Virizion EX / Genesect EX

Fire Match-ups are very hard without Abomasnow and Yveltal is really hard without Raichu. I am stuck in between what to play. I've lost most of my fire match up without Abomasnow, even with Plasma Frigate. And Yveltal is very difficult in general. What do we do?

Cephalotripsy said:
Fire Match-ups are Very hard without Abomasnow and Yveltal is really hard without Raichu. I am stuck in between what to play. I've lost most of my fire match up without Abomasnow, even with Plasma Frigate. And Yveltal is very difficult in general. What do we do?

I guess the best way of dealing with yveltal is keeping your energy low, keeping the tool off garbodor so they cant use he lasers, and use cheap attacks and g-booster. You could run sigyliph and blend energy for fire match up, or maybe some other kinda random attacker to help that has some sinergy, like palkia ex or whatever else you can power up fast and that hits hard, while keeping consistency as high as possible.

Yveltal isnt a hard match up without Raichu. Just play smart and it wont be too bad. I usually win vs Yveltal with VirGen with Roserade and Abomasnow. I found that playing aggressive early on seems to work. Focus down the energy and its not too bad. Red Signal out the trubbish if there isnt anything too threatening. Turn 2 Muscle band Emerald slash takes out Sableyes or does just enough damage to allow Genesect to knock it out Yveltals with Megalo Cannon. Darkrai is the only annoying factor of that deck, having 180 HP.

I found with Raichu, that match is just laughable. You can knock the rest of the pokemon out pretty easily with Genesect. The moment they try to respond with Yveltal, Raichu comes out and its over.

Ivy_Profen said:
Yveltal isnt a hard match up without Raichu. Just play smart and it wont be too bad. I usually win vs Yveltal with VirGen with Roserade and Abomasnow. I found that playing aggressive early on seems to work. Focus down the energy and its not too bad. Red Signal out the trubbish if there isnt anything too threatening. Turn 2 Muscle band Emerald slash takes out Sableyes or does just enough damage to allow Genesect to knock it out Yveltals with Megalo Cannon. Darkrai is the only annoying factor of that deck, having 180 HP.

I found with Raichu, that match is just laughable. You can knock the rest of the pokemon out pretty easily with Genesect. The moment they try to respond with Yveltal, Raichu comes out and its over.

You could add Deoxys EX to get that extra 10 damage, andwith 2 of them you could knock out mega evos.

I personally am a Yveltal/ Darkrai/ garbador player and the match up with vir gen decks is a very tough match up that i have lost and won. Even if they tech in raichu I have darkrai, and absol that can deal with the lightning weakness. I would not say vir/ gen decks beat yveltal garbador decks every time but they can get there win's. I myself try to get rid of the pikachu's as soon as i see them come out as well because raichu is a good card that many people are playing.

Back