Pokemon "Unpopular" Pokémon You Like?

Netherwing

Why do I sentence up my messes?
There are a couple of threads around here where people discuss their least favourite Pokémon or design, and as someone who honestly likes the vast majority of Pokémon, I get a little upset when one of my favourites is mentioned.

So my question is: Do you like any Pokémon that receives a lot of hate, or is liked by almost no one else?

Note: Please remember to explain why you like an "unpopular" Pokemon, and refrain from only listing Pokemon (such posts will be removed). Additionally, feel free to discuss why you do not think certain Pokemon are "unpopular."
-Mistryss Nite

We're talking Pokémon in particular, so the most prevalent Pokémon I can think of is Mega Heracross. Most people hate it cause of its weird nose, but that's actually part of the horn of a Hercules Beetle. That design and it's jaw-dropping base Attack are just a couple of reasons why I love it.

RE: Do you like any unpopular Pokémon?

I just love Drapion's design. I love him so much because I love scorpions, the color purple and how creative they got with the design.

Garbodor and Trubbish are my favorite gen V designs. Their link to the Muk and Weezing lines blowed me out when I discovered it.

Vanillite and its line are some of my favorite pokemon. They get so much hate for looking like ice cream, but it's actually a cool design concept.
Vanilluxe in particular is awesome. Being a double scoop, a second head was a natural addition. That and it can send blizzards flying out of its "straw."

I hear a lot of hate for Rhyperior, but I think it looks kinda cool. It's sorta fat, and it is pretty different from Rhydon, but I don't think it's that bad. People talk about the arms being weird, but the elbows don't bother me.

I actually kind of like Garbodor. After I saw the episode where Roxie used it in the anime it kind of grew on me a bit. It has cool stretchy arms it can slap people with.

Everyone also seems to hate Tangrowth, but I actually really like it. It kind of looks like a shaggy, viney caveman, but I don't mind. It also has the stretchy arms like Garbodor.

I also like Klinklang. Sure it's kind of like Magnemite's line and it goes with the "just add more" idea, but it looks pretty nice in action. When you see one in full motion in the new 3D graphics it looks pretty great with it's moving parts. I just never really had a problem with its line like a lot of people seemed to.

Hmmm...

Lets see, I don't exactly keep up with what is popular and what isn't so I'm gonna go by my school's.

Drifloon - Everyone in my school dislikes this Pokemon in every way and I have no idea why. (I absolutely love balloons)

Raticate - I always remember this being the first Pokemon I got through a trade and after that I liked it. (Probably because I used it the rest of the game and no one else.)

Meganium.

This thing always gets shoved to the very bottom of the pile with gen.2 starters, but aesthetically it's one of my favorites.

some others that have been mentioned:
-Vanillite line
-Trubbish/Garbodor
-Rhyperior

I'm mainly a Grass-type trainer so if there are unpopular Grass Pokémon, I'm here to give them a little love.
I'm not sure if Victreebel is unpopular but its family is one of my favorites. Carnivine is another example; I really like Pokémon based on carnivore plants. Their presence in the anime as James' Pokémon helped improve my liking towards them.

-Klink line - I just like their design. Many people hate metallic inanimate Pokemon, but I like all inanimate designs so far
-Vanilite line - It's living ice cream. I don't know why people don't like it
-Reshiram - 99% of people seem to like Zekrom more than Reshiram, but I disagree! Reshiram looks like a cool looking god Pokemon.
-Magnemite line - See klink line
-Litwick line - see klink line
-Klefki - I just looooove using this guy to troll the Kalos Leauge Gym Leaders. ParaSwagger then Sub + Foul Play FTW

I like Klefki! I really don't see why it gets so much flak for being a key ring Pokémon. Same thing goes for all the other inorganic Pokémon. People always complain about how we have the Vanillite line and Trubbish line because they're "just ice cream and trash bags" but what about stuff like the Magnemite (all just magnets with eyes) line or Grimer (pile of sludge that evolves into bigger pile of sludge) line? We've always had stuff like that, and I've always loved them!

I don't want to repeat things already said (for the sake of originality), but I get flak for having Claydol in my top 3. (My top 100 list is in my bio.)

Zygarde is also the only Gen 6 Pokemon I truly like; everyone else can just go leave.

Also, anyone who says Klink and Magnemite lines are poorly designed is a liar and I will be happy to prove them wrong any day.

I've always been a fan of the Roggenrola line, even though a lot of people find their designs unoriginal and boring. Sure, they are a little bit plain, but their simplicity is what I like best about them. The whole jagged stalagmite thing really does it for me.

A reminder to everyone that you must give some sort of reason over why you like a specific Pokemon/line. Simple names or lists will be removed. I'm giving some time to those who have made such posts to edit them.

gamefreak33797 said:
Drifloon - Everyone in my school dislikes this Pokemon in every way and I have no idea why. (I absolutely love balloons)

Same here! Balloons are awesome. Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff have been among my favorite Pokemon since I started playing with Crystal.

I've heard a lot of people dislike Braixen and Delphox, but I love 'em ... but I think foxes are awesome, too, so there you go.

I think I like the Vanillite and Trubbish lines more than most people, but I'm not sure if I'd say I LIKE them.

I do kind of like Klefki, mainly for its Pokedex entry that says it frightens off invaders by jingling its keys at them. For some reason, I found that utterly hilarious.

I love every Pokemon from Generation V, they've gotten a lot of hate but Gen V has my most favorite Pokemon. Another one that I like is the Chespin line which gets overshadowed by Fennekin and Froakie. I really like it's final evolution as it reminds me of Bowser. Another one I'll talk about might not be too unpopular but Arceus seems to be overshadowed by Mewtwo mostly because of nostalgia or something. I actually like Arceus because it's more powerful not counting Mewtwos mega evolutions, and I really like Judgement which can change type depending what plate Arceus is holding.

Apparently Slurpuff has been ranked by other sites as one if the worst new Pokemon this gen, but I have a shiny one as a main member of my team XD ever since I got its shiny form I have loved it and its regular form!! I don't know what about it exactly but it just so adorable and pretty versatile in my opinion :D it's become on of my favorite Pokemon this generation :p

I do too love Slurpuff! That face and the body shape is just too much, and seeing that it is getting just a smidgen of competitive play is awesome, I haven't seen the shiny version of Slurpuff though :/

Klefki. Everybody I talk to hates on him. I use him on Pokemon Showdown and like a third of the people end up cussing me out. I talk to my friends and I just say "IDK I realllly like Klefki" and they're just like, "He's terrible have you seen his stats"

Klefki for Life.

and they're just like, "He's terrible
picard-facepalm.jpg

Klefki is almost too good. It's like Sableye with better defensive typing.

Back