'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

i was hoping for a tiny bit more damage for a fighting tag team. Umbreon has Retaliate for 1 energy for 120 which is just better

i was hoping for a tiny bit more damage for a fighting tag team. Umbreon has Retaliate for 1 energy for 120 which is just better
There's also Shaymin SHL which can do the same thing for one Counter Energy on a Basic

Hey, Machamp and Marshadow! That looks like a cool combo...
...for a regular GX. Sure, it has the HP, but Retaliate has been seen like Rally Back on Shaymin SLG. Now, Hundred IMpact, that’s 160 no drawbacks. Just energy. The problem is, we have no Fighting acceleration in Standard. HOWEVER, what if you were to play this with Malamar? You get this thing charged up T2, the attack cost being FFP instead of FFF, like any normal person would do. Besides that, you have Diancie and Choice Band. That’s 210, every turn, no drawbacks, on a super tanky Pokémon. Now the GX attack: I’m loving it. Guzma, sure, but what if they can’t find any? Then there’s an impenetrable wall that probably just took a KO, and that’s gonna take another one (maybe) next turn.
Sounds good to me.
I like Incineroar here. 30 extra damage for a [R] type... that’s pretty good. It’s stage 2iness will definitely hinder its play, though.
Salazzle works in the Heat Factory <> and has now learned its secrets.

Marshadow & Machamp GX: Love the art but the Psychic weakness hurts this card real bad. Extremity of Stalwart GX is an awesome attack since it hits numbers with Choice Band and Diancie Prism Star but the other two attacks fail to hit relevant numbers and do not come with a benefitial side effect.

Salazzle: Great card combined with Welder and Fire Crystal. I can see this card as a stable draw engine in selected Fire decks.

Incineroar: Nice one card tech in Incineroar decks and Meganium decks.

Looking at those Incineroar and Salazzle, is it my impression or the game is becoming more ability-based? That'd be good news for Weavile...

• Machamp x Marshadow TTGX - It's fine. We don't have enough Energy accel for F types. Sure, it is the type that hits weakness on most relevant Pokémon like Pikarom and Zoroark, 4 F energy in total for Machadow is too much. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Salasizzle (Salazzle) - It's an ability form of Heat Factory *. Can be, but Stage 1? Ok. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Incineroar - too bad it doesn't stack. 3 Geodudes
  • We need to wait for the Oceanic Internats results to know If Meganium crushes tournaments.

Marchamp doesn't seem bad in Expanded, it just seems like a better Buzz GX except you can't Beast Ring or Beast Energy.
160 with no drawbacks is phenomenal on a 270 HP basic.
We have Max Elixir so it's entirely possible to get it set up, plus Strong Energy, Diancie PS, Focus Sash, Fighting Fury Belt, Regirock EX, Korrina, etc. to support, along with general partners like Lycanroc GX.
Only way I see it being played in Standard is in ZoroRoc with Counter Gain or Multi Switch to be able to Revenge for big KO's on Zoros, but other than that it's a 3-prize liability.
Overall, I think it's good in EXPANDED, but in Standard it's kinda trash

Incineroar seems like a 1-of in Zoro/Incineroar (it can let Zoro hit 200 and Incineroar GX OHKO Zoro with the ability + band + kukui). Other than that it's bad imo

Salazzle is a solid card for Blacephalon, but unfortunately Blace has fallen off the radar and Alolan Muk is just a better card for most matchups as an evolution to utilize Ditto PS, so I don't think it'll be played TOO much.

Last edited:
Don’t care much for the Machamp Marshadow GX, but that Salazzle is awesome. Blacephalon may not be a top deck through Team Up, but next set in May it will be back with vengeance considering the other cards we are getting.

i really like the sallazle in clowns because it gives you dray support and more ways to discard energy. imo the machamp tag team is bad and the inceneroar is okay. i think inceneroar will see play with the dark incenroar gx from team up as a fun deck/rouge deck.

While others may disagree, I think that making GX cards for less popular Pokémon is a good move. It gives the game a bit more variety, and it's super exciting to see your favorite Pokémon being featured on a GX card, especially if it's never received an EX card or anything of the like.

BTW I'm talking about the cards from the Family Card Box.

The wigglytuff gx is at least useable turn two with Mina, Mewtwo gx could be decent with malamar, however other than that, these are really useless gx cards.

Wow, thought Machamp would be in the first fighting tag team but didn't think it would be paired with Marshadow (thought instead it would be Landorus). As far as the card I like it, but without much/any fighting energy acceleration it feels like it will be really slow. Love the art though.

Edited for take on other cards. Salazzle is busted, expect it to see play in most fire decks. Incineroar is really interesting, could be the thing that allows Flareon to OHKO weaker tag teams but is clunky.

MarshChamp is basically Buzzwole-GX buffed up to TTGX level, but without Jet Punch. Make of that what you will. Also, it can OHKO a Pikarom very early with Counter Gain if a Zapdos rushes you and gets a T1/T2 KO. And the new Buzzwole-counter Marshadow will not work on it. All in all I don't think this card is that terrible, but it only works in a specific meta. Not having energy acceleration for it in Standard means that you will most likely never get to unlock the additional effect of the TTGX attack though.

Between Salazzle, Welder and Fire Crystal, fire decks will have to run zero "classic" draw supporters - or at least only a reduced amount compared to other decks.

Last edited:
I like the Machamp&Marshadow Tag Team GX, but Extremity of Stalwart GX will be too easy to metagame for if it turns out to be _that_ common of a card (since it's easy to add an extra 10 damage, either via Shrine or Poison or something else). So it can't ever be a tier-1-deck-defining card by itself, unless you don't care about the GX move (maybe you don't, as others have shown doing 160+modifiers turn 2 is amazing).

Incineroar seems great for decks that can fit it in. Maybe you just play a 1-1 line in electric decks, for example, using Volkner to grab the rare candy, just basically as a convenience - another way to add 30 - and not worry too much if you don't get it out early. Zapdos for example would love this, right? Go from 80 to 110 just with Incineroar, and then add in another 30-60 with choice band and/or electropower - one of each and you can OHKO a lot of things.

Back