Finished Werewolf XII: Seven Days of Terror - Team Rocket's Revenge. Rockets Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With people clamoring pre-game for TDL's lynch on Day 1, Rusticks's Night 0 investigation result would have gone a long way to ensuring his survival. In fact, I think that if Rusticks had lived long enough to personally clear TDL based on his investigation result, that alone would have been enough to rocket Team Rocket to victory. But he didn't, and TDL got no air time out of his godfather ability."

scaled.php

I'm still glad I played the suicide card and took Puff or whoever with me. Buying the wolves an extra day or two = win.

Comments on the game? The inactive players made the game look bad.

That was fun, GG.

Didn't I replace someone? Or was that last game? Shows how little I remember :D

Hopefully I can join next game!

Nice voting, sb ;p GG all. I think you've done a pretty good job of running things, and I like the changes implemented, PMJ. The only problem I have is the number of kill roles. The Wikipedia article on mafia talks about the statistics of mafia games and how likely the town is to win depending on the number of kill roles. I think the reason the town hasn't won very often is that there are too many kill roles in the game, thus messing up the Goldilocks Zone of probability and putting the odds against us.

The only inactive player I liked was Blah ('cause I got his role :p)
But yeah, it sucked that PMJ had to modkill because of those players.
Nice post ComfortEagle

Wow. And we all thought cornbread was a nubcake. You sir, played admirably. I feel stupid for randomly guessing Cinesra instead of DNA now >_<

"Also notice that his win condition specifically involved TDL's death, which ended up working out nicely. I don't know if TDL even knew."

I did not. I think that's why DNA didn't talk me out of suicide. :p

Also no I did not realize I could win amongst the wolves. Had I known THAT.

EDIt: y'all can blame me for the loss btw. I tried to rally the townies and lynched cinesra instead lol.

also FUUUUUUUUU WOLVES FOR STEALING MY VICTORY

GG everyone!

Meaty is a scarily good player. He was the only one who suspected me the entire game, and he turned out to be right. Anyway, it was fun playing, hope to do this again sometime.

Corn bread, my apologies. I still think you're annoying with your terrible s/g. Now, let's address a few questions in the end of the game. Particularly why I was saying I had a kill role when it's clear I didn't have one. I thought I did with Spite, so I played quite a few days under the pretense that I did have a kill role. In a sense, I think that mistake helped me stay alive till DNA decided to throw the axe on me.
If Zyflair was ever trying to use Agility, he was doing it wrong the whole game. Only once did he vote first during the Day (and it didn't matter anyway because I think that that was a turbo-lynch Day). He fell one vote short for Spite during Day 6, which is truly a shame, because I'd been hoping all game I'd get to see Zyflair mute someone.

Oh well. He handled himself admirably despite being suspected as a Rocket and managed to avoid the lynch, living all the way to the end.
I was under enough suspicion. Starting a bandwagon would make it worse. Also, Day 6 was where I simply didn't wait long enough. :x

Here are all the kill roles:

1. Ash Langford-Ketchum (restricted to 1 Rocket, post-death)
3. Brock Harrison (whoever voted him first)
4. James Whitmore (one-shot vigilante kill)
6. Tracey Sketchit (never actually killed)
7. Caroline Langford (serial killer-ish)
14. Butch Sahagian (this seriously was never gonna happen, but Officer Jenny could have been killed by this)
18. Iris Felstaff (typical jack of all trades)
31. Harley Rannells (required his death, also restricted to Rockets)

And whoever had the Top Dog ability. So while it looks like a lot, two of them are restricted only to Rockets and everyone other than Teal was one-shot.

Let's take a look at the protective roles:

3. Brock Harrison (one-shot)
4. James Whitmore (self-protect)
8. Vivian Joy (doctor)
11. The Ghost of Max Langford (jailkeeper)
16. Samuel Oak (immune to night kills until Night 5)
18. Iris Felstaff (one-shot)
28. Lovrina Fairchild

And possibly 32. Andrew Mishik, depending on who was lynched previously

I think the biggest issue here was the protection roles dying early, and safariblade refusing to protect anyone.

Cinesra said:
I feel stupid for not noticing that DNA shouldn't have lived that long.

This times a hundred. I figured Cinesra or DNA were wolves, and I picked Cinesra. I even said a wolf with a scan ability was broken.

Hermione Granger in the second Harry Potter film said:
How could I be so stupid

Yeah, I was wondering where you were going with that, Teapot. Also, sorry for being wrong about you and all that/

safariblade said:
I don't know from who. This was my second game of WW, and on my first game I think I was killed the first night. I've barely played WW.
... I'm pretty sure you're the cause of the loss of the last game. It was obvious TDL was wolf and you sided with him for one of the biggest WW derps in history. Yup, Right here, you silly thing.

As for DNA, I suspected him, but just because I let my personal views get in the way, I let him off scot free. Can't say the same the other way around.

Cinesra said:
Yeah, I was wondering where you were going with that, Teapot. Also, sorry for being wrong about you and all that/

lol it's K. Now you know for next werewolf game that wolves don't show up as kill roles. Learn something every day :)

sorry for being wrong about you lol

I knew DNA was really suspicious after I learned that someone else learned it (corn bread). I never wanted to come out with what I knew for fear of being suspected and bandwagoned and having the day skipped.

Good game everyone, well played indeed!

Zyflair said:
... I'm pretty sure you're the cause of the loss of the last game. It was obvious TDL was wolf and you sided with him for one of the biggest WW derps in history. Yup, Right here, you silly thing.

As for DNA, I suspected him, but just because I let my personal views get in the way, I let him off scot free. Can't say the same the other way around.

Oh yeah.

I suspected SB up until I figured out it was DNA/Cinesra. And then I just went for the 50/50 wrong. Not that I was gonna convince the town to vote for DNA anyways, even if I did get RB and Eevee miraculously.

But I don't think SB is the cause of the entire loss. (maybe.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back