Wednesday, 10/24, DP3 and 4 News and Scans

Wailord looks awesome!!! It will be quite the task to take that down.
Sceptiles's overgrow will be amazing in combination with Leafeon Lv X
and Honchkrow decks with be dangerous with Murkow being able to use 3 different attacks for no energy

will Gardevoir be able to use both powers in one turn?

Airman829 said:
Seriously, if this is the best of the set...
The only things I've seen that are good so far are the fossil pokemon.

If thats all you see after reading the spoilers for dp4 like the eeveelutions and stuff, you REALLY have to learn how to play the game. Pachirisu is amazing, its cff is awesome but its second attack makes it useful in certain situations.

Captain Petey said:
If thats all you see after reading the spoilers for dp4 like the eeveelutions and stuff, you REALLY have to learn how to play the game. Pachirisu is amazing, its cff is awesome but its second attack makes it useful in certain situations.

Pacharisu is half decent
I'd rather play chingling to grab a mentor, then evolve it into chimecho and draw
All you can do with pacharisu is grab basics
Oh, and deal 40 damage with its attack and give your opponent a free prize in the trade off
I'll take warp point or windstorm anyday
It would seem YOU have a bit to learn my friend....

Loving Gardevoir and Gardevoir lv X, but the psychic stuff is really my friend's department. Oh yeah, Mewtwo is made of win too.

Lapras - Castaway in pokemon form, much? Love it.

All the eeveelutions are great.

Togekiss. I see very, very mean combo with Blissey MT here.

OMG to weezing.
4 weezing on bench + crobat mt = 6 damge counters in beetween turns w/o any energy. Thats just too good.

Togekiss looks nice
The eevolutions are a disappointment, and Nintendo once again continues its policy of not making a playable Delibird
Lapras looks like it could be a nice water starter
Not to shabby, not to shabby at all...

I think the eeveelutions are good, especially the two lv X
I really like the Kabutops. Stopping trainers can ruin a lot of decks

Airman829 said:
Captain Petey said:

Pacharisu is half decent
I'd rather play chingling to grab a mentor, then evolve it into chimecho and draw
All you can do with pacharisu is grab basics
Oh, and deal 40 damage with its attack and give your opponent a free prize in the trade off
I'll take warp point or windstorm anyday
It would seem YOU have a bit to learn my friend....

Both of you have a BIT to learn.

A card that caught my eye was beedrill, it's first attack is very interesting letting you do anywhere from 30-120 for 1 energy depending on how many beedrill you get out. Weedle also has CFF making Beedrill just a little bit better. I can also see sceptile being very good. Blaziken and Swampert are disappointing though. Togekiss is good but it being a stage two I don't think it will fit into any decks very well. Lapras is a great starter, no question about it. The Wailord is probably the biggest disappointment(the art work is awesome though!).
Overall not the best set IMO, the eeveelutions(mainly leafeon) and Beedrill are the only things I see that can be made into a successful deck but we'll see.

so what do the call, recover and healer energy do?
banettewilldestroyallofyou said:
A card that caught my eye was beedrill, it's first attack is very interesting letting you do anywhere from 30-120 for 1 energy depending on how many beedrill you get out. Weedle also has CFF making Beedrill just a little bit better. I can also see sceptile being very good. Blaziken and Swampert are disappointing though. Togekiss is good but it being a stage two I don't think it will fit into any decks very well. Lapras is a great starter, no question about it. The Wailord is probably the biggest disappointment(the art work is awesome though!).
Overall not the best set IMO, the eeveelutions(mainly leafeon) and Beedrill are the only things I see that can be made into a successful deck but we'll see.

gardevoir can be made into a good deck. cresselia is a good addition. there are tons of good starters in this set. i think you have sadly underestimated this set

Gardevoir is interesting but will not be a good deck by itself, it will need gallade at the very least. The lv.x will be overhyped, but is a good card. Cresselia was a card I forgot to mention, it is very good and deserves major props.
There are not tons of good starters in this set, there are two: lapras and phione. Pachirisu fails in comparison to chingling, lapras and phione. Delibird is a joke, so is mawile.
Honchkrow lv.x is probably going to be one of the worst lv.xs that they could possibly print. Even torterra lv.x and empoleon lv.x are better than honchkrow lv.x...
Slowking and primeape are two very interesting cards as well. Phione is make-a-wish Jirachi and will probably be one of the best starters in DP-on. Slowking is pidgeot but not as broken.
I'm very curious about the new special energy and the new trainers and I hope WPM posts the translations soon!

the whole point of honchkrow was to get it charged then have murkrows do the work and now with the lv x the murkrows will have lv x attacks. plus 60 damage and if you get a KO you draw a card. that is actually pretty nice. and i disagree about pachirisu. i think it is a very good starter. its much better than the first one.

I know the point of honchkrow/murkrow but how many ko's do you think you're going to get with 60 damage from a 60 HP basic? Not many. Sure the lv.x gives murkrow two more attacks but it also requires you to level up a active murkrow and in a Murkrow deck you are not supposed to put the honchkrow active. Honchkrow needed an attack that could do decent damage, the lv.x didn't give it that and now Honchkrow is truly unplayable(sadly).
Pachirisu is a heck of a lot better then the first one, but after you grab those three basics what use is it? The second is not that good unless you can ahit a cessation crystal or two with it. I'm not saying Pachirisu is bad, it's just there's three other starters that are much better.

Back