'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Wolfgirl90 Aspiring Trainer
    Wolfgirl90

Advanced Member Member

The attack doesn't specify that you need to shuffle the prize cards (can't imagine why you would need to).

So yeah, you would simply put the prize cards out the way you want. If you just so happen to know what those cards are, the game doesn't care.

2. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

3. TSA123 i play pokeman
    TSA123

i genuinely wish they would've printed eeeeeeeek again

4. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Dedenne-GX is amazing but can become free prizes if your opponent plays a Guzma

5. DorilMagefont Aspiring Trainer
    DorilMagefont

It's basically the same issue as Tapu Lele-GX. IE. A small disadvantage, but effectively negligible, because it's highly likely you have higher priority stuff for your opponent to kill like Jirachi, etc.

TrevGallade likes this.
  6. TSA123 i play pokeman
    TSA123

I mean that’s kind of already Lele and Marshadow SLG

7. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Lele has a much more usable attack, though, and for CC - so _any_ deck can use it. This basically exists solely for the ability, the 50 damage for CL is hilarious. I feel like this'll make Acerola or something similar a lot more important.

It's also weak to Fighting, as opposed to Lele's no weakness, so a _lot_ easier to KO.

It's definitely a powerful card... it's just going to be a little more nuanced in use than Lele was.

8. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Dedechange? Tingly Return? This is the long-awaited Shaymin EX reprint and you give it names like those? I guess I can’t complain, though. It’s Set Up, after all.
    Decks with Escape Board are going to love this more than the rest of us will. But thanks for bringing it to the TCG anyway.

snoopy369 likes this.
  9. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

If you play against a lightning deck, and they play thunder mountain down, you can use the attacks.

This will be played in Malamar most likely so if a tina does 10 to a zapdos, dedenne can get a sneaky KO.
    Yes, I know it's REALLY specific but the attacks can actually have some use.

If only it did 60...

10. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I think I'm most surprised by the lightning required for (ew) Tingly Return (do I have to say that...) That makes it only usable in decks that have lightning or rainbow/etc. energy. Or if you're lucky and your opponent puts down Thunder Mountain, as you say, but I think that's unlikely to be all that often.

I do think this will boost the Ultra Zapdos model some. I'm a lot more interested in having a fighting type in my deck right now...

11. HailHydreigon Aspiring Trainer
    HailHydreigon

The Cleffa is a direct downgrade from the one in HGSS/CoL.

12. JMT Some Broke Weeaboo
    JMT

Dedenne won’t be a problem if you use all 4 electropowers and a choice band to hit for 200 damage first.

13. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

So does anyone have any idea how much the Dedenne GX will be worth once it releases?

14. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Cleffa's numbering also indicates it'll come before Clefairy in the English set order... which is good it felt really weird to see the babies after their evolutions in the Japanese set despite the new baby cards not being able to evolve anyway. lol

OVERGRO likes this.
  15. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Set list updated

16. ronangorski Aspiring Trainer
    ronangorski

Mine still is the same. What did you chage?

17. MtSilverHermit Aspiring Trainer
    MtSilverHermit

Yay for baby pokemon representation!

OVERGRO likes this.
  18. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

This just reminds me: who's bright idea was it to give Tapu Lele GX no weakness? Seriously, why? It was a good card already (unlike the other Tapu GXes, who also had no weakness) but regardless, in no way does being a Tapu somehow translate into having no TCG weakness. Smh.

19. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

Malamar builds could utilize Unit Energy LPM to let Dedenne-GX attack in emergencies. Having siad this, I don't think it will be a staple in every deck, as it might discard too aggressively for some strategies.

20. RisingRaichuu Aspiring Trainer
    RisingRaichuu

Advanced Member Member

No it's not, it's awful. Guzma fodder that can't be stacked up for explosive turns like Shaymin. PikaRom will use it but nothing else.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 5 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?