VileGar [ Gengar / Spiritomb / Vileplume ]

RE: SF-Gar [ Gengar / Spiritomb / Vileplume ]

dialga g only has a chance to stop the lock when played in a deck that's actually focused on dialga (dialgachomp), as a tech it's useless because they just level it down unless you have a power spray, and even then you've used most of your resources to get the dialga X in play so you won't have your main attackers out.

3-1 is actually better overall. You should never try 2-2, even for anti-Gengar. 3-2 would be okay, though...

~L_X_F

You wish you could play 3-2 in a deck. :p In all honesty, 3-1 is fine for Gengar. You can sacrifice a Dialga to Fainting Spell instead of your Lv.X which will help you out more in the long run.

dmaster out.

Besides, if you think about it you only really need to break the lock for a turn in the match up.
Poltergeist is weakened extremely bad when you get all the Energy Gain and Poke Turn out of your hand and onto the field.

Sure it doesn't mean you're going to win right off the bat, but it prolongs the match-up for a little bit while you recover and set-up.

1 Gengar Lv. X
3 Gengar (SF)
4 Haunter
4 Gastly
3 Uxie
1 Uxie Lv. X
1 Azelf
2 Oddish
2 Gloom
2 Vileplume
4 Spiritomb
2 Unown Q

3 Broken Time Space

3 Collector
2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
3 Bebe's
4 Looker's
1 Palmer's
2 Copycat
1 Professor Oak's New Theory

6 Psychic
4 Call
2 Warp

This deck has been doing very well for me. I would not say that it's perfect, but there is very little room for improvement. Just throwing this out there for anyone who is looking for a well tested version of this deck.

That looks just about perfect. 3 Call and 7 {p} is better.

Thanks! There are some games where I feel a little light on energy, but most of the time it flows really well. I am gonna try and get the 7th Psy back in just for the sake of consistency.

Ya. SP was big here, but Vileplume has been killing it. I'm running Dialgachomp I think .

Well regice is a good counter for vilegar you can discard two trainer cards with regice i know they can shadow room regice but that would take two turns and you can seeker regice back to your hand.

Certain techs like Regice only work in certain decks. Gyarados would work in that sense, but that would not totally win the matchup in Gyarados's favor either.

dmaster out.

I would say
-3 lookers
+3 copycat
-1 psychich energy
-1 warp energy
+2 twins
-4 Haunter sf
+4 Haunter TR
-3 call energy
+3 rescue energy
-1 gengar sf
+1 gengar prime

{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}
if you're running an sp deck, just tech in a line of 1-1-1 glaceon lv x.

this stops uxie, gengar lv x's anti dgx, and also provides an evolution to beat machamp sf. As well as stops machamp prime's poké power that makes donpan machamp prime work so well together. Granted you won't be able to lock poké powers and poké bodies @ the same time unfortunately but just play ssu to bring dialga g back into your hand or glaceon back into your hand depending on what is needed that turn.

gengar lv x is one of the reasons glaceon x is my main attacker in my giratina x deck. That and it combos well with ice bind. Removing their hand and stopping uxie while stopping gengar's poké powers is good in my book. Plus it also stops unknown from being used as a tool. Hope to see you @ the queen mary in march ;)

I disagree with your post, carlitosbob. How are you supposed to keep Glaceon Lv.X's Poke Body and Dialga G Lv.X's Body in play at the same time? Suppose Dialga G was Active. You Level and play all of your Trainers. Then, you setup Glaceon. If you Poke Turn Dialga G, then you get Trainer locked again. That means the only thing Glaceon could do would be lock Poke Powers. Glaceon Lv.X mostly likely won't be a problem to Uxie's considering that if you're running a 1-1-1 line if it, Uxie/Azelf would've been played much earlier in the game. Same goes to Unown Q.

Lastly, unless the deck is Palkia lock, you'd have to tech a new type of Energy into your deck. Most SP decks can't afford another type of Energy (aside from their usual Lightning, Metal, Psychic, DCE, Call, Fire), so Glaceon isn't the greatest Machamp counter either. Besides, Machamp and Gengar could simply KO Glaceon, since Ice Bind doesn't help cover any damage Gengar and Machamp do anyways.

I did say you would have to choose between one or the other at a time. Like using your trainers then poké turn the dialga g. Every vilegar deck I have gone up against (4 out of every 5 in my area) have small hands, which is why they need uxie in the first place. Use cyrus's initiative to further lessen their hand. I think it's the rising rivals glaceon that has ice bind. 50 damage for 1 water and 2 colorless. Also reduces damage done by attacks by 10. Then the opponent has to discard a card from their hand or they're paralyzed.

it'll make them burn throug their hand and warp energies as well.

How does Vilegar get past Umbreon UD since it's attack Moonlight Fang prevents all damage to umbreon from your opponents pokemon with poke-powers or poke-bodies and since basically everything in Vilegar you use to attack with has a poke-body or poke power?

Snipe around it with Shadow Room and get lucky with Fainting Spell? Sounds like every match with Vilegar! lol

dmaster out.

Back