't have any other ideas. Who knows? Maybe these guys might be tough enough.

"I'm Pichu," the Pokemon said as he skipped alongside Wolf. "And you're Wolf! We all know who you guys are. I'm surprised you even know we exist, seeing as how this is your first time in the tournament and all. And here we are!"

And for the sake of time we're going to assume Wolf was very impressed with what he saw and so he and the rejects from Melee are best buds now.

STUFF NEW TO WEREWOLF XVI

1. Role reveal. You may say anything you want about your role, including quoting it directly from me if you so choose. Feel free to lie about as much of it as you want (protip: scum should probably lie about their role PMs if they share). This is the biggest experiment for this game, so here's hoping it doesn't turn into a bust!

Here is the role PM format for this game.

Role: PMJ
Alignment: Hosts

You are PMJ, the host of this game. When Blah told you about his plan for a video game-based Werewolf, you told him about your idea and he agreed to design this game with you. Here's hoping you guys did it right.

Attack 1: Hand of Black God (2000/100)
Attack 2: Dark as Night (5000/30)

Ability: Phenomenal Cosmic Powers
At any time during the game you do anything you damn well please, because you are the host. You can't be roleblocked and things you do to players will never be redirected.

Ability: Can't Let You Do This Alone, Star Fox
You may speak to Blah privately. His identity will be sent in a separate - oh wait.

Final Smash: Herp
When you use this ability, chicken and watermelon will rain from the sky. Players may partake as often as they like.

Win Condition: Players have fun

2. Final Smashes. This game, if you haven't figured it out already, is based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Each contestant has their very own Final Smash, which can be used if you obtain a Smash Ball (more on that later). An important note about Final Smashes: not everyone's Final Smash in Werewolf XVI is named/has a similar effect to their actual Final Smash in SSSBB. I can't stress how important this is, so do your best to remember that.

2a. Attack mechanics. Each player has either one or two attacks, which they may use to hit the Smash Ball when it appears to them. Each attack has two numbers in parentheses. The first is the attack's damage done to the Smash Ball; the second is the attack's accuracy. So, using the example above, if I see the Smash Ball and decide to use Dark as Night, there is only a 30% chance it will connect - but if it does, I will do 5000 damage. If I wasn't willing to roll dice, I could stick with the safe "Hand of Black God" attack and do a solid 2000 damage.

2b. The Smash Ball. Simple enough - if you see it, you may either attack it or let it float away. If you attack it and your attack is successful, you will reduce the HP of the Smash Ball by that amount. If your attack reduces the HP of the Smash Ball to 0 or less, you will gain access to your Final Smash for a total of twelve hours before it leaves your body. If it doesn't break, the Smash Ball will be passed to a randomly selected player.

The Smash Ball will be passed around at all times, day and night. You will be notified when it is floating near you. Whenever a player uses their Final Smash, it will be noted in the town: A Final Smash has been unleashed! This message may appear in the middle of the night as well, though you're still not allowed to post in the game thread until the next day starts. Some Final Smashes have immediate effects. Some do not. In most cases, you will also not know who is using the Final Smash.

Also, if you have a Final Smash that can only be used during a certain part of the day, you are exempt from the twelve-hour rule if you obtain the Smash Ball during the wrong time of day. In that case, your grace period will end twelve hours after the correct time phase starts.

3. Battle stages. Each day phase will take place on a stage from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Each stage provides hidden bonuses for certain characters. That's all!

4. Voting mechanics. look under "how to play" and also read up on sending in night info for good measure

ALL RIGHT GUYS SIGN UP GO GO GO

RE: Werewolf XVI: A New Melee

Sign me up! And give me Meta Knight while you're at it.

Woah. A fun werewolf game? What? This should be interesting. Sign me up

Sign me up. lol strikethrough is officially not stylish anymore...

i
http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/n-full-art-noble-victories-nvi-101.jpg

In. Hopefully I've understood the special rules well enough.
Wow, I'm playing in three WW at the same time!

Will we be notified about how much HP left does the Smash Ball has left? Or we would have to take our chance without knowing even the max HP.

:OOOOOOOOO best idea ever! ininininininininininininin

I was originally not going to join WWXVI, but Smash Bros? C'mon, I can't miss that! Just don't make me Jigglypuff.

Also, in the Rules & FAQ's, it says you can't quote a Role PM, but one of the new rules is that you can quote things the host says ._. WAT DO AI DOO?

Thanks for not sending out reservation PMs scum.

in.

ALL IN

Now I'm going to go back and read the rules now. Dibs on a Fire Emblem character, preferably Hector.

Edit: I has a quest chin!

2b. The Smash Ball. Simple enough - if you see it, you may either attack it or let it float away. If you attack it and your attack is successful, you will reduce the HP of the Smash Ball by that amount. If your attack reduces the HP of the Smash Ball to 0 or less, you will gain access to your Final Smash for a total of twelve hours before it leaves your body. If it doesn't break, the Smash Ball will be passed to a randomly selected player.
When do we see the Smash Ball? At night? Or is it posted publicly in the thread or something? Or do we find out and get killed as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back