Wednesday, 10/24, DP3 and 4 News and Scans

If you looked at Lapras you may have noticed its first attack works just like castaway.

I don't get why people say Gardy lvX is too broken. Early on, you will be only killing things like basics. Late in the game, Pokemon will have to have quite low hp when things left and right are getting damaged.

Scizor is sick though Togekiss too. Looks like a set worth waiting for

IchimaruGin said:
I don't get why people say Gardy lvX is too broken. Early on, you will be only killing things like basics. Late in the game, Pokemon will have to have quite low hp when things left and right are getting damaged.
Don't you know that players can get a T2 Stage 2 evolution?? Players will evolve their pokemon AFAP so that they can attack or whatsoever, so Gardevoir LV X will come handy in this situation..

Scizor is sick though Togekiss too. Looks like a set worth waiting for

Commenting as I'm reading, and ignoring all previous posts:

I really like the Flareon's art, as well as Weedle's, they look so cute :)
Fakuda seems to have improved greatly in my eyes, his art simplified, but this makes it look more like Ken or Kouki (who's aerodactyl looks rather add, I must say).
Other remarkable art are : Porygon2, Wailord (you're so very right about that, it looks way too impressive, Wailord gets what he deserves), Tangela and Jigglypuff.

Now, about the cards.
Beedrill seems fun, it can do 120 for one energy...
Blaziken seems pretty good. (+ Unown Q and Typhlosion?
Omastar's just begging for some broken strategy.
Wailord seems like it would take forever to take out... And it can actually do semi-decent damage, which is just scary...
Pachirisu, oh, geez, only 3 basics, that's nothing...
Mewtwo is like old one, which is pretty cool, and it might be used as a tech in some decks.
Unown P + Gyarados? :p (or Primeape)
Gardy does seem way too broken, but it's a stage3, which might make it a bit harder to play, but still. Wailord decks laugh at her, though.
CFF Eevee to the extreme FTW!
Togekiss is also asking for some uber strategy.
Why do I find pory2 better than poryZ? :S

I really like the fact that there are like, 3 new fossils, now that they're no longer as broken, I can't wait to know what they do.

Here are some other nice cards:

Beedrill: Once again this one is made for insanity decks. Weedle is able to obtain basics from the deck and Beedrill is more than fast.

Leafeon: Nice attacks on both versions and a real awesome Poké-Power. The deck is fast and consistent in an insanity built.

Glaceon: Another Eevee evolution with two good versions. With the new rise of Poké-Powers and consistent decks with a decent amount of benched Pokémon this one could be fun. Also works well with Leafeon.

Omastar: He screams sniper louder than any other card out at the moment.

Kabutops: Real nice denail card with a decent attack.

Aerodactyl: He is the ideal bench-warmer in denial decks and easier to get out than Shiftry ex used to be.

Scizor: Nice card with the amount of special energies used at the moment.

Honchcrow: He is wicked in a crow insanity built. Disable their hand and disrupt their energy while Honchcrow is able to obtain the lost Murrkows from the discard.

There are several other nice cards but those caught my eyes the most. Interested in the stadiums and the other trainers in this set.

i like the phione. he has a nice attack like jirachi hl did only better. togekiss, he just kinda pwns. the krow x dissapointed me, but he still good. the lutions are IMO, better than the last set of em! and porygon 2 helps get the most out of a castaway or scott.... love the combop with phione and pgon2.... hehe.... kabutops is mean too.....wailord wont see much play, thats my guess, unless blasty can do sumthin with it. probably not though.....

~~Jon~~

How are they going to manage the fact that Aereodactyl and the other two evolve from two different Pokemon?

I don't think it's a problem. At least, after this Modified Format, it won't be. I don't think it even needs changing in Unlimited...if it says it evolves from Mysterious Fossil, use that. If not, don't.

Dude, freaken pair up Sceptile with Leafeon Lv.x. That's going to be so deadly @_@

EDIT: read the other cards. Wow, they're really bumping up the strength of cards in this new set.

1st of all garchomps card art has changed... i liked the older one better
2nd honchkrow lv X looks cool,
3rd wailord looks beastly
overveiw: nice update... i'm still looking at the cards... there are soo many =]

Honchcrow lv.x seems nice. Considering that the Murkrow would get his attacks as well <.<;;

...and what's up with Darkrai completely killing Cressalia <.<;;

I've just seen all of the new spoilers. How great is it that you could get a turn 1 Butterfree? Actually, not very. what about a Hypno + Wigglytuff combo? Just need a way of getting lots of damage on Hypno, so, Gardevoir (PK) with a Lv.X one for Teleportation. I'm not too sure what to think of Suzy's Lottery. Infernacatty decks will gain a boost from it, but, apart from that, is there any point in discarding that extra card for drawing only 1 more card? The only other thing I'm not sure on is Call Energy. It has a call effect, but if you want to do that, what's wrong with Pachirisu?
Great set though.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the ashes, WPM. I live farther north but there's no escaping the smoke and ash. =/ I've been getting headaches as well...

Anyway, can't wait to see the Secret Wonders scans. And, what's the pre-release bonus?

ok wait more for the trainer and for zapdos i hoped zapdos was better
sceptile venasaur cg supercombo hipno is also good
good power of gardevoir and gardevoir lvx
ok togekiss is very good
very good set now lests going to see how is realese in english

Merf.... I was hoping Scizor would be a bit better, seeing as he is my favorite. Bit of a let down. Oh well. I'm thinking of doing Sceptile, Leafeon, and MT Exeggutor.

Back