'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
With a memory energy attached, and if evolved from a kitten with caturday, does this mean that incineroar gx can use all of its attacks for a memory energy if Persian is in play. It would be a pokemon with a caturday attack in that scenario.
The Pokemon has to have the attack caturday on it so it wouldn't work

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Definitely not the level of Team Up's promos, but they look like they'll be fun to play with at least!

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Oh my god. Stop whining about The playability. Just take some time to admire the art that people actually spent time on other then some moves that they threw on. Jeez
not everyone is a collector, and the reason people want playable prerelease promos is BECAUSE THE WANT TO PLAY A CARD WITH PRERELEASE ART

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Too bad Celesteela is weak to lightning...

Beast Bringer goes nicely into Malamar decks... Ultra Necrozma can take +1 extra prize card on a PikaRom GX or Jolteon GX. Better than choice band.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Wall decks, meet the new anti-GX option, Celesteela.

Not sure if its much better than Hoopa (which only gives up 1 prize) but the difference in weakness (electric vs fighting) makes it an option. Seems a year late given the state of the meta right now.

Robert Fuchs

or baby Buzz can knock out a PikaRom GX for 4 prize cards! :)

Do you think PikaRom usage will go down due to Beast Bringer??

Robert Fuchs

Not sure if its much better than Hoopa (which only gives up 1 prize) but the difference in weakness (electric vs fighting) makes it an option. Seems a year late given the state of the meta right now.

Zapdos plus choice band or one Electropower knocks out Celesteela unfortunately.

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player

Unfortunately, Celesteela only blocks the GX attacks, not all attacks from GXs. I still think it might have a place in some decks, such as to wall out against pikarom, maybe? Except that it's still weak to Full Blitz and they get to charge 3 energy and take 2 prizes, so they just have to take an extra KO. Perhaps it might be seen as a tech in something like lost march as a counter to Ultra Necrozma's GX attack?

Robert Fuchs

Unfortunately, Celesteela only blocks the GX attacks, not all attacks from GXs. I still think it might have a place in some decks, such as to wall out against pikarom, maybe? Except that it's still weak to Full Blitz and they get to charge 3 energy and take 2 prizes, so they just have to take an extra KO. Perhaps it might be seen as a tech in something like lost march as a counter to Ultra Necrozma's GX attack?

But it has to be active, so you can Guzma it out and then use any GX attack... unless it's the only Pokemon out there.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
If that's the case, then I misread that, and Hoopa is WAAAY better.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
or baby Buzz can knock out a PikaRom GX for 4 prize cards! :)

Do you think PikaRom usage will go down due to Beast Bringer??
Nah. Baby buzz is already a massive problem for PikaRom and already turns the game around for 3 prizes. Baby buzz does not need help, and this seems unecessary/overkill.

I think Beast Bringer make more sense in Blecephalon, who is a KO machine.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Correct me if I am wrong, but the lightning weakness shouldn't be a problem.Lightning GX attacks will do nothing to it, and Zapdos attack doesn't apply weakness or resistance. Celesteela's energy requirements allow it to be an addition to any deck that is worried about PikaRom.

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player
Beast bringer will be absolutely busted in Blacephalon decks, you can take 3 Prizes on an easy GX knockout, or 4 on a tag team and you only really have to take 1 KO after that no matter what. Imagine guzzlord in turbo dark decks once this set drops. scary!

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think celesteela will be really good in malamar...the deck is just begging for an early game consistency boost. If you play heavy switch outs it would be pretty simple to gx early if you can’t pull off an early attack. Some nice synergy moving energy to the back as well, can throw a metal on it early and move it to power up an ultra Necrozma later!

Wechselbalg

brb
Correct me if I am wrong, but the lightning weakness shouldn't be a problem.Lightning GX attacks will do nothing to it, and Zapdos attack doesn't apply weakness or resistance. Celesteela's energy requirements allow it to be an addition to any deck that is worried about PikaRom.

It matters because Tapu-Koko-GX, Zeraora-GX and Pikarom can KO this for 2 energy with their non-GX attacks. Celesteela only protects you from GX-attacks, not attacks of GX pokemon. And you can just move it onto the bench with Guzma and its ability stops working anyway.