• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

updated mewtwo deck

smiland0711

lover of pokemon
pokemon:
4- celebi
3- mewtwo EX
2- Shaymin EX
2-smeargle
T/S/S:
3 pokemon collector
4 pont
2 juniper
4 eviolite
3 Skyarrow Bridge
3 sage's training
4 junk arm
3 catcher
4 switch
3 dual ball
2 cheren

energy:
10 grass
4 DCE

strategy is to start with anything but mewtwo ant then power up mewtwo then kill all pokemon

-1 mewtwo
+1 celebi
you are only allowed to lose 3 mewtwos before you lose so you can take one out, also an extra celebi will increase your chances to start with one.

also cheren and Cilan are lame. replace them for sages training.

this is soppos to be a fast deck, so id also consider taking twins out.

also think you dont need 3 Skyarrow Bridge, so you can take one of those out.

JayKam said:
-1 mewtwo
+1 celebi
you are only allowed to lose 3 mewtwos before you lose so you can take one out, also an extra celebi will increase your chances to start with one.

also cheren and Cilan are lame. replace them for sages training.

this is soppos to be a fast deck, so id also consider taking twins out.

also think you don't need 3 Skyarrow Bridge, so you can take one of those out.

i do think i need more celebi but they are targeted so if they get ahead i can play twins
and sages discards things

well twins only helps in decks that need setup, wont help much in such a basic basics deck.

not really worth play testing vs. old decks. you would have to wait till new set comes out or make a couple potential competitive deck that could rise when ND comes out.

And thats why you should wait till Next Destinies is released before you do your testing on a Post-Next Destinies meta; because Mewtwo EX is the only card from the set that everyone knows about, and everyone wants to be playing, so any results you get are skewed. Decks in a Post-ND format won't just add Mewtwo EX and call it a day, they'll also use things like Heavy/Level/Ultra Ball or Random Reciever, Skyarrow Bridge or Pokemon Center, Cilan or Prism Energy. Decks will be teched and changed to approach the meta better post release, so the results you're getting now aren't indicative of how this deck will perform.

i know that. i told them to use any and all cards they wanted to from Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard. also to use any cards from the theme decks

But did they know what are the cards from Psycho Drive, Hail Blizzard and the Zekrom/Reshiram EX Battle Strength decks? Or did they know what Mewtwo does, and have a vague idea about what the other EXs do?

i showed them what they could use. and this weekend i am hosting a fun turny and the entry's can use anything from japan put dark rush

That doesn't mean they will use it. How good were these players? Did they understand meta? It doesn't matter if you show people cards, you will still get skewed results. Just accept that and move on.

Alright everyone, things don't need to get uglier.

Also, smiland0711, the idea to posting a decklist here is to accept advice from other members. While it's okay to deny some advice that you disagree with, and although you haven't been denying any advice at all, I just thought I would remind you about that. No worries, though :]

I've tested this and Terrakion is really helpful against MEZ. Plus you can put in Prism energies and Celebi an Energy to Terrakion so you can drop it from nowhere. 2 Shaymin UL also helps, but makes you starts a little bit slower

i agree with terrakion but is slowes you down to much and i have put in 2 Prism energies an i does help

you might have a problem with low hp basics :/ celebi only has 60 and shay's got 70 so they're catcher bait.... maybe you could change up the T/S/S line a bit and throw in Vileplume? I know it will slow you down a bit but locking out trainers is amazing if you can pull it off and throw's mewtwo at an advantage :3 also terrakion is very nice for revenge killing and works wonders on EelZone, one of mewtwo's weaknesses

The Pikachu Mafia said:
you might have a problem with low hp basics :/ celebi only has 60 and shay's got 70 so they're catcher bait.... maybe you could change up the T/S/S line a bit and throw in Vileplume? I know it will slow you down a bit but locking out trainers is amazing if you can pull it off and throw's mewtwo at an advantage :3 also terrakion is very nice for revenge killing and works wonders on EelZone, one of mewtwo's weaknesses

Shaymin EX has 110HP

Back