Pokemon "Unpopular" Pokémon You Like?

At first I hated Dugtrio. it's just three Diglett in the same hole! Most multi-head pokemon make sense: 3 Magnemite because of magnetism, 2 Vanillish because of double-scoop ice cream, and 4 gears on Klinklang because more gears create a more complex object. However, I couldn't make any sense out of Dugtrio. Do moles share a dwelling underground? However, as with every Pokemon, Dugtrio has an origin defining why it was created. But the origin does not involve moles, it involves rats! Naked mole rats, that is. Naked mole rats will often climb on each other to get out of deep holes. That explains why each Diglett is a different height. The shortest on is on the bottom, and the tallest one is on the top!

Pokemon origin stories: making the most silly designs seem like a stroke of genius.

Last edited:
Garbodor is possibly one of the most adorable things out there. <3
(My girlfriend's safari also has Garbodor so that's nice, lol)

RE: Do you like any unpopular Pokémon?

Keeper of Night said:
Vanillite and it's line are some of my favorite pokemon. They get so much hate for looking like ice cream, but it's actually a cool design concept.
Vanilluxe in particular is awesome. Being a double scoop, a second head was a natural addition. That and it can send blizzards flying out of its "straw."

This is an old post but I'm seconding it because the whole concept of "Ice Cream, I choose you!" and then watching it slay dragons is just...too awesome for words. It's one of the most bizarre pokemon concepts, but I think that's what made me love it in the end. It's just crazy but really effective and it kind of grows on you after you've had one for a while.

Who can really hate ice cream, right?

I like a lot of middle evolutions, as I find a lot Pokémon tend to get worse when they're fully evolved, like Venusaur.

I like Monferno, Pidgeotto, Pidove, Raichu and Leafeon.

Blob55 said:
I like a lot of middle evolutions, as I find a lot Pokémon tend to get worse when they're fully evolved, like Venusaur.
Yeah, I agree. Venusaur is pretty ugly imo. It's fat and has warts.

I actually really like the Zubat line. I hatched a shiny Zubat in my first run of X&Y and it's now level 100 Crobat and sitting in my Pokebank. I can understand the hate it gets for always attacking trainers but it's a really good Pokemon. Shiny Crobat is also really cute as well.

Cinesra said:
Blob55 said:
Yeah, I agree. Venusaur is pretty ugly imo. It's fat and has warts.

It's a reptile
Of course it has warts lol

But yea, it is ugly

I don't know if he's still unpopular, but Diggersby has been my man lately. I'm entertained when I use Return and he slaps someone with one of those huge ears, and Huge Power ... well, yeah, Huge Power. :)

I began to like Qwilfish after using it in a water monotype run in Heart Gold. Toxic Spikes and Spikes were so fun and IIRC it took out more than one E4 member out singlehandedly.

Marcargo is love, marcargo is life
Seriously, it's a fraking lava snail.

I also began to like the joltik line as joltik is cute :3

I always like venomoth. I liked its design and it evolves from a cute venonat into a boss venomoth. I've used it many times before.

Rsklenar14 said:
I always like venomoth. I liked its design and it evolves from a cute venonat into a boss venomoth. I've used it many times before.
But surely Venomoth is the most popular Pokémon? I mean, it won the totally official write-in vote for PokéBeach's favourite Pokémon, and there's no way I was the only one sending write-in votes when there wasn't any mention of them being allowed anywhere in the rules.

Anyhow, I guess I haven't responded to this thread, probably because I only like very popular Pokémon. My favourite type is of course bug, but whose isn't? And my list of favourite Pokémon includes such ubiquitous classics as Venomoth (<3), Parasect, Hypno, Wigglytuff, Electrode, Weepinbell and Seaking. But those top pretty much everyone's list, so really I shouldn't be in this thread at all.

I love to use Shedinja but some do not like to use it because of its crappy stats but the most out standing feature is its attack which is somewhat comparable to many legendary pokemon. it also gets much hate because of it's 1 hp and its wonder guard does very little for it since its types are very vulnerable, a simple solution is a focus band which may allow it to live from instant death.

I love Dunsparce from the moment I saw it in Silver, and I'm also in the bandwagon for magcargo. Thanks to the TCG Garbodor is a Pokémon I know happen to like A lot as well

Garbodor and Trubbish. Just... why do people hate them?

and Delibird.. just sort of the novelty of a christmas pokemon.

I don't know if I posted about this yet but I really am in love with Maractus, I feel like people should give it a chance. It's adorable, it dances and it's happy allllll the time. Plus it's a cactus. Come on guys.

I really enjoy Gastrodon too, all of my friends think it's absolutely disgusting but I think it's adorable.

I also have a thing for Cherrim and Mothim.. They're just so cute. I wish Cherrim had an item it could hold that'd keep it in its sunlight form.

Back