'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
YES! God I hate decks playing Tapu Koko just spreading damage and then doing whatever to take prizes, whether it'd be using Tapu Lele to move around the damage counters or just making everything weaker for smaller pokemon to get KOs. They may not be the best deck usually but they're super annoying to play against and when it comes I can just tech in the Mew and it would single handily beat spread-focused decks. I love it, I'll play a 1-of of it, play against a spread deck, bench the Mew and click the green smiley face 10 times whenever I do it. (Well, maybe I shouldn't be that rood. :p)

Rage aside, Spritomb is a pretty cool pokemon for the ability, some genius is gonna put that to use, and as for the Stunfisk, it's okay. 210 damage with all pokemon damaged and band attached seems pretty cool. I still wouldn't call it the easiest thing in the world since you need damage counters on not only your benched pokemon, but the Stunfisk as well to hit that number, and since you're using DCE for the most part Rainbow Energy doesn't look too viable to simply attach and do energy switching shenanigans. Cool card tho.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Y'all are forgetting about Hustle Belt. Rainbow, Grudge tick, Belt, and you're doing 130.

Wechselbalg

brb
Rage aside, Spritomb is a pretty cool pokemon for the ability, some genius is gonna put that to use, and as for the Stunfisk, it's okay. 210 damage with all pokemon damaged and band attached seems pretty cool. I still wouldn't call it the easiest thing in the world since you need damage counters on not only your benched pokemon, but the Stunfisk as well to hit that number, and since you're using DCE for the most part Rainbow Energy doesn't look too viable to simply attach and do energy switching shenanigans. Cool card tho.

Electropower helps too, and you can play a couple of Rainbows next to DCE with Counter Gain for the turns where you're behind on prizes.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Electropower helps too, and you can play a couple of Rainbows next to DCE with Counter Gain for the turns where you're behind on prizes.
Oh right, Counter Gain exists. :p That's a neat idea, we just need to hit that combo a consistent amount of times. Either increase the count of Rainbow Energy and/or Counter Gain or find ways to search those specific cards. Alolan Ninetales-GX seems neat, but I feel it's a strategy to keep the concept purely prize 1. I feel like finding a way to make this concept consistent is gonna be the tricky part, then again that's every deck's 1st thing to figure out.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Oh right, Counter Gain exists. :p That's a neat idea, we just need to hit that combo a consistent amount of times. Either increase the count of Rainbow Energy and/or Counter Gain or find ways to search those specific cards. Alolan Ninetales-GX seems neat, but I feel it's a strategy to keep the concept purely prize 1. I feel like finding a way to make this concept consistent is gonna be the tricky part, then again that's every deck's 1st thing to figure out.
Doesn't thunder mountain reduce it to 1 colorless?

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Doesn't thunder mountain reduce it to 1 colorless?
It actually doesn't. Thunder Mountain takes away 1 Lighting Energy cost, not one Colorless energy cost so unfortunately it won't make things easier.

Our choice of Stadium would be Shrine of Punishment anyway so not the worst thing in the world.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Muk and Alolan Muk GX puts out the most insane poison I have ever seen. That was a wild ride reading through those attacks.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Muk & Alolan Muk GX: Nice card. Like the focus on status effects combnined with Dust Island and cards such as Seviper and Tapu Lele Promo. Could be a viable deck with Weakness Policy.

Dust Island: Nice addition to status effect decks.

Fighting Dojo: Great addition to Fighting decks since those decks tend to need the damage boost.

kusa

Aspiring Trainer
OMG Finally some fighting support! also is just +10 and +40 dmg and not only to the active rival Pokémon!?

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Ohhhhhh literally shit! That is the most beautiful tag team combination I could have never predicted. Such a beautiful combination, the colours the moveplay concepts oh the combination Muk is the pokémon we deserve. Please stop Pokémon your making us bankrupt and we need to catch up along with paying bills.

EDIT - I WANT A JUMBO OF THIS. SHEEIT.

Word of thought that maybe the Tag Teams could be I dunno, maybe dual typing?

Last edited:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Mayb we will get a exeggcutor tag team as well I think thats the only alola/normal form combo that would work with tag teams

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alolan Muk x Muk TTGX - Ehh. Too expensive but you have Malamar. It's not the end of the world. Even the poison for the first atk even underpowered compared to the ones from Toxapex. I don't feel if I like this card or not. 3-4 Geodudes. So we have 7 TTGXs in Unbroken Bonds so who was the 3 remaining regular GXs?
  • Dust Island - If you are playing Poison Barb or any Poison decks, this is the Stadium for you. That makes Guzma, Switch or Escape Rope useless when it comes on curing Poison by switching. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Fighting Dojo - When Buzzwole reads the effect of the stadium, *YEEESSS* , but when the effect says "This doesn't affect Ultra Beasts", *Embarassed emoji* Any Fighting decks that isn't Buzzwole like Passimian will love this. 4-5 Geodudes

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I like Dust Island, I know it will probably be talked about with this Alolan Muk/ Muk tag team but I also think it could be good with Venomoth GX as well. As far as MukX2 tag team I really like the card. Its GX attack is very powerful and with Malamar it could essentially be dropped any time and if your opponent is incapable of responding you take 2 or 3 prizes. The fact that its attacks require psychic colorless is also handy and with Viridian Forest means we could tech it into other decks if you decide to run a couple psychic energy (like maybe magnazone)

Fighting Dojo makes sense that it doesn't interact with Buzzwole GX. Giving Buzzwole GX this stadium would make it pretty busted ( turn 1 lisia, fighting stadium and choice would make it possible to OHKO Pikachu Zekrom) and since Buzz won't be in standard much longer I feel that's ok. Now only if we got some fighting acceleration Marshadow Machamp would be playable, albeit only ok.