Finished Werewolf XII: Seven Days of Terror - Team Rocket's Revenge. Rockets Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XII: Seven Days of Terror - Team Rocket's Revenge. Day 10 ends June 19, 2012, at 9 AM CST / 10 PM RST

Masons aren't also exactly the "safest" roles to scoff at.

RE: Werewolf XII: Seven Days of Terror - Team Rocket's Revenge. Day 10 ends June 19, 2012, at 9 AM CST / 10 PM RST

I feel like you guys are completely ignoring this. The only part of my evidence you've even looked at is that dns is a girl and a mason. Ok, well then. Of course there are a bunch of girls in Pokemon universe. Well, which one (a really girly one) has a motivation to be on Team Rocket. A sensational sister could easily have a similar motivation to Caroline.(Misty is dead) She could also be tired of Misty and her friends being in the spotlight. Who do you propose?

Riskbreakers said:
Masons aren't also exactly the "safest" roles to scoff at.

I don't know what you mean by this. Explain.

Tally time!

Riskbreakers - 1
Cinesra - 2

Five votes needed to end the Day. You have 14.5 hours left before random.org decides your fate.

HypnoticLuxray said:
I feel like you guys are completely ignoring this. The only part of my evidence you've even looked at is that dns is a girl and a mason. Ok, well then. Of course there are a bunch of girls in Pokemon universe. Well, which one (a really girly one) has a motivation to be on Team Rocket. A sensational sister could easily have a similar motivation to Caroline.(Misty is dead) She could also be tired of Misty and her friends being in the spotlight. Who do you propose?

I don't know what you mean by this. Explain.

We're now ignoring DNS because he's guaranteed a mason so we're like ignoring him. We're not even thinking of the odds that he could be a wolf/mason

Cinesra has been throwing out accusations for the past couple of days. He seems so confident on who is a wolf and who isn't. Why would he be confident unless he knows who everyone is alignment wise? He accusing townies in hopes that us townies would believe what he says. I say he is acting too much like a wolf right now. I say

Vote: Cinesra

There's been wolf masons in almost quite a fair amount of games. It seems to me like you're being ignorant. All of you seem to disagree with my idea, but not one of you has even attempted to shoot it down. Why?

I'm sick and tired of Cinesra thinking he's the leader here. I guarantee you that your role does not search for alignments and makes you look funnier too.

While I do not agree with Safariblade's reasons in the slightest (it's not about usefulness; it's about finding a wolf), and although I would have much rather voted for one of the other 3 suspects, Cinesra's name hasn't totally been cleared.
There's reasoning for why, and reasoning for why he is not, and both seem to be equally valid.

And since it seems that there are already enough votes for him already,

...I'm sorry.

Okay, that's game freeze

brb assembling update

Day 10

Tension was high. One wrong move could spell disaster, and everyone's lives hung in the balance. They all accused each other and eventually it was decided that Cinesra's ability to detect dangerous players was their strongest link to the wolves, and so Cinesra was lynched. Cinesra was:

Role: Samuel Oak
Alignment: Sketchmore Industries

You are the renowned Pokemon researcher, Professor Samuel Oak. You're here mainly for Ash's sake, and to totally hit on his mom because youse a playa. Just because you're pushing sixty doesn't mean you can't score.

Ability: Respected
You cannot be killed during the night phase until Night 4. If someone targets you to be killed during the night phase, you will not be killed.

Ability: Oak Sense
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. I will tell you if that player has an ability that can kill another player.

Win Condition: All threats to Sketchmore Industries eliminated

Bad news, Sketchmore Industries...

Night 10 ends whenever I get the night information.

Night 10

"Ready?" the lead Rocket asked her cronies.

"Yup," was the reply.

"Sho nuf," was another.

All three went out and murdered Teapot in his sleep. Teapot was:

Role: Todd Snap
Alignment: None

You're the famous photographer Todd Snap. You have made a rather nice living with photography, extending your line of work to include humans as well as Pokemon. As someone from far away, you aren't particularly concerned with taking sides - you just want to take pictures.

Ability: Frozen in Time
You may use this ability no more than three times per game. During any night phase, PM me to activate this ability. All other abilities will be prevented from working during that night. (Team Rocket's factional kill is exempted from this.)

Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game

"Time to get the rest of them! Go make Mama proud!" their leader squawked.

Eevee burst into HypnoticLuxray's room and cut his eyes out. HypnoticLuxray was:

Role: Maxie Steinfeldt

You are Maxie, the former leader of the now-disbanded Team Magma. After a disaster involving legendary Pokemon nearly took your life, you have sworn off evil. You plan on using your knowledge of all things evil to help thwart Team Rocket's plans.

Ability: Scum Drain
If you are killed by Team Rocket's factional kill, all members of Team Rocket will lose all secondary night abilities. (Note: they can still perform the factional kill, and can still converse among themselves. But any _other_ abilities they may have will be nullified for the rest of the game.)

DNA slipped into safariblade's room and pumped him full of hydrofluoric acid. safariblade was:

Role: The Ghost of Max Langford

You've been possessed by the ghost of May's little brother, who met an untimely end here. Being possessed does have its benefits, though.

Ability: Embargo
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be protected from kills, but will prevent the use of any night abilities. You may not target yourself with this ability.

Ability: The Benefits of Possession
If you are killed, you may still talk to players as a living player normally would, but cannot vote or use the Embargo ability.

And finally, Riskbreakers, the leader of them all, burst into doublenikesocks's room and Malaysia'd him to death. doublenikesocks was:

Role: Violet Bouvard

You are Violet, one of the Sensational Sisters. The three of you have joined the competition to win money for a memorial for your baby sister. As the "leader", so to speak, of the group, you have tasked yourself with keeping the three of you safe so you can win together. Ironically, you are the only one who is in this competition for Misty's sake.

Ability: Sisterly Love
You may communicate with the other Sensational Sisters freely (their identities will be sent in a separate PM).

Ability: Truly Sensational
You cannot be lynched as long as both Daisy and Lily are alive. If you are voted to be lynched, the lynch will fail and the day phase will end as normal.

The three Rockets cackled in a cliche manner. Victory, glorious victory, was theirs!

Werewolf XII ends with a Team Rocket victory! Here are the remaining roles:

Riskbreakers:

Role: Lovrina Fairchild
Alignment: Team Rocket

You are Lovrina of Cipher, a criminal organization based in Orre. After hearing about that mysterious mansion on the news, you've decided to join the competition and stir up trouble. You don't even care about the money - you just want an excuse to kill people.

Ability: Cute Protection
Once during each even-numbered night phase, you may PM me the name of one of your Rocket cohorts. That player will be protected from being killed during that night phase.

Ability: Fabulous
You cannot be lynched as long as no Rockets have died. If you are voted to be lynched, the lynch will fail and the day will end as normal.

Ability: Top Dog
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of any player. That player will be killed. You must also PM me the name of the Rocket that will perform the kill. You are welcome to discuss either of these decisions with your teammates, but the final decision is yours alone - I will only accept the factional kill from you. If you are killed, this ability will be passed on to a randomly selected Rocket.

Ability: Rocket Support Network
You have access to Rocket Hideout and may use it to communicate freely with your other Rockets.

Win Condition: Match or exceed number of Sketchmore Industries players

Eevee:

Role: Lyra Stevens

You are Lyra. You used to be a regular trainer from Johto, but that didn't work out. You wish Khoury would have joined you, but you were surprisingly fine with seeing him beheaded. Still, you secretly long for freedom.

Ability: But I'm Just a Kid
If you are lynched, Team Rocket cannot make its faction's kill during that night.

You have access to Rocket Hideout and may use it to communicate freely with your other Rockets.

DNA:

Role: Archie Steinfeldt

You're the leader of Team Aqua! Fortunately, you've been going under the radar for the past few years and no one here really knows who you are anymore. The disguise helps, too. You think you'd be a better leader than Cassidy, but you don't want to draw suspicion to yourself.

Ability: No Loose Ends
Twice a game during any night phase, you may PM me to activate this ability. The role PM of whoever is killed by Team Rocket's factional kill will be obscured until your death, at which point all hidden information will be revealed.

Ability: Shifty Eyes
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. At the start of the next day phase, I will tell you if any other players targeted that player during that night phase.

Win Condition: Survive longer than Cassidy does and match or exceed number of Sketchmore Industries players

And the two roles that you didn't get to see. First, Rusticks:

Role: Gary Oak

Even though you are no longer the slick pimp daddy you were when you were 10, you are still cool and everyone knows it. You are determined to use your skilled research methods to bring the remnants of Team Rocket to justice.

Ability: Shuffle and Draw 5
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. That player's alignment will be made available to you at the start of the next day phase.

Ability: Settled Score
Your lynch vote counts double as long as Ash is dead.

Meaty:

Role: Jennifer Stone

You are Officer Jenny, hailing from Pewter City. You are investigating Butch's escape from prison. You got some trusted intel that told you he's here, but with everyone all mixed up, how can you find him?

Ability: Open Up, It's the Police
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. I will send the following message to that player:

"[your name here] has chosen to tell you that they are aligned with Sketchmore Industries. You may not publicly reveal this information. (If your role allows you to speak privately with one or more players, you may share this information with any or all of them. However, those players may not inform [your name here] that they have been informed of this message.)"

If you share this information with Butch, he will kill you. (You cannot use this ability on night zero.)

Win Condition: Butch is lynched
Alternate Win Condition (if Butch is killed via any other means): All threats to Sketchmore Industries eliminated

Note: If Butch is lynched, you will be pronounced a winner and removed from the game.

Postgame coming soon, but first, I am pleased to announce that Chillarmy will be hosting Werewolf XIII, with DNA as co-host. They'll post more details when they see fit.

Now that the game's over, I'd like to invite everyone back to comment on the game - the roles (which I'll get to in a minute), the rules, how I ran things, everything. Was it fun? What things did you like? More importantly, what things did you dislike? Your comments are important, because while Chillarmy and DNA will be co-hosting Werewolf 13, you'd better believe I'll be back in the driver's seat for Werewolf 14 (which is already in development). I hope to become the standard "PokeBeach Werewolf Host" kind of like z-man did early on. While playing the game is fun, running it gives me a lot of joy (and ensures I stay involved until its end!). I also want to erase the "last host dies first" thing that we seem to do, and having me run future games seems like a good way to start doing that.

Now, without further ado, here is the list of roles, who played that role, and my own comments:

1. Ash Langford-Ketchum (Ice Arceus)
Role: Ash Langford-Ketchum

You are the one, the only, Ash Ketchum (the real one). You think you should have seen this coming, but nothing to do now but make sure you and your wife get out alive.

Ability: Don't Worry, It's Happened Before
If you are killed, you will be revived after one day-night cycle. If you are killed again, this ability will have no effect.
(This ability will not be disclosed on your first death.)

Ability: Oblivious To My Strength
Your lynch vote counts double - but not until Day 6. If you are killed, this ability can't be used.

Ability: True Love
If May dies, you will commit suicide. You can communicate with May freely (her identity will be sent in a separate PM).

I don't know if he did any communication with Dark Void, who played May. As you may remember, he suicided Day 4 when the Rockets took out Dark Void during Night 3. What no one knew, however, was that once Ash died, he would... change:

Role: Ash Langford-Ketchum

You are the one, the only, Ash Ketchum (the real one). Having lost your wife in addition to your girlfriend, you've become bitter and hateful. You loathe Team Rocket with every fiber of your being, and your only goal now is to watch them twist in the wind. Since visiting the afterlife, you have been given the option to exact revenge for May, but the price for doing so is a costly one...

Ability: Don't Worry, It's Happened Before
If you are killed, you will be revived after one day-night cycle. If you are killed again, this ability will have no effect.
(This ability will not be disclosed on your first death.)

Ability: Oblivious To My Strength
Your lynch vote counts double - but not until Day 6. If you are killed, this ability can't be used.

If May dies, you will commit suicide. You can communicate with May freely (her identity will be sent in a separate PM).

Hidden Ability: Rose's Offer
Once a game during any night phase, you may PM me to use this ability. You will kill May's killer, but the next Day phase will only last 12 hours. If May's killer is dead, you will kill yourself instead. (The next Day will still be shortened.)

Win Condition: Live to see 3 Team Rocket members lynched

As many of you picked up on fairly early, Ash's rebirth saw him change factions with a new, dangerous ability that you all should be thankful he never made use of. Of course, whether he would have used it had he lived more than a Day will never be known. I'm pretty sure that had Ice Arceus accepted Rose's offer, there would have been a random lynch on that Day, which could have gone either way.
2. May Langford-Ketchum (Dark Void)
Role: May Langford-Ketchum

Congratulations, you're May! Beaten and traumatized a year ago, you've lost your sight and can't see. Ash has sworn his life to protecting you.

Ability: I Am NOT Useless!
You may use this ability once per game. PM me the name of a player. That player's role PM will be revealed to all at the beginning of the next day phase. (You can't use this on night zero.)

If Ash dies, you will commit suicide. You may communicate with Ash freely (his identity will be sent in a separate PM).

I think Dark Void played this well enough. His clearing of ESP early on made him a prime target for Teal, but Teal didn't pick up on it until a couple Nights later. As I said, I don't know if he and IA collaborated at all outside the game.
3. Brock Harrison (King Arceus -> ESP)
Role: Brock Harrison

You are the Brockmeister. Ever since you joined the Elite Four, you've been living the life of luxury: money, power, and women. Oh, the women. You've taken a leave of absence to win some money for May's family, but will you survive long enough to claim it?

Ability: A Dish Best Served Cold
If you are lynched, the first person who voted for you will also be killed.

Ability: Nurse Brock
You may use this ability once per game. During any night phase, PM me the name of a player (including yourself). If that person is targeted to be killed during that night phase, that player will not die.

I ended up having to replace de really early on, which was something I didn't want to do, but when he came to me admitting he had inadvertently learned the identity of one of the wolves, I had no choice but to take him out of the game - there was no way he could play town in good faith while knowing who one of the wolves was.

Of course, I learned after the fact that de was actually dead wrong about his assessment. So while it's admirable that de took the high road and came to me, what he should have done was tried to play it off on the town and get his target lynched.

That said, I'm kinda miffed that this role got revealed, because it all but ensured no one would dare try to lynch ESP.
4. James Whitmore (Puff)
Role: James Whitmore

You are James, co-head of Sketchmore Industries. You were skeptical of this from the very beginning, and now that your worst fears have been realized, you worry that history is going to repeat itself.

Ability: Into My Own Hands
Once a game during any night phase, you may kill any player you wish.

Ability: The Secrets of Team Rocket
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of any player. If that player is a member of Team Rocket, I will quote their role PM to you.

Ability: In Loving Memory
Twice a game during any night phase, you may PM me to activate this ability. You will leave the mansion for the night and spend the night mourning at the waterfall, where your partners are buried. In doing this, you will not be affected by any abilities, but you also cannot use any other abilities for the duration of that night phase.

Ah, Puff. It wasn't until Puff claimed he was a seer that I realized that...well what do you know, he kind of is one. That wasn't exactly my intent with this role, but I'm going to chalk it up to this being my first game.

Clearly, one of the biggest upsets in the game was when Puff nailed Chillarmy with The Secrets of Team Rocket on Night 0. The odds of him successfully picking out a Rocket on Night 0 were ~23%, so that was one heck of a guess! It never occurred to me that Puff could use Into My Own Hands to kill Chillarmy, but it was actually a smart use of his role. Considering that Puff got lynched pretty early on, it's a good thing that he guessed right.

Not only was this a blow early on to Team Rocket, but killing off Chillarmy in particular ruined like 2 other roles :x
5. Gary Oak (Rusticks)
Role: Gary Oak

Even though you are no longer the slick pimp daddy you were when you were 10, you are still cool and everyone knows it. You are determined to use your skilled research methods to bring the remnants of Team Rocket to justice.

Ability: Shuffle and Draw 5
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. That player's alignment will be made available to you at the start of the next day phase.

Ability: Settled Score
Your lynch vote counts double as long as Ash is dead.

Raise your hand if you even remember Rusticks playing. DNA used Night 1 to try out his No Loose Ends ability and obscure the Rocket kill from view. As you can see, Rusticks was supposed to be the true seer, so you guys really did lose him Night 1. (In one of my first ww games, I suffered the same fate, except I was lynched Day 2 instead).

I don't think anyone really cared that Rusticks died, since Puff was largely viewed as the seer, and Rusticks died so early on that his death was largely inconsequential.

Funnily enough, Rusticks used his Night 0 investigation on TDL, who for the second game in a row was not only scum, but had an ability that hid his true alignment. u mad, rusticks?
6. Tracey Sketchit (Zorua -> PokeChamp)
Role: Tracey Sketchit

You are the lovable Tracey, co-head of Sketchmore Industries. You came here against your better judgment, and the nightmares are returning. Paranoia is setting in...

Ability: Night Terrors
If you are targeted by 2 or more night actions in the same night phase, you will be notified. If you choose to use this ability, you will be PMed a list of those who targeted you. You must kill one of those players.

This is one role that I am kind of disappointed never saw any use. As the player list dwindled, the odds went up, but this role suffered from inactive players. Zorua never posted much of substance, and PokeChamp posted _once_ the whole time. Way to fail, guys. I am disappoint.

I'm definitely bringing this role back for Werewolf 14, so be on the lookout for it.
7. Caroline Langford (Teal)
Role: Caroline Langford

You are May's mother Caroline. She has never stopped grieving over the loss of her son, and she has started going crazy. She is constantly tormented by nightmares and visions of her son, and the voices have given her a task - kill everyone.

Ability: Curse of Airwick
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. At the start of the next day phase, that player will be secretly infected with poison that activates upon use of a secret word. If that player has already been infected, it will have no additional effect. (You can't use this ability on night zero.)

Ability: Shambola
At any time during the night phase, you may use this ability. Anyone who has been infected by your secret poison will die. You may not use this ability on any night you use the "Curse of Airwick" ability.

Win Condition: Kill 8 players (excluding yourself) or be the last player in the game

One of my favorite roles, and Teal didn't waste any opportunities. Teapot only stopped him from targeting a player once, but Teal's explosion of death on Night 7 was definitely another key moment in the game, especially since it hilariously resulted in Teal's death, too.
8. Vivian Joy (Argetlam)
Role: Vivian Joy

You are Nurse Joy, hailing from Saffron City. You enjoy healing - it's all you know. You think Team Rocket is a bunch of meanie heads.

Ability: Bright Shield
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. If that person is targeted to be killed during that night phase, that player will not die. (You may only choose the same player every three nights.)

Not much to say here. He was the first lynch and was inactive anyway. :/ Way to go killing off the doctor, though! :D
9. Christina Joy (Blah -> Blui129)
Role: Christina Joy

You are Nurse Joy, hailing from Lilycove City. You are a double agent working for Team Aqua who was chosen for this mission due to the sheer amount of people who trust you completely.

Ability: Black Sword
Once a game during any night phase, you may PM me the name of three players other than yourself. That player will lose all of his or her abilities for the next three days and three nights. (You can't use this on night zero.)

This role went through a lot of revision before I settled on the current effect. Blah bided his time before using this ability, and unfortunately messed up when using it (which is why I stressed to the Rockets that collaboration is key). I made Blah an offer to rectify his mistake, but at a price - silence for a Day and no vote. He declined, so the error stuck.

Blah went completely unnoticed throughout the game, (as did basically every Rocket, holy geez) and I am confident that if it weren't for Teal, he never would have been lynched.
10. Matt Frakenberger (Imakuni?)
Role: Matt Frakenberger

You are Matt, a former administrator of Team Aqua. You were desperately in love with Shelly and, hearing of Team Rocket's plans for revenge, quickly signed up for this project. You will make them pay for taking your love away.

Ability: Spy
Once during each night phase, you may PM me a message of 20 words or less and the name of a player. I will send that message anonymously to that player.

Also known as The Role That Got Puff Lynched, this marks Hatman's only real good use of this ability. He only used it one other time throughout the game, and it served no real purpose. :/

I liked this idea from rb's werewolf game, so I stole it. I don't know if I'll be bringing this one back, though.
11. The Ghost of Max Langford (safariblade)
Role: The Ghost of Max Langford

You've been possessed by the ghost of May's little brother, who met an untimely end here. Being possessed does have its benefits, though.

Ability: Embargo
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be protected from kills, but will prevent the use of any night abilities. You may not target yourself with this ability.

Ability: The Benefits of Possession
If you are killed, you may still talk to players as a living player normally would, but cannot vote or use the Embargo ability.

safariblade made almost no use of his Embargo ability, which is really sad because he lived for a very long time and his protections could have been very useful for the town. His second ability never got any use because he lived to the last Day. When I saw that safariblade received this role, I was kinda happy. I heard he was a good player, so I was sorta hoping he would get killed so he could provide insight to the town even when dead.

Of course, he didn't really do much of that when he _wasn't_ dead, so...

The reason I called the game and didn't give safariblade a chance to protect is because he squandered almost every chance to do so, especially during the last few Days when he was the only protective role left and the town really needed it. That is definitely not good town play and it shows he doesn't care about bringing his team to victory, and that's not cool.
12. Cassidy Arroyo (TDL)
Role: Cassidy Arroyo

You are Cassidy. You are the self-proclaimed leader of the new Team Rocket. Your goal is to make Team Rocket a name to be feared once more, and this is a good way to start doing just that. Even though your initial plans backfired, you're determined to make the best out of a bad situation.

Ability: Fairy Godmother
If your alignment is investigated, it will return as "Sketchmore Industries."

Ability: Top Dog
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of any player. That player will be killed. You must also PM me the name of the Rocket that will perform the kill. You are welcome to discuss either of these decisions with your teammates, but the final decision is yours alone - I will only accept the factional kill from you. If you are killed, this ability will be passed on to a randomly selected Rocket.

I swear to god this was given to TDL randomly

With people clamoring pre-game for TDL's lynch on Day 1, Rusticks's Night 0 investigation result would have gone a long way to ensuring his survival. In fact, I think that if Rusticks had lived long enough to personally clear TDL based on his investigation result, that alone would have been enough to rocket Team Rocket to victory. But he didn't, and TDL got no air time out of his godfather ability.

Until he suicided, TDL played pretty well, I think.
13. Delia Ketchum (The Yoshi)
Role: Delia Ketchum

You are Ash's mom. She is determined to protect her baby. Professor Oak wants to get with you. Honestly, you'd be fine with dating an older man, but you wish he'd be a bit more subtle about it.

Ability: Mommy's Protection
If anyone targets Ash with a night ability, you will be notified and asked to allow that ability to go through (you will not be told who is targeting Ash, nor what ability he is being targeted with). If you say yes, it will. If you say no, it will be redirected to you.

This role also had a lot of potential for chaos, but it was all wasted. Ice Arceus was only targeted once throughout the entire game, and that was when the Rockets went to kill him. The Yoshi allowed the role to pass, so Ash was killed (again). Neither of them knew the other player's role was, so it's not clear to me as to whether or not this was the best decision.
14. Butch Sahagian (Chillarmy)
Role: Butch Sahagian

You are Biff Botch Butch. You recently escaped from prison and became Cassidy's second-in-command in the new Team Rocket. You get really irate when people get your name wrong, and you think those Team Aqua guys are tools. You heard through the grapevine that Officer Jenny is hunting you down, and you can only hope that isn't true.

Ability: Irate
You may use this ability once per game. PM me the name of any player who misspelled your username in a post. That player will be killed.

Ability: One Perfect Girl
Officer Jenny is looking for you... if she reveals herself to you, you will kill her.

Oh, Chillarmy, how you got trolled. Not only did this set the Rockets off to a bad start, but it made rb susceptible to lynching from the get-go. Sorry man, that is some serious bad luck you had on you. I hope you have as much fun hosting as I do. :)
15. Todd Snap (Teapot)
Role: Todd Snap

You're the famous photographer Todd Snap. You have made a rather nice living with photography, extending your line of work to include humans as well as Pokemon. As someone from far away, you aren't particularly concerned with taking sides - you just want to take pictures.

Ability: Frozen in Time
You may use this ability no more than three times per game. During any night phase, PM me to activate this ability. All other abilities will be prevented from working during that night. (Team Rocket's factional kill is exempted from this.)

Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game

Teapot laid low for the entire game and out of the final eleven he is probably one of the people who posted the least. I don't know if he realized he could win alongside the Rockets; by the time Day 9 started they were in a very good position to win it all.

It really sucks that he died on the final Night - the Rockets snatched victory for him literally at the last possible moment.
16. Samuel Oak (Cinesra)
Role: Samuel Oak

You are the renowned Pokemon researcher, Professor Samuel Oak. You're here mainly for Ash's sake, and to totally hit on his mom because youse a playa. Just because you're pushing sixty doesn't mean you can't score.

Ability: Respected
You cannot be killed during the night phase until Night 4. If someone targets you to be killed during the night phase, you will not be killed.

Ability: Oak Sense
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. I will tell you if that player has an ability that can kill another player.

One of the only town power roles left at the end of the game, Cinesra actually _did_ send me a request almost every night, if not every night. He used his ability to claim corn bread was guaranteed town, but this is not always the case (half the Rockets couldn't kill; likewise, some Sketchmore players (ex. Puff) _could_). His hunch was right in corn bread's case, but I intentionally took away kill roles from the Rockets (they originally each had one, one-shot kill whereas the leader had the nightly one) just so this role wouldn't wind up as another seer.
17. Archie Steinfeldt (Deus: Nightmare Autarch)
Role: Archie Steinfeldt

You're the leader of Team Aqua! Fortunately, you've been going under the radar for the past few years and no one here really knows who you are anymore. The disguise helps, too. You think you'd be a better leader than Cassidy, but you don't want to draw suspicion to yourself.

Ability: No Loose Ends
Twice a game during any night phase, you may PM me to activate this ability. The role PM of whoever is killed by Team Rocket's factional kill will be obscured until your death, at which point all hidden information will be revealed.

Ability: Shifty Eyes
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. At the start of the next day phase, I will tell you if any other players targeted that player during that night phase.

Win Condition: Survive longer than Cassidy does and match or exceed number of Sketchmore Industries players

DNA played a good game, and I'm kind of extremely disappointed in the town for not lynching him. DNA is obviously one of Pokebeach's better Werewolf players. Why on earth would the Rockets let him stay alive until Day 9, let alone half that long? When DNA got through Day 9 without being lynched, I knew that the town was done.

As far as the actual role is concerned, I'm very pleased with how it came out. I originally had this role obscure _all_ role PMs until his death, but decided that would heavily skew things in the Rockets' favor (they knew who they were killing). Aren't you guys glad I did it this way, too?

Also notice that his win condition specifically involved TDL's death, which ended up working out nicely. I don't know if TDL even knew.
18. Iris Felstaff (dmaster)
Role: Iris Felstaff

You are Iris. You entered a special sweepstakes to be included in the competition and won. Everyone is kind of wary of "the jungle girl", but you just want to make friends. And if all else fails, you're a practicing witch, so there's that.

Ability: Staying Out of Salem
You may perform each of the following actions once per game, during any night phase:
1. Reveal a player's role in the next day update
2. Kill a player
3. Learn a player's alignment
4. Protect a player from death

I guess in a game full of night actions, it's always going to be a disappointment when one of them dies early on. dmaster bit the dust Night 2, ironically on the first night he used one of his abilities (#3, on ESP). This role is especially disappointing to lose early just because of how versatile it is. Someone's gotta die in the beginning, though, so it's no big deal. Sorry dmaster, better luck next game :[
19. Paul Belauer (Matryoshka)
Role: Paul Belauer

You are Paul, an arrogant trainer from Sinnoh. You are in this only for the money and really don't care about anyone else here. You're tough as nails and you're determined to prove it.

Ability: Intimidating
Until Day 7, the first 2 votes to lynch you do not count.

Ability: Dark Energy
If your alignment is investigated, it will return as "Team Rocket."

Win Condition: Survive until 20 players die

If Matryoshka hadn't gone and gotten himself modkilled, he would be sitting pretty at 18 or 19 players dead at the start of Day 9. Instead, he is forever a loser. See how important it is to stay active?

This was probably the least used role in the whole game - no one ever tried to lynch Matryoshka, and the seer died Night 1 so his alignment was never investigated either. What a waste :[

I had trouble deciding on what the survive limit should be. Living longer than 20/32 players puts Paul right at the end, and if all seven Rockets had survived the game would be over before then, making it impossible for him to win.
20. Weavile (Zyflair)
Role: Weavile

You are Weavile. Ash smuggled you onto the island (thanks to a great idea by James). Even though Ash is your new master, you feel closer to May. You taught yourself the human language to avoid being killed, and became fluent in an extremely short time.

Ability: Agility
If you are the first person to vote during the day phase, it counts triple. If you unvote, your vote weight returns to normal for the rest of the day phase.

Ability: Spite
Once during each night phase, if you received five or more votes to be lynched during the previous day phase, you may PM me the name of a player who voted to lynch you during that day phase (even if they unvoted you later). That player will not be able to speak during the next day phase.

If Zyflair was ever trying to use Agility, he was doing it wrong the whole game. Only once did he vote first during the Day (and it didn't matter anyway because I think that that was a turbo-lynch Day). He fell one vote short for Spite during Day 6, which is truly a shame, because I'd been hoping all game I'd get to see Zyflair mute someone.

Oh well. He handled himself admirably despite being suspected as a Rocket and managed to avoid the lynch, living all the way to the end.
21. Platinum Berlitz (Glaceon)
Role: Platinum Berlitz

You are Platinum, a very wealthy young lady from Sinnoh. Ten million dollars is chump change to you... you are only here because you are bored. The fact that no one knows who you are makes you just a bit uncomfortable. To think that people would even suspect someone like you of a crime is unthinkable.

Ability: The Innocent Child
Once a game during any day phase, you may PM me to activate this ability. I will quote this role PM in public.

At first, Glaceon thought his role sucked. What's so great about it? Innocent Child is a bit deeper than simply showing your role to everyone. First of all--and arguably most importantly--it confirms you as town, making you essentially lynchproof (note how no one went after ESP after his role was revealed). Town isn't going to lynch you because your existence helps them win. As your role has been publicly revealed, you make a safe night kill for scum (no chance of surprises), but consider that if the scum waste their night kill on you, the town's power roles are safe for another night. Even if you die, you still win if the town wins, so dying isn't really the end of the world.

In that respect, Glaceon happened to keep his ability a secret until the very end of the game, which is the best possible usage I could ask for out of this ability. :>
22. Jennifer Stone (oyeah1988 -> Vergere -> Meaty)
Role: Jennifer Stone

You are Officer Jenny, hailing from Pewter City. You are investigating Butch's escape from prison. You got some trusted intel that told you he's here, but with everyone all mixed up, how can you find him?

Ability: Open Up, It's the Police
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. I will send the following message to that player:

"[your name here] has chosen to tell you that they are aligned with Sketchmore Industries. You may not publicly reveal this information. (If your role allows you to speak privately with one or more players, you may share this information with any or all of them. However, those players may not inform [your name here] that they have been informed of this message.)"

If you share this information with Butch, he will kill you. (You cannot use this ability on night zero.)

Win Condition: Butch is lynched
Alternate Win Condition (if Butch is killed via any other means): All threats to Sketchmore Industries eliminated

Note: If Butch is lynched, you will be pronounced a winner and removed from the game.

The main role this fulfills is called Lyncher. The whole point is to get their Lynchee lynched, or they lose. Alternate win conditions are not required, but I added it just to be nice.

Of course, Butch (Chillarmy) got murdered Night-freakin'-one, so this role devolved to someone who is confirmed town sharing that information with another player, who may or may not be town. Having Butch removed from the equation removed all risk from sharing information. UGLSKhgSLdgh:SLfgheso;gihwe49r8oui. Don't expect to see this back in WW14.
23. Daisy Bouvard (TheGuy)
Role: Daisy Bouvard

You are Daisy, one of the Sensational Sisters. The three of you have joined the competition to win money for a memorial for your baby sister, but your heart's not really in it.

You may communicate with the other Sensational Sisters freely (their identities will be sent in a separate PM).

Ability: Quitter
If you receive ten or more votes to be lynched during any day phase, you will commit suicide. This does not count as a lynch for the purposes for abilities that rely on a player being lynched.

Part 1 of the other mason group. I received questions from the other Sisters asking about speaking when TheGuy was cursed, so I imagine they talked to each other, which if true is great! :>

TheGuy was actually the only one to benefit from having his abilities removed, but he was never suspected as a lynch target and he was killed before the curse ended anyway. More bad planning by the Rockets...
24. Violet Bouvard (doublenikesocks)
Role: Violet Bouvard

You are Violet, one of the Sensational Sisters. The three of you have joined the competition to win money for a memorial for your baby sister. As the "leader", so to speak, of the group, you have tasked yourself with keeping the three of you safe so you can win together. Ironically, you are the only one who is in this competition for Misty's sake.

Ability: Truly Sensational
You cannot be lynched as long as both Daisy and Lily are alive. If you are voted to be lynched, the lynch will fail and the day phase will end as normal.

Seems kinda powerful, but still very open to night kills, so I guess it's okay. I'm not that big a fan of mason groups. I don't know if I'll include any in my next game. Or, maybe, if I do, just stick to a single group of two.
25. Lily Bouvard (sillykyle)
Role: Lily Bouvard

You are Lily, one of the Sensational Sisters. The three of you have joined the competition to win money for a memorial for your baby sister, but you've got... other plans.

Ability: Sensual Motivation
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player (excluding any of the Sensational Sisters). That player's night abilities (if any) will be powered up during that night.

Most people have _something_ that can be augmented further, so this was a neat role, especially since sillykyle had no idea who he was targeting. He targeted DNA once, but it powered up Shifty Eyes, not No Loose Ends (I'm not that mean).
26. Maxie Steinfeldt (HypnoticLuxray)
Role: Maxie Steinfeldt

You are Maxie, the former leader of the now-disbanded Team Magma. After a disaster involving legendary Pokemon nearly took your life, you have sworn off evil. You plan on using your knowledge of all things evil to help thwart Team Rocket's plans.

Ability: Scum Drain
If you are killed by Team Rocket's factional kill, all members of Team Rocket will lose all secondary night abilities. (Note: they can still perform the factional kill, and can still converse among themselves. But any _other_ abilities they may have will be nullified for the rest of the game.)

Scary ability on paper that lived far too long for it to make any sort of difference in the game's outcome. I probably won't bring this role back.
27. Lostelle Irrma (Porygon-X)
Role: Lostelle Irrma

You are Lostelle, a young girl who got lost at sea. How you wound up here is anyone's guess, but since you're here, you might as well make the most of it. As the youngest player, the others have made a pact not to harm you. It would be in your best interest to see that everyone upholds that pact.

Ability: Beloved Princess
If you die, the next day phase will be skipped.

Ability: Gossip Girl
Certain characters can learn information about other players. Once during each night phase, you may activate this ability. You will learn a piece of information learned during that night, but not who requested the information. The person who requested the information will not know you have also learned it.

Fun fact: The Gossip Girl ability wasn't added until the very end of the design phase because I wanted every person in the game to feel they were important in the way the game is played.

Porygon-X was never suspected, but Teal actually targeted him pretty early on which put the town on a clock no matter what. Teal really couldn't have timed his kill any better (or worse, depending on who you ask, I suppose).
28. Lovrina Fairchild (Riskbreakers)
Role: Lovrina Fairchild

You are Lovrina of Cipher, a criminal organization based in Orre. After hearing about that mysterious mansion on the news, you've decided to join the competition and stir up trouble. You don't even care about the money - you just want an excuse to kill people.

Ability: Cute Protection
Once during each even-numbered night phase, you may PM me the name of one of your Rocket cohorts. That player will be protected from being killed during that night phase.

Ability: Fabulous
You cannot be lynched as long as no Rockets have died. If you are voted to be lynched, the lynch will fail and the day will end as normal.

I liked the idea of a scum doctor, so I added it. It never mattered, so I might just not do it next game (or add more killing factions - now there's an idea!) Chillarmy's untimely death ruined Fabulous, which I think is quite amusing.
29. Lyra Stevens (Eevee)
Role: Lyra Stevens

You are Lyra. You used to be a regular trainer from Johto, but that didn't work out. You wish Khoury would have joined you, but you were surprisingly fine with seeing him beheaded. Still, you secretly long for freedom.

Ability: But I'm Just a Kid
If you are lynched, Team Rocket cannot make its faction's kill during that night.

As part of sending the nightly kill, I required the Rockets to tell me who would be performing the kill (due to the possibility of them killing off Nengeni at Night). When the Rockets realized they could circumvent But I'm Just a Kid by sending Eevee to do the night kill, they sent her almost every single Night afterwards.

To be honest, that was an oversight on my part, but again I will chalk it up to this being my first game.

This role exists because I felt like the scum were getting too powerful and needed some kind of way to weaken it without actually taking their abilities away. This seemed like a good way to do that, but I ended up failing.
30. Michael Todd (corn bread)
Role: Michael Todd

You are Michael from Orre. Years ago, Cipher stepped up and you took 'em down. You eradicated the Shadow Pokemon program and brought peace to Orre. Hearing of Team Rocket, you've come to make sure no more Shadow Pokemon are being made.

Ability: Investigate
Once during each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player to investigate. At the start of the next day phase, I will reveal to you the name of one of that person's abilities. (This ability, for example, is called Investigate.) You may choose the same person on consecutive nights if you wish to learn other ability names, but keep in mind that not everyone has more than one ability.

You guys don't know how well corn bread played this game. For his first game, he really did a lot better than you all gave him credit for, and I'll explain why.

corn bread treated his ability much like a seer would. Based on the ability name I returned (always the first, then second (if applicable), then third (if applicable), he would decide if the name sounded suspicious enough to warrant a second Investigation. On Night 0, he checked safariblade and learned Embargo. Night 1 he moved to DNA, and that's when he learned No Loose Ends.

He dropped a hint saying as much in this post. The use of DNA's ability name in his post is no accident. I think he was just trying too hard to keep his ability secret, and never formulated a case against DNA.

That was during Day 2, when Puff made his "brilliant observation" and Argetlam got lynched. During Night 2, who do you think corn bread Investigated?

That's right - he checked Puff. Of course, it returned Into My Own Hands, and corn bread knew at that moment that Puff wasn't a Rocket. Why? Because he remembered this post in which I used the phrase "into my own hands"--on purpose--so there would be no confusion over who had done the kill on Chillarmy. When Day 3 started and Puff was instantly voted to be lynched by Zorua, corn bread came straight to his defense because he knew Puff was innocent. He just did a bad job of convincing the town of it, even after he laid out his suspicions plain as day, but no one listened to him.

Next, there was this post in which corn bread gave up and left a message in case the Rockets realized what he knew (possibly based on learning No Loose Ends and calling DNA on it and also the soon-to-be lynch of Puff, where Into My Own Hands would be revealed) and corn bread wound up dead that Night. That didn't happen, but corn bread still had DNA pegged.

During Night 3, corn bread Investigated Cinesra (Respected). sillykyle powered him up, so he Investigated Cinesra again (Oak Sense). When Cinesra revealed that Nengeni had a killing role, corn bread wasted no time in backing Cinesra up because he knew Cinesra was town and wouldn't steer him wrong.

When DNA posted his thoughts about Nengeni _not_ being a wolf, corn bread automatically assumed DNA was a liar and was trying to protect his scum partner.

Later that Day, corn bread said this where he again cast suspicion on DNA, accusing him of scrambling Rusticks's role. DNA countered by telling the town about his other ability (Shifty Eyes), which threw everyone off DNA's scummy scent.

corn bread called him out as a liar since he hadn't yet learned about DNA's second ability, and flat out accused him of leaving "no loose ends." Of course, DNA told him to explain himself, and he couldn't really do that without revealing his role.

corn bread Investigated DNA again during Night 4, but Teapot roleblocked everyone, so it returned no results. He tried again on Night 5 and that's when he learned of DNA's second ability, but he never came forward with his investigation result, which I think is his biggest mistake. All he had to do was mention that his watcher role fit the description DNA gave as far as learning what people were targeted, leaving his no loose ends argument out the window.

Whew. Anyway, the point is that corn bread did really well for his first game. He used his role admirably and did his best to bring forth his knowledge without breaking the rules of the game. It's just impossible for you guys to have known any of that because you didn't have a behind-the-scenes look like I did. Well played, corn bread, and I hope to see you in future games.
31. Harley Rannells (Nengeni)
Role: Harley Rannells

You are May's Coordinator rival Harley. You crashed May's wedding, but you meant well. After hearing May would be in the competition, you joined so you could be near her. It fills you with rage to see what Shelly and her Pokemon did to her.

Ability: The Art of Trolling
If you are lynched, whoever is the last person to vote for your lynching will lose all their abilities for the rest of the game. If you are killed during the night, your killer will also be killed. (This includes if you are killed by Team Rocket's factional kill.)

Stupid Nengeni for finding a loophole in the role's wording. Still, his job was to troll his killer and troll he did - he stopped Teal's murderous rampage and I think that was pretty lolworthy.
32. Andrew Mishik (Rock Wrecker)
Role: Andrew Mishik

You are May's Coordinator rival Drew. You're kind of fruity, but you swear you are into women. Because raising female Pokemon totally makes you straight.

Ability: Master Coordinator
During each night phase, you may use certain abilities of the last player who was lynched. I will PM you each night and tell you what abilities you may copy, if any.

LOL KRONAR

I forgot about this ability a few Nights, oops. Not like it mattered because a lot of abilities of players who were lynched were flavor specific or kills (or both), so they were not eligible for copying.

Rock Wrecker was modkilled anyway so whatever I don't care about his role

Next, I will go over the night actions for each night. You'll see player, their action, and their target (if applicable). Anyone not on the list either had no night role or did not submit an action for the night. People who submitted "no action" will be shown (except Night 0 because that was before I asked people to do that). The Rocket kill will show (target / killer).

Night 0
Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
DNA - Shifty Eyes (TDL)
Rusticks - Shuffle and Draw 5 (TDL)
corn bread - Investigate (safariblade)
Cinesra - Oak Sense (Nengeni)
Puff - The Secrets of Team Rocket (Chillarmy)
Night 1
Rusticks - Shuffle and Draw 5 (Zyflair)
Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Teal - Curse of Airwick (Nengeni)
Blah - No Action
safariblade - No Action
oyeah - No Action
Cinesra - Oak Sense (Puff)
corn bread - Investigate (DNA)
Puff - Into My Own Hands (Chillarmy)
Puff - Secrets of Team Rocket (ESP)
ESP - No Action
Dark Void - No Action
sillykyle - No Action
Bippa - No Action
DNA - No Loose Ends
DNA - Shifty Eyes (TDL)
Imakuni? - Spy (Puff) Your secret win condition has been given to me. You must kill Argetlam and safariblade and you will win.
dmaster - No Action
Argetlam - Bright Shield (ESP)

TDL: Top Dog (Rusticks / Blah)
Night 2
Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
safariblade - Embargo (Puff)
dmaster - Staying Out of Salem #3 (ESP)
Glaceon - No Action
corn bread - Investigate (Puff)
ESP - No Action
Puff - In Loving Memory
Riskbreakers - Cute Protection (DNA)
DNA - Shifty Eyes (ESP)
Cinesra - Oak Sense (safariblade)
Dark Void - I Am NOT Useless! (ESP)
Rock Wrecker - Bright Shield (DNA)
Teal - Curse of Airwick (Porygon-X)
Teapot - No Action
sillykyle - Sensual Motivation (DNA)
Blah - No Action

TDL: Top Dog (dmaster / Eevee)
Night 3
corn bread - Investigate (Cinesra, Cinesra)
Teal - Curse of Airwick (Blah)
ESP - No Action
safariblade - Embargo (ESP)
Cinesra - Oak Sense (corn bread)
Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Blah - Black Sword (safariblade, Dark Void, TheGuy)
Meaty - Open Up, It's the Police (ESP)
DNA - Shifty Eyes (DNA)
sillykyle - Sensual Motivation (corn bread)
Teapot: No Action

TDL: Top Dog (Dark Void / Eevee)
Night 4
Note: Teapot blocked all roles this night so nothing happened

Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Teal - Curse of Airwick (Glaceon)
Meaty - Open Up, It's the Police (Nengeni)
ESP - No Action
Teapot - Frozen in Time
Imakuni? - Spy (corn bread)
Cinesra - Oak Sense (Rock Wrecker)

TDL: Top Dog (sillykyle / Imakuni?)
Night 5
Note: I allowed Rock Wrecker to copy sillykyle's ability as an apology for forgetting about his role for like 3 nights.

Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Deus: Nightmare Autarch - Shifty Eyes (corn bread, DNA)
Teal - Curse of Airwick (ESP)
ESP - No Action
Rock Wrecker - Sensual Motivation (DNA)
Meaty - Open Up, It's the Police (doublenikesocks)
Imakuni? - Spy (corn bread)
Teapot - No Action
Cinesra - Oak Sense (Rock Wrecker)
Ice Arceus - No Action

Riskbreakers - Top Dog (TheGuy / Eevee)
Night 6
Note: Teapot strikes again

Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Teapot - Frozen in Time
ESP - No Action
Teal - Shambola
DNA - Shifty Eyes (DNA)
corn bread - Investigate (Zyflair)
Riskbreakers - Cute Protection (Eevee)
Meaty - Open Up, It's the Police (DNA)
Cinesra - Oak Sense (HypnoticLuxray)

Riskbreakers - Top Dog (Ice Arceus / Eevee)
Night 7
Teapot - No Action
ESP - No Action
Porygon-X - Gossip Girl
Teal - Shambola
Cinesa - Oak Sense (HypnoticLuxray)
DNA - Shifty Eyes (DNA)
DNA - No Loose Ends

Riskbreakers: Top Dog (Meaty / Eevee)
Night 8
Note: Welp there go the power roles

Teapot - Frozen in Time
Riskbreakers - Cute Protection (DNA)

Riskbreakers - Top Dog (The Yoshi / Eevee)
Night 9
DNA - Shifty Eyes (DNA)
safariblade - No Action
Cinesra - Oak Sense (DNA)

Riskbreakers - Top Dog (Glaceon / Eevee)
Night 10
Riskbreakers - Top Dog (Teapot / Eevee)

When I have more time I will be posting voting patterns but the game ended before I could finish this.

It was pretty fun PMJ. Good job. As for my night role, the reason I didn't use it was because I literally had no idea who was who so I didn't want to protect the wrong person.
And it stinks that I never got to use my ghost role haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back