Pokemon "Unpopular" Pokémon You Like?

Shadosharpedo

Water-Type Advocate
I really liked Scrafty. Everyone I know around my area sites gen 5 as the worst, with Trubbish, Garboder, and Scrafty as the worst of the bunch. I can understand the first two, though I disagree with it, but why the Scrafty hate? A Scrafty I had on my team killed pretty much everything.

GarbodorLover

Check out my art thread, "Abstract Pokémon Art"!
Reshiwott said:
Garbodor is possibly one of the most adorable things out there. <3
(My girlfriend's safari also has Garbodor so that's nice, lol)
NameBlank said:
I think the design of Garbodor is good. Not the best, but certainly not the worst...
Omega Soul said:
Garbodor and Trubbish. Just... why do people hate them?
bacon said:
And yeah, Garbodor is one of my favourites. How is a trashbag anti-Totoro "unoriginal" (to quote the masses)?
TrainerSivan said:
I happen to love the Trubbish line because I love the concept of mutant Pokemon. I also like the Vanelite line because they are so silly and adorable. I don't know why people hate them so much. I've never been particularly fond of the inanimate object Pokemon but those two stole my heart.
Magikarp said:
Trubbish is a good choice, they're very endearing.
Zygarde said:
Garbodor and Trubbish are my favorite gen V designs. Their link to the Muk and Weezing lines blowed me out when I discovered it.
SuperDuper said:
I actually kind of like Garbodor. After I saw the episode where Roxie used it in the anime it kind of grew on me a bit. It has cool stretchy arms it can slap people with.

Wait... I'm not the only one who likes Trubbish and Garbodor?! AWESOME!!!

Cecaelia Girlie

Aspiring Trainer
A lot of people saw Audino as nothing but EXP machines, but I loved those things and had one on both of my Pokemon Black playthroughs. I like Audino for the same reason I like Normal Types in general: They're cute, decent enough to be used in the main game, have a good movepool, and you can pretty much chuck 'em out to battle every time you don't have a better Pokemon to use. These reasons also apply to Dunsparce.

I love Pichu, and it used to be my absolute favorite Pokemon. I mained it in Melee (Super Smash Bros Melee is probably how I found out about Pichu in the first place), watched all the little specials and movies that had a pichu in it, and I got a Pichu plushy for my 8th birthday that I named Sparky.

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here
I honestly really like Grimer and Muk. I guess it's because it looks sorta neat, and it also has a nice movepool. I've never actually gotten around to using one, though. Butterfree also has a special place in my heart because look at it, it's so adorable
I also really like the Anorith line, Articuno, the Yanma line, the Tynamo line... I could probably go on for much, much, longer.

SylveonsAndEspurrs

Puhuhuhu!
I actually really love Zubats; but then again, I just love bats. The same thing goes with Zigzagoon and raccoons.
Alongside that is Muk; it's my second favorite poison type and I cant really put my finger one why exactly I like that pile of sludge.
Hypno is in the same boat, but I actually got interested in that Pokemon from "Hypno's Lullaby"

Missingno. Master

Aspiring Trainer
Poison-types in general. Specifically, there's Weezing, Arbok, Victreebel, Trubbish, Garbodor, and Qwilfish. As far as non-Poison-types go, there's Dunsparce, Basculin, Carnivine, and the Klink and Tepig lines, just off the top of my head. Trubbish in particular, I believe it to be the cutest Pokémon ever to exist, and Garbodor is one of the most awesome. And Weezing is my favorite Pokémon, period.

I actually don't dislike any Pokémon, really. Well, any species of Pokémon- there is one Pokémon I hate, but it's a specific specimen I dislike, as opposed to the species as a whole; the Miltank of Death. I think we all know which Miltank I'm talking about here.

Jaxsin

Aspiring Trainer
My 3 all time favorite Pokemon are Jumpluff, Sudowoodo and Lickilicky. Not exactly mascot material to most casual Pokemon enthusiasts haha

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Not sure if they are exactly unpopular but I love Plusle and Minun and like Dedenne despite them all being Pika-clones.

The Shining Mew

A Mew that shines
Hi peeps!

Mightyena is my honorary sixth favorite Pokémon. I know a lot of people just hate it because it's kind of meh, but it is awesome non-competitively. It's a fun revenge killer and stat-lowerer. (Look how cute it is in my signature x3)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Back when there were only 151 Pokemon, I decided I needed a favorite. Any Pokemon that was seen as cool or gnarly like Scyther or any legendary Pokemon or Tauros was instantly disqualified cause I didn't wanna be like everyone else. So I looked at this big poster that had all the Pokemon and I picked the hugest loser out of them all, and decided he would be my favorite:

12cf89bf79d32933ea8d422195301e3b.jpg

:>

While he no longer sits at the top of my favorite Pokemon list (he sits comfortably at #2), he will always be one of my top Pokemon.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Rotom.
Why don't people want a lawnmower Pokémon? Its a lawnmower. Possessed by a ghost. Braindead.
Then he can turn into a fridge to store the spectral innards of your nemeses.

[Honorable mention to Smeargle, as only this weekend after YEARS of searching in my area have I finally found the two kid figures... and nothing else... at an anime convention.]

Temporal-Shadow

Aspiring Trainer
Absolute favorites out of the more obscure or underrated Pokemon for me are Cresselia, Garbodor, Darkrai, Dunsparce, Smeargle, the Klink evolutionary line, and basically the rest of the Dark-types and Poison-types. I'm not really sure if Cresselia/Darkrai is really as obscure as it seems, or its just forgotten about, but since I like the connections between it and Darkrai as well as its symbolism of the moon/dreams and Darkrai for the night/nightmares, they are fascinating. Any and all Dark-types and Poison-types have also seemed not readily accepted, not sure why for this either. I think maybe it has to do with their technical natures (referring to their overall inability to be used competitively), but I don't know to much about that stuff. Just think they look cool.

Kiriful

Minun Petter
Gyarados and Charizard, their popularity is rock bottom low. LOL, joking.

Swadloon is super cute, as well as Pachirisu and Minun. I'm a sucker for cute Pokémon. Also, Cubchoo!