XY Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Colours & Locations! Possible New wings!

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
In this thread we aim to discuss and discover where and what the different wing types of Vivillon are and how to get them. This is not a 'looking for trade' thread so please do not post that here. Instead you can post trades negotiations here!

-Pokédex entry-
X: "Vivillon with many different patterns are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat."
Y: "The patterns on this Pokémon’s wings depend on the climate and topography of its habitat. It scatters colorful scales."

-Information-
Your pattern is assigned based on your 3DS profile settings. It depends on both your country and your region. You set up your region manually. If you don't set up a region, you get the default for your country. You only can find one pattern in the wild. Changing your settings mid-game doesn't affect the pattern you get. Changing your settings works if you do it before starting a new save.

If you get a Scatterbug from another player, it will evolve into the pattern from that player. When you breed Vivillon, your region will assign the pattern regardless of its parents.

Using the Köppen climate classification map, you may be able to predict and plan trades and wing patterns however this may be difficult to accurately use.

Fun Fact: Vivillon's name is pronounced Vihv-ee-yawn. This is based on its Japanese name, Bibiyon, and its English derivative, "vivid' and the French word for butterfly "papillon" (pronounced pahp-ee-yawn).

UPDATE: Rumors are floating around that there are more Vivillon wings to be found. Please feel free to discuss but know that the reality of the situation is that information is rumor and speculation at best!

which_one_is_your_favourite__by_krocf4-d6ql9bz.png

Wing Patterns and where they are found
Country/Region list is nearly complete!​

Archipelago - South Africa, Anguilla, Dom. Republic, Guadeloupe (France), Indoesia, Jamaica, Yucatan, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia
666-a.png

Continental - Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Japan(?), Norway, Moskau (Russia), Seoul (SK),
666-c.png

Elegant - Japan (Iwate, Kyoto, Miyazaki, Tokyo), France
666-e.png

Garden - Scotland, Wales, England, Ireland, Poland, New Zealand, Tasmania,
666-g.png

High Plains - Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Washington, Chechnya (Russia), Baja California, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, El Salvador, British Columbia, Azerbaijan, Uruguay
666-h.png

Icy Snow - Finland, Finnmark (Norway), Russia (far eastern), Nunavut, Northwest Territories,
666-i.png

Jungle - Malaysia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guyana, Panama, Guyane (France), Singapore,
666-j.png

Marine - Portugal, Italy, Austria, Chile, Poland, Portugal, Bremen/Hamburg (Germany), Basse-Normandie (France), Pays de la Loire (France), Spain, Argentina
666-ma.png

Meadow - France, Catalunya (Spain), Lombardia (Italy), Braden-Wurttemberg (Germany), Austria, Switzerland,
666.png

Modern - Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, Manitoba,
666-mo.png

Monsoon - Hong Kong, India, Okinawa, Taiwan
666-mon.png

Ocean - Hawaii, Réunion (France), Caribbean
666-o.png

Polar - Canada (Saskachewa east until Labrador), Norway, New England sates of USA, Wisconsin, Alaska, Michigan, Sweden, Norway, Santa Cruz (Argentina), Magallanes (Chile),
666-p.png

River - Australia, Gauteng (South Africa), Islas Canarias (Spain),
666-r.png

Sandstorm - United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia,
666-s.png

Savanna - Brazil, Buenos Aries (Argentina), Peru, Uruguay
666-sa.png

Sun - Mexico, Norther Territory (Australia), Belize, Guatemala,
666-su.png

Tundra - Yukon, Hokkaido, Norway
666-t.png

RE: Vivillon Secret of the wings! Pics, speculation and theories

http://imgur.com/a/0Qt5N

The thread title sounds like a really good name for a movie or book....

So, not only does it change patterns where you live, it's also determined by the climate.

Red/Orange Vivillon for the West, anyone?

The title isn't my own inspiration, so far as I can tell, it's a fan made term.

Well, from what I can tell:

Meadow = Between Continental and Marine?
Polar = Cold climate
Garden = You live near some fields
Marine = If you live along a coastline (I don't know why Austria is included, because it's land-locked)
Continental = If you live quite far in-land and on a Continent
Tundra = Very cold climate (Arctic circle?). May also mean there's a snowstorm
Modern = You live in a modern city?
Sun = Somewhere very hot
Icy Snow = Where it's snowing. May mean you live up a Mountain
Blue with white stripes (Festival?) = Somewhere where there's festivals
Elegant = ???
Squall = You're a Final Fantasy fan
Sandstorm = Somewhere where there's a Sandstorm. It could mean you live in/near a desert

If you trade, will they change pattern or stay the same?

98Greener said:

Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings, a Disney Film.

On topic, I like it, I really do. BUT, and this is a big deal for me: Why can't I breed Vivillon's of different wing types with the wing type carrying over? I want to collect all the wing types, and I would like to have some cool ones with my OT tag on them.

Chaos James said:
98Greener said:

Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings, a Disney Film.

On topic, I like it, I really do. BUT, and this is a big deal for me: Why can't I breed Vivillon's of different wing types with the wing type carrying over? I want to collect all the wing types, and I would like to have some cool ones with my OT tag on them.

Same here. BUT I don't mind the added difficulty and incentive to trade. Who knows. After the official reveal, maybe I will have a mod move this thread to the trading section so people can coordinate. But not until then. For now this is just rumors, theories and pictures. Please don't advertise trades yet.

Kron said:
If you trade, will they change pattern or stay the same?
I would imagine that it would stay the same. This would encourage collectors to trade with as many people as possible.

RE: Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Pictures And Theories

Love the pattern system. It makes an otherwise boring Pokemon interesting. In fact, I actually want it on my team now.

Is there actually any confirmation that the patterns are based on where the player is, or is this just speculation based on what could be dismissed as coincidence? I mean, if 15-20 people all from one area had the same pattern, then I would buy the region-based theory, but only one or two per area could be coincidence.
Also, couldn't one just change the location settings on his/her DS to get all of the forms?

I wonder what pattern the North West(US) will get? So far my favorite is the Eloquent pattern Vivillon.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I wonder what pattern the North West(US) will get? So far my favorite is the Eloquent pattern Vivillon.

If it is red, white, and blue, I will hate the U.S. pattern. We just had Braviary as the U.S. mascot, we don't need Vivillon, too. I'd love it if the pattern in some way reflected the geography of the U.S. with blue on the wings' tips and soft green towards the center.

Wonder what the pattern is for where I live (Australia), I hope its not ugly :D

Spartansn1p3r said:
Wonder what the pattern is for where I live (Australia), I hope its not ugly :D

We probably got some ugly giant spider/possum pattern.

I like this, it encourages trading, collecting... And just all round PRETTINESS.

South Australia, Australia is River Pattern (2/3 Gold with lower 1/3 be aqua).
That's all I know for Australia, mate.

Jade said:
South Australia, Australia is River Pattern (2/3 Gold with lower 1/3 be aqua).
That's all I know for Australia, mate.

Do you have a pic of it?

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381488229342.jpg

Thread still active atm so get it fast.

Attachments

• 1381488229342.jpg
    1381488229342.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 16

Looks like a mix of Sandstorm and Marine. Does this mean there are different mixes of Vivillon?

Anyway, I think River pattern means you live near a River in a Desert.

That's what Adelaide SA seems to suit more due to Murray-Darling Rivers.

I love the snow one. If America gets red, white, and blue, I'm going to be so upset.

Back