Finished Werewolf XIX-0: Arceus Team Mafia. Town wins (natch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIX-0: Arceus Team Mafia. D4 ends Dec 15 2013 at 8 PM CST

Game freeze.

Also, Could I request that whichever other faction that has a role block use it on someone out of sillykyle, SMP and Blui?

My guess is that Fairy Arceus will show up as a random alignment when seered. He seems like the "leader" of the Newbies, so it wouldn't surprise me if he had that kind of advantage.

And ##VOTE: Kecleon-X

Nice job Puff-Sun!

Here is the day three vote count:

Mthew: 1 (grantm1999, Astra, RaichuGirl, Kecleon-X, Teal)
Four Arms: 0 (SMP)
Puff-Sun: 1 (SMP)
Kecleon-X: 15 (Astra, SMP, James86134, Mapleboy86, RaichuGirl, Puff-Sun, Keeper of Night) Stolen

Not voting: 13 (Lemonnade, Four Arms, Chronus MSEA, TwistedTurtwig, Ice Jackal, Teal, Porygon-X, sillykyle, alex, Sir Taco, Mthew, Blui, Kecleon-X)

Day 4

As soon as Puff lucksacked, Kecleon-X was lynched in record time. Kecleon-X was:

Role: Yveltal
Alignment: Newbies

You are Yveltal, lord of death. The gods themselves have shown you their power over death and decay, and you think that's just adorable. Time to show 'em how it's really done.

Passive Effect: Safe? Claim
If your alignment is investigated, it will appear as (removed). Your character safe claim is (removed).

Passive Effect: Level 4 Death
A random non-Newbies player will die at the start of every day that is a multiple of 4.

Ability: Doom
Once each night you may choose any player. That player will become doomed.

Ability: Death Wing
Once each night you may PM me to use this ability. All doomed players will die. This ability supersedes standard protection roles. You can't use this ability the same night that you doom a player.

Win Condition: Kill seven or more players with Death Wing

God damn, it's Dusty Gulch all over again. Night 4 ends Friday, December 13, 2013, at 2 PM CST.

RE: Werewolf XIX-0: Arceus Team Mafia. N4 ends Dec 13 2013 at 2 PM CST

Luckyfire replaces Porygon-X.

I'm calling this game in favor of the town, as sillykyle is boned tomorrow and Four Arms can't win if he's the only newbie alive. Even if I edit his win condition to remove that part of it he is still pretty much dead since 1) no one will join without consulting the town and 2) town would be rightfully upset if I changed it just so he would win in a couple days, since he had access to all the quicktopics.

Sorry guys, but there's no way you could have gotten out of this alive.

MVP: No one. Town lucked their way to every kill they made and that takes the sting out of having my game ruined so badly by RNG.

I am not entirely blameless, however. Though I gave the scum safe claims, I forgot to actually make them safe (i.e. giving Yveltal the same vote modifier as the Evil team so he could blend in, or giving Xerneas and Fairy Arceus a boosted vote weight). I should have spread the Arceuseses more evenly throughout each team so that it wasn't terribly obvious that the odd one out was scum.

If you didn't catch it from one of the early posts, all of these roles were originally designed by my brother, who first came up with this idea for Pokemon Online's mafia. I adapted it to PokeBeach style, hoping to try something new. Unfortunately it didn't translate well and, combined with poor planning, this was the end result.

All that said, I consider this a learning experience. I need to seriously take care of my scum or they'll get hung out to dry. I hope everyone except Greninja and Porygon-X joins DNA and I for when we host Werewolf 21, a sequel to PokeBeach's very first game of Werewolf! Here's a blurb to get you excite:

Six years ago, Water Pokemon Master took up arms against the influx of n00bs. Since then, the members have lived in fear, for they are banned at the slightest hint of n00bishness. One member, however, has had enough. They have gathered together a force in an attempt at finding the mods (who hide among the members in order to watch them) and routing them with the goal of a freer PokeBeach for all.

Anyway, discuss, rate/hate, whatever. I hope you had fun?

Forum member WW:s are always the best. The games I have hosted have been about forum members too.

It was a little of both.

camoclone getting a role that died super easily was just luck of the draw. Naturally, as a popular player, it was obvious that someone was gonna mark him for death, and that was the end of him.

Red Rain never would have been found (at least, not right away) if Mapleboy hadn't tried to burn him. But camoclone's ability protected him and outed him as scum.

And finding Kecleon-X was just pure dumb luck. I refuse to believe it was anything otherwise so you all can stop high-fiving him.

Town roles were also pretty OP since the Magical team had a combined vote weight of thirteen. Jesus.

Oh well! I disclaimed all that in the OP so I ain't even mad B]

And I knew it too! Kehkejndmenrjhd
Well played Four Arms, well played.

That's not very fair though, seeing as how there were two newbies with a Magical safe claim. Kind of surprised Four Arms didn't kill me (though he might have tried, I was marked).
Guess it wouldn't have mattered. Even if I had died, once the real Magical member died, everyone would be turning to the Magical team for scum suspects.
Fun indeed! Glad I could live through a game for once.

Mapleboy gets MVP. I possibly could've won if he hadn't pointed it out. Next time, I'm double checking my role.
My plan was to use Groudon, my safe claim, and blend in with the Physical faction. After I cast off suspicion, I will gather all five of the dragonballs orbs, then give a good speech and endgame everybody. If Mapleboy hadn't called me out, I had a good chance of winning.
PMJ inspired me to do this when he did a similar thing in the blank game.

And finding Kecleon-X was just pure dumb luck. I refuse to believe it was anything otherwise so you all can stop high-fiving him.
Actually, since my team had the Physical and Evil qt, we were able to deduce who had the Dragon qt. it might have been luck, but Puff at least let us narrow down the suspects.

How exactly do you call a game when each faction has their own win con? There's nothing that says that Magical couldn't have used their 13 votes to go after Dragons to get the win by themselves. Evil also knew almost every Physical player, why wouldn't they try for a win just for themselves?

The first day I posted a couple of times before PMJ prematurely ended it.

The next day I couldn't even post if I wanted to because PMJ very harshly and unnecessarily ruled that I had to choose between actually using my role or not posting the next day. I never get a role I can use in the night, and when I finally did this game I forgot and submitted no action. Very quickly I realized I got confused and sent him a message later changing my actions from "no action" to actually using my ability. I was pretty upset, especially since PB lynches inactives quite a lot. The day I couldn't post, SS got lynched for being inactive.

The next day I posted several times.

Then the last day I was busy but still kept up with the thread until Kecleon got turbo lynched and the day ended before I could post.

Then I was replaced... :( It's a shame too; I was really into this game.

Ah well, let's home circumstances are different in the next game.

I still think it's funny that grant was right about me being the poisoner....
On another note, kind of fun for a first game, but I didn't really do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back