'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

DorilMagefont

Aspiring Trainer
Dedenne-GX is amazing but can become free prizes if your opponent plays a Guzma

It's basically the same issue as Tapu Lele-GX. IE. A small disadvantage, but effectively negligible, because it's highly likely you have higher priority stuff for your opponent to kill like Jirachi, etc.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
It's basically the same issue as Tapu Lele-GX. IE. A small disadvantage, but effectively negligible, because it's highly likely you have higher priority stuff for your opponent to kill like Jirachi, etc.
Lele has a much more usable attack, though, and for CC - so _any_ deck can use it. This basically exists solely for the ability, the 50 damage for CL is hilarious. I feel like this'll make Acerola or something similar a lot more important.

It's also weak to Fighting, as opposed to Lele's no weakness, so a _lot_ easier to KO.

It's definitely a powerful card... it's just going to be a little more nuanced in use than Lele was.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Dedechange? Tingly Return? This is the long-awaited Shaymin EX reprint and you give it names like those? I guess I can’t complain, though. It’s Set Up, after all.
Decks with Escape Board are going to love this more than the rest of us will. But thanks for bringing it to the TCG anyway.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Lele has a much more usable attack, though, and for CC - so _any_ deck can use it. This basically exists solely for the ability, the 50 damage for CL is hilarious.
If you play against a lightning deck, and they play thunder mountain down, you can use the attacks.

This will be played in Malamar most likely so if a tina does 10 to a zapdos, dedenne can get a sneaky KO.
Yes, I know it's REALLY specific but the attacks can actually have some use.

If only it did 60...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think I'm most surprised by the lightning required for (ew) Tingly Return (do I have to say that...) That makes it only usable in decks that have lightning or rainbow/etc. energy. Or if you're lucky and your opponent puts down Thunder Mountain, as you say, but I think that's unlikely to be all that often.

I do think this will boost the Ultra Zapdos model some. I'm a lot more interested in having a fighting type in my deck right now...

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Dedenne won’t be a problem if you use all 4 electropowers and a choice band to hit for 200 damage first.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Cleffa's numbering also indicates it'll come before Clefairy in the English set order... which is good it felt really weird to see the babies after their evolutions in the Japanese set despite the new baby cards not being able to evolve anyway. lol

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
This just reminds me: who's bright idea was it to give Tapu Lele GX no weakness? Seriously, why? It was a good card already (unlike the other Tapu GXes, who also had no weakness) but regardless, in no way does being a Tapu somehow translate into having no TCG weakness. Smh.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Malamar builds could utilize Unit Energy LPM to let Dedenne-GX attack in emergencies. Having siad this, I don't think it will be a staple in every deck, as it might discard too aggressively for some strategies.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
No it's not, it's awful. Guzma fodder that can't be stacked up for explosive turns like Shaymin. PikaRom will use it but nothing else.
By nothing else you mean common decks in the TEU meta? Cause I have a deck with the new Vikavolt coming out in UNB, and with Dedenne-GX it can get turn 2 KOs on 280 hp tag teams.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Maybe this Dedenne will get more importance when Tapu Lele GX rotates, I’m seeing a lot of it on japanese lists.