'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AlphaTheKineticGuardian Aspiring Trainer
    AlphaTheKineticGuardian

I thought it was pretty funny tbh :D

That aside, Gathering of Cats is going to be one of my favourite archetypes to come out this set, only second to Gardevoir/Sylveon

2. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

I hope I get that Stakataka... love the Beast and in pre-release it could be useful!

3. Zster Aspiring Trainer
    Zster

With a memory energy attached, and if evolved from a kitten with caturday, does this mean that incineroar gx can use all of its attacks for a memory energy if Persian is in play. It would be a pokemon with a caturday attack in that scenario.

4. Kashvinder Mann Aspiring Trainer
    Kashvinder Mann

Only the Volcanion seems cool to me, the rest are just nothing great.

5. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

The Pokemon has to have the attack caturday on it so it wouldn't work

snoopy369 likes this.
  6. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

DECENT playability.
    REALLY GOOD art.

7. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Definitely not the level of Team Up's promos, but they look like they'll be fun to play with at least!

8. SubApathy Team Rocket
    SubApathy

That Volcanion is insane! Definitely a staple in every Fire deck going forward.

9. not everyone is a collector, and the reason people want playable prerelease promos is BECAUSE THE WANT TO PLAY A CARD WITH PRERELEASE ART

10. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

11. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Interesting that only in TUP did they change GX in text to the actual GX insignia.

12. Robert Fuchs PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
    Robert Fuchs

Advanced Member Member

Too bad Celesteela is weak to lightning...

Beast Bringer goes nicely into Malamar decks... Ultra Necrozma can take +1 extra prize card on a PikaRom GX or Jolteon GX. Better than choice band.

13. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

Wall decks, meet the new anti-GX option, Celesteela.

Not sure if its much better than Hoopa (which only gives up 1 prize) but the difference in weakness (electric vs fighting) makes it an option. Seems a year late given the state of the meta right now.

14. Robert Fuchs PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
    Robert Fuchs

Advanced Member Member

or baby Buzz can knock out a PikaRom GX for 4 prize cards! :)

Do you think PikaRom usage will go down due to Beast Bringer??

15. Robert Fuchs PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
    Robert Fuchs

Advanced Member Member

Zapdos plus choice band or one Electropower knocks out Celesteela unfortunately.

16. 007manyo TCG Judge & Player
    007manyo

Unfortunately, Celesteela only blocks the GX attacks, not all attacks from GXs. I still think it might have a place in some decks, such as to wall out against pikarom, maybe? Except that it's still weak to Full Blitz and they get to charge 3 energy and take 2 prizes, so they just have to take an extra KO. Perhaps it might be seen as a tech in something like lost march as a counter to Ultra Necrozma's GX attack?

Pokenerd and SquirtleRules like this.
  17. Robert Fuchs PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
    Robert Fuchs

Advanced Member Member

But it has to be active, so you can Guzma it out and then use any GX attack... unless it's the only Pokemon out there.

18. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

If that's the case, then I misread that, and Hoopa is WAAAY better.

19. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

Nah. Baby buzz is already a massive problem for PikaRom and already turns the game around for 3 prizes. Baby buzz does not need help, and this seems unecessary/overkill.

I think Beast Bringer make more sense in Blecephalon, who is a KO machine.

20. K_la Aspiring Trainer
    K_la

Correct me if I am wrong, but the lightning weakness shouldn't be a problem.Lightning GX attacks will do nothing to it, and Zapdos attack doesn't apply weakness or resistance. Celesteela's energy requirements allow it to be an addition to any deck that is worried about PikaRom.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 4 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?