'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. JumpluffTCG Aspiring Trainer
    JumpluffTCG

Advanced Member Member

Charizard/Reshiram is really good. You can take out Venusaur, PikaRom, GengarMims, BuzzMosa, Melmetal, etc. with a Choice Band while simultaneously being out of range for an OHKO from those other Tag Teams which is crazy (PikaRom needs to GX AND have 90 damage worth of modifiers.) You also apparently have a lot of energy acceleration options between Kiawe and Welder so this thing can be swinging 230 from T2 decently consistently. If Ho-Oh can work, and this card is basically Ho-Oh on steroids, I'm sure this card will see a lot of play.

GekkisaiDaiNi likes this.

2. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Fire energy acceleration is back in standard, yay (?) I guess this is to balance out the all the metal support we're getting. (And you thought for a second that metal would actually get good, hah!) At any rate, both Volcanion and Welder are p. good.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  3. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

WELDER
    IS
    BUSTED.
    Seriously! 2 Fire energy attachement and a draw three without clunky support Pokémon clogging up deck space is meta-changing. Maybe not, but still.
    Volcanion looks good, but if you cann’t pull it off, it’s next to nothing. Next to. Either way, the second attack looks good, too, if you need a backup attacker.
    Fire Crystal just has to go 1upping Energy Retrieval.
    Any Fire Pokémon has just become 3 uber-good cards better.
    That’s all I have to say.

4. Alex Sableye Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
    Alex Sableye

I don't like any of this....

5. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Also, let us not forget that Magcargo-GX, Victini {*} and Dragon Majesty Turtonator are all cards that exist - since all these pokemon interact with the discard pile instead of the lost zone, they might actually benefit more from these fire upgrades than Blacephalon, who already has Beast Ring and Naga anyway.

Magcargo-GX hits 250 for the same amount of energy as ReshiZard, and you can immediately replenish with Fire Crystal+Welder+Smooth Over+ability on Magcargo-GX. And since Magcargo discards energy, (as opposed to Ho-Oh and ReshiZard) it can also protect itself from stuff that preys on decks that like to have too much energy on the board.

And DM Turtonator+Naga could actually become a viable as a 1-prize version of Blacephalon.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    GekkisaiDaiNi likes this.
  6. Audiofreak19 Aspiring Trainer
    Audiofreak19

O man Charzard is super busted with that turn one Kiawe. Switch retreat jirachi for the rest of the turns. (Mic drop)

7. Kashvinder Mann Aspiring Trainer
    Kashvinder Mann

Oh wow the two new trainer cards really helps team up Charizard even more! I like it.

8. postmodern_pinko So postmodern
    postmodern_pinko

BUDGET clap BLACEPHELON clap WITH clap TURTONATOR

Wechselbalg likes this.
  9. Jake_Silberman PTCG Player - 40/500
    Jake_Silberman

Welder seems crazy with Blacephalon, but I think Volcanion and Fire Crystal are mediocre.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  10. CxEriK Aspiring Trainer
    CxEriK

Advanced Member Member

11. Tri2attack "Guzma for game."-every close game
    Tri2attack

Wow this tag team artwork looks so beautiful. In all honesty I think this will see more play than Pikachu and Zekrom tag team GX.

The new supporter Welder is a great alternative to blacksmith for the standard format. Cant wait to see the price for this beauty.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  12. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Advanced Member Member

I was really hoping to get some good cards to help with consistency with metal types but nope just lot of unneeded defense cards :(

Lord Goomy likes this.
  13. Merovingian Expanded Extraordinaire
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

I can't wait for this set to get released. Pokegear 3.0 makes Bootleg Shock Lock insanely good.

14. This will be nuts in expanded, Steam up volc, max elixir, and blacksmith. although welder is probably better, blacksmith will be good late game

Lord Goomy likes this.
  15. DorilMagefont Aspiring Trainer
    DorilMagefont

Welder seems absolutely bonkers. I wonder what new decks it might enable. The Charizard Team Up already self-accelerates energy and unfortunately deals damage to itself, so it seems like it doesn't need it.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  16. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

Um,
    let me tell you a story.

One day at a tournament, you play against blacephalon.
    You are feeling good, they don't get much down turn 1 and 2 and they seem bricked.
    You KO their blace for 2 prizes. Then they play fiery flint, surge, welder, welder (lele says hi), beast ring, beast ring, beast ring (they draw 6 cards off welders) and get 10 energy into play, KOing whatever you killed their blace with and then having 6+ energy on the board for next turn.

You instantly scoop.
    Very fun, interactive game.

17. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Advanced Member Member

It is if you're a Blacephalon player :^)

18. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

19. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

20. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Wigglytuff looks interesting but the rest are meh.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?