XY Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Colours & Locations! Possible New wings!

Axell Starr said:
No, you won't from what I know. Your game is set to your region and whatever pattern you get is whatever pattern you get.

In addition, changing your settings AFTER you have started a save file will not change it either.

Akwila said:
Axell Starr said:
No, you won't from what I know. Your game is set to your region and whatever pattern you get is whatever pattern you get.

In addition, changing your settings AFTER you have started a save file will not change it either.

related to this

What happens if one changes their settings and then starts a new game - would the Vivillon pattern change accordingly?
It's something I've been wondering.

RE: Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Pictures And Theories

Zielo said:
Juuust saying, but I first called this way back on page 28 (Sept. 4th, to be exact) of the Rumors and Speculation thread. Whoopee, I've made my first legitimate Pokemon discovery! :p
Vivillon_zpsecc2fb4e.png

Anyway, without spoiling myself, I'm not going to look at all the pictures. But from what I understand, the Vivillon change based on the location the game is set to? And from what it sounds like, they aren't just cheesy flag patterns, which I'm really glad about.
I'd love to see what shiny Vivillon look like if there are going to be so many different forms of them... o.o And what form is the regular pink one?

It's recolored small sprites for the Pokemon. I know because my Modern Pattern Vivillon has a red wing color with yellow and blue on the top and bottom of the sprite's wings.

P.DelSlayer said:
Akwila said:

related to this

What happens if one changes their settings and then starts a new game - would the Vivillon pattern change accordingly?

If the game you are playing has NO save file yet and you change your settings before you even load the game into your DS you will have the Vivillon of that region (you can change it back later and it will not affect your wing patterns)

Case in point:

I started X version on my DS while the settings said I was from North Dakota. When I loaded my game into my DS it saved all the relevant data. (Though I'm not sure if it saves at the moment of you physically putting the game into the slot or if occurs when you save your progress ingame).

I am about to buy Y version. Before I even open the game case I am going to change my settings to Okinawa Japan. Then I will load up my Y version and save as soon as possible. Then I will change my settings back. I will forever have natural access to Monsoon Vivillon (one of the rarest wing patterns).

I'm going to set my X settings to Réunion, as you can get access to Ocean Vivillon there and since I have an EU 3DS, it means I can't change it to places in the US.

Akwila said:
P.DelSlayer said:
related to this

If the game you are playing has NO save file yet and you change your settings before you even load the game into your DS you will have the Vivillon of that region (you can change it back later and it will not affect your wing patterns)

Case in point:

I started X version on my DS while the settings said I was from North Dakota. When I loaded my game into my DS it saved all the relevant data. (Though I'm not sure if it saves at the moment of you physically putting the game into the slot or if occurs when you save your progress ingame).

I am about to buy Y version. Before I even open the game case I am going to change my settings to Okinawa Japan. Then I will load up my Y version and save as soon as possible. Then I will change my settings back. I will forever have natural access to Monsoon Vivillon (one of the rarest wing patterns).
If you have an American 3DS, we can't access many countries, like Japan. I've tried. We don't have any monsoon countries that we can access.

momoxmomo said:
Akwila said:
If you have an American 3DS, we can't access many countries, like Japan. I've tried. We don't have any monsoon countries that we can access.

Aww...I was thinking about changing my settings in my 2ds to japan for the elegant pattern when the 3rd/sequels/whatever comes out. At least I know beforehand that that won't work.

Oh I know. I was just using that as an example. I could have chosen a better 'for instance'...

Has anyone heard anything about he hidden wing patterns that were leaked a few weeks ago by that spanish hacker? I cannot for the life of me find any further info... :(

I assume there is no other information available. The leaker used hacks to encounter the new forms. This means that even the leaker can't be sure of what the official requirements are to find them.

Drohn said:
I assume there is no other information available. The leaker used hacks to encounter the new forms. This means that even the leaker can't be sure of what the official requirements are to find them.
Wait, so they are actually in the game somewhere, that we could find? Or could it be something that we won't have access until an update or event? Sorry, I don't really understand hacks.

I'm quite sure you cannot access them through regular play currently. I don't know if/how/when Nintendo will make them legitimately available.

RE: Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Pictures And Theories

Well Vivillon is a flying/bug so it might be able to learn fly...

superstarxalien169 said:
So, no known pattern for my home country (Venezuela)? Then just wait until I get the game.
I believe that Venezuela gets Archipelago (Motivo Isleno).

Hello people! My Vivillon experience was weird, I live in Argentina but my 3DS is set on USA region, BUT I still got the Savanna (which is for Brazil, Buenos Aries (Argentina), Peru and Uruguay) I think it´s weird, isn´t it? :s

superstarxalien169 said:
So, no known pattern for my home country (Venezuela)? Then just wait until I get the game.

Venezuela can get Archipelago or Jungle.

VBlackstar80 said:
Hello people! My Vivillon experience was weird, I live in Argentina but my 3DS is set on USA region, BUT I still got the Savanna (which is for Brazil, Buenos Aries (Argentina), Peru and Uruguay) I think it´s weird, isn´t it? :s
That is odd. Did you ever change the settings?

Drohn said:
VBlackstar80 said:
That is odd. Did you ever change the settings?
Actually yes, I changed the region, I feel a bit stupid because I totally forgot I set it on Buenos Aires first and then changed it -.-
So, I guess I´ve already had started the game by the time I changed it, because I read that you can only get another pattern by changing region THEN re-starting the game...

Back