'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

I like Dust Island, I know it will probably be talked about with this Alolan Muk/ Muk tag team but I also think it could be good with Venomoth GX as well. As far as MukX2 tag team I really like the card. Its GX attack is very powerful and with Malamar it could essentially be dropped any time and if your opponent is incapable of responding you take 2 or 3 prizes. The fact that its attacks require psychic colorless is also handy and with Viridian Forest means we could tech it into other decks if you decide to run a couple psychic energy (like maybe magnazone)

Fighting Dojo makes sense that it doesn't interact with Buzzwole GX. Giving Buzzwole GX this stadium would make it pretty busted ( turn 1 lisia, fighting stadium and choice would make it possible to OHKO Pikachu Zekrom) and since Buzz won't be in standard much longer I feel that's ok. Now only if we got some fighting acceleration Marshadow Machamp would be playable, albeit only ok.

2. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

3. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

Baby venomoth seems good, especially if you decide to tech in baby salazzle. Really liking that poison is getting some support.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  4. Max Maxwell Aspiring Trainer
    Max Maxwell

Wow Finally a nice Venomoth :D. In combination with Venomoth GX and Koga must be a good deck!

5. Seng vang Svang20
    Seng vang

Nice ice new stadium for buzzwole

6. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

This card could be great for picking off malamars and free retreat. Venomoth is definitely something to test.

AngryBokoblin likes this.
  7. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

What if you used dust island in spread; hit the active with some sort of super poison (4 damage/turn switch,15 damage/turn switch, etc.), buff it up, thetn start switching their pokemon around to spread that condition to all their pokes?

8. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Unfortunately Fighting Dojo excludes Ultra Beast Pokémon from it's effect.

bbb888 likes this.
  9. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

Remember: It doesn't only buff Fighting types. If you have any pokemon with basic F energy (no rainbow), it gets the buff. Could be useful outside of Passimian.

10. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

This Muk and some severs combined with the sea of nothingness stadium could rack up some damage.

Do you think fighting decks will run a split of Brooklet and Dust Island?

11. Wechselbalg Mr. Ros
    Wechselbalg

Not much synergy with Venomoth-GX tbh...I mean, sniping the bench is nice, but what Venomoth-GX needs is a reliable 1-prize attacker that can KO the active.

12. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

I was just just brainstorming an idea to protect the bench from snipe and wishing there was still Mr. Mime and this mew appears.....nice.

13. Pokefam Salandit Bandit
    Pokefam

Muk and alolan muk WILL see play

AngryBokoblin and Lord Goomy like this.
  14. Wechselbalg Mr. Ros
    Wechselbalg

About as much play as Toxapex-GX did. This is another bad poison gimmick.

15. Pokefam Salandit Bandit
    Pokefam

16. Mysticvulpix Just be chill
    Mysticvulpix

I don’t think it works with buzzwole. It said it didn’t affect ultra beasts.

17. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Ninety snipe is really solid. It's too bad there's no reliable way to induce Special Conditions.

18. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

I think the synergy with venomoth gx is that you are using koga's traps, but I agree, if you are using venomoth focused deck I'd probably only tech one venomoth gx in for its gx attack because it's great in combination with baby venomoth. The fact that both attack for colorless also makes them splashable in any deck.

19. KentGardner Aspiring Trainer
    KentGardner

Interesting concept here. I am literally shocked it does not have an ability. I didn’t think they new how to make a muk without one.

20. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

I didn't see that coming. I'm guessing next will be Ninetales & Alolan Ninetales GX.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?