We didn't get Fast Ticket!/ Benefits of Going First

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor

Do you know? Fast Ticket is a Trainer-Item card that you can only play at the beginning of the game, and its effect is making you go first! If both players Play Fast Ticket, they have to play Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide who goes first.

We didn't get Fast Ticket in America yet, but Japan got it in their mini-set, Dragon Selection!

I personally find this quite disappointing, since going first certainly has its perks! There's the possibility of Donking [Especially if you're running a Donk deck, such as Ho-Oh EX "Energy Mix"] you're one step ahead on Energy Attachment, and you can even put those disruptive and evasive one-Energy moves to good use, such as Gible DRX 87's Sand Attack, or Vulpix DRX 18's Singe.

Of course, until Fast Ticket comes out, there's no way to manipulate who goes first, although I have heard that Pokemon coins have a slight slight chance of landing Heads more often...

Anyway, what do you guys think of this? Doesn't going first give you an advantage?

Fast Ticket isn't played a lot in Japan, we probably will get it, but don't expect it until the next set (which I think will be after BR)

We didn't get any of Dragon Selection in our set, so it's only natural we didn't get Fast Ticket either...

going first is tooo huge of an advantage, i wish they would change the rules up a bite so going first doesnt give a huge advantage.

Honestly I don't think Fast ticket is as good as most people think it is.But we will probably be getting it in the next set as others have already said .If not it then will be in the next set..

The thing is, having four Tickets means a ~47% chance of opening with it (IIRC, I‘ll check my calculations later). Half the time, you‘d be going first anyway, leaving you with a chance of about 73% to go first. In exchange for that, you‘re running no less than four utterly dead cards, which is enough to hold a deck back a lot.

The only use I can imagine for this is to fill out decks where you have no idea what to put in anymore, but when that happens, you‘re doing it wrong anyway.

I don't like ticket that much. TheBugManiac just explained it all.
If we are going to get it, it'll probably just be slipped into one of the upcoming sets.

You're sacrificing four slots of your deck, a lot of consistency, for going first. With this card, you go hard or go home. If you don't draw this card first turn, it just becomes a waste, really. All or none. It's not worth it. I'll take my 50-50 shot.

Well think of it this way. Would you want a 56 card deck and higher chance of going first or a 60 card deck with a 50% chance of going first?

I feel like the benefits of those extra four cards outweighs the benefits of going first, and even with 4 Fast Ticket, going first isn't gauranteed.

Raymond25962, running four Tickets is not equivalent to running a 56-card deck. You still have sixty cards in the deck, but four of them aren't functional. You can still draw them though, and they can still mess up your hand. A smaller deck would be more consistent, but the Tickets are dead weight because they stay in your deck.

Use these in donk decks (which there aren't very many of). Maybe Garbodor to get the T2 Garbo ASAP. However, its pretty bad because it wastes so much space to have a CHANCE of getting it to work. Not worth it IMO.

Just something small about Fast Ticket, and personally not worth it because there's better options, but it could be used in Empoleon to decent success as Diving Draw fodder if you fail to use it first turn.

If you were guaranteed to open with it if you ran 4, it'd be an interesting strategy. Since its not, it's just no worth it. Don't base a 15th of your deck on a 25% more chance.

TheBugManiac said:
Raymond25962, running four Tickets is not equivalent to running a 56-card deck. You still have sixty cards in the deck, but four of them aren't functional. You can still draw them though, and they can still mess up your hand. A smaller deck would be more consistent, but the Tickets are dead weight because they stay in your deck.

There you go. You're not running a 56-card deck in the slightest. You have three other junk cards that'll make you pull your hair out mid-game.

Would be 20% cooler if it was in the same format as Junk Arm, that way they're not a total waste after t1. Unfortunetly the HS block of cards will be rotated before this card.

Yeah, don't run it. You should never base anything off of luck, espicially when you put consistency and space on the line for the luck.

iisnumber12 said:
If you were guaranteed to open with it if you ran 4, it'd be an interesting strategy. Since its not, it's just no worth it. Don't base a 15th of your deck on a 25% more chance.

Agreed. What if ur opponet has one. Then this is you:angry

EmmetCHH22 said:
Agreed. What if ur opponet has one. Then this is you:angry
If your opponent has one, you still have a chance at going first, rather than letting the opponent go first.

Cool, we're getting fast ticket now. Also, I am thinking of a secret deck that abuses fast ticket perfectly, but I wouldn't put it in Zeels deck or something, you know? Bottom line with Fast Ticket is if your deck is a donk deck or needs to go first, put 4 in if you have the space.

There. Now were all getting holo fast tickets in Dragon Vault(plus salemance.) The only Decks Fast Ticket will Really work in are donk decks at least you can discard unneeded Fast Tickets with Ultra ball.

Back