Pokemon Type Combination Ideas and Designs

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
So everyone has that type combo that they want, sometimes they've made Fakemon with the type, or they just want to see how the combination could be used as a design.
This can also include more Pokemon of used type combinations - someone may have a nice Water/Ground Fakemon that has an unusual design.

I'll start with a few on my wanted list:
-Ice/Steel - yes I know it is possibly the worst type combo to exist, but it could have a potentially interesting design. I can see it being a mirror, or possibly just a frozen block of steel. It could be an animal made of iron that has to keep very cold to stay alive.
-Fairy/Dark - I'd love for this to have a cutesy appearance, but in reality be the most evil being ever. Or just a typical folklore-fae.

Current type combos I'd like to see more of:
-Grass/Ground
-Electric/Steel - I'm really surprised there's only 1 line with this typing considering Steel and Electric together have so much more design potential than magnets.
-Water/Bug - for such an interesting typing, we only have dumb old Surskit which loses the unique typing upon evolution. Either they should make a new split evo for it which carries on the water-strider thing or revamp Masquerain to be Bug/Water.
-Fire/Dragon - this isn't a want per se. but I think that for 2 types that go very well with each other 2 Pokemon (1 of which is a temporary form) is a bit underwhelming.

discuss, and you can put Fakemon you've designed, ones on the internet you've seen, descriptions, or just the typings. Really anything about the typings you want

RE: Type combinations you want to see and designs that they could be

Ghost/Steel. Haunted. Suit. Of armor. :mad:

More Electric/Dragon types?
I came up with an idea of a lizard that's colored like Helioptile, and he has a giant wrecking ball as a tail.
He as electric powers...because electric is just awesome.

I'd like to see a water/fire that has a steam based design

-Fairy/water mermaid
-Dragon/electric spinosaurus
-Rock/grass stegosaurus
-Fairy/bug luna moth
-Fairy/ground, fairy/flying and fairy/psychic pony, pegasus and unicorn
Could be a legendary trio or just a regular trio like the stupid monkeys or electabuzz/magmar/jynx.
-Electric/flying hummingbird
Learns few electric moves, but a lot of speed and sound-based moves.

Fire/Steel

I would like a fire steel type, would be quite unique, I could see a little robot boy thing that's steel, evolves into a more adolescent steel type then progresses into a fire/steel monster bot with a volcano on his back, you would need to have a fire type in your party to evolve him, he would look like a steel/fire luxray theme, cute 1st evo, serious 2nd, then final 3rd beast, probably be a pseudo legendary or something, special attacker with very good defense and special defense.

Water/Normal

A water/normal dolphin would be nice, ive always wanted a dolphin pokemon. I have no idea about the design.

dark/electric

I really want a dark electric type pokemon, a serpent would be epic, be black and yellow and have huge fangs filled with volts, it would have 1 evolution, baby snake and then massive serpent with power plug tail

I would like to see an ice/bug type.

I thought Bergmite and Avalugg might be that when I first saw them, but it turned out untrue. It probably wouldn't be the most effective type competitively, but the bug typing would help make up for ice's weaknesses to fighting and give it a resistance ground. But still probably not the best. Maybe they could make it another moth/butterfly like a counterpart to Volcarona.

Also could be cool to see a steel/psychic type. Don't know what it could possibly be, but it is a pretty decent combination. I think it might actually have the same weaknesses as Honedge's line. Not sure on that.

Or poison/steel could be nice. Anything poison actually (poison/ice?), gotta love them poison types.

Gamefreak has actually done a lot with type combos I've always wanted to see...notably Electric/Fire toaster (Rotom) and Grass/Ghost pumpkin (Pumpkaboo line).

Now I'd really like to see more Electric/Steel types like P.DelSlayer...or Electric/Poison. I don't know why, but I think that'd be a cool type. I'd say it could have something to do with nuclear energy, but what with the ongoing problems of Fukushima, I don't see that happening. Maybe not ever.

SuperDuper said:
Also could be cool to see a steel/psychic type. Don't know what it could possibly be, but it is a pretty decent combination. I think it might actually have the same weaknesses as Honedge's line. Not sure on that.

I think it would have the same weaknesses as Jirachi, the Beldum line, and the Bronzor line. ;)

First of all, I'd like to see more Electric type combinations, there haven't been many interesting combos for that type. As for specific ideas:

Electric/Fighting- Probably something like Electivire (possibly a concept for Mega Electivire) or Thor
Normal/Ghost- a zombie
Fire/Fairy- some type of fire imp
Ground/Bug- an earthworm
Ghost/Fighting- a samurai spirit
Bug/Dragon- A dragonfly Pokemon (Mega Yanmega could be this)
Fairy/Bug- some type of fairy similar to the ones you'd see in Disney cartoons

CMP said:
SuperDuper said:

I think it would have the same weaknesses as Jirachi, the Beldum line, and the Bronzor line. ;)

Well now I feel silly.

Another nice type combo could be fighting/dragon. I have no idea what they could possibly do to create it, but I bet it would be pretty neat. As long as it's not a Dragonite/Goodra looking thing with boxing gloves.

one thing I've thought of

this isn't type combinations, but rather more aquatic Pokemon that aren't Water type.

Gen 6 was definitely a step in the right direction; we have the Poison/Dragon Dragalge (which does evolve from a /Water type) and most interestingly, the Dark/Psychic Inkay and Maliamar

What I really want to see is a Pokemon whose typing has no relation to Water, but lives in the water - I've made a fakemon line, Steamkano and Hydrosuveus - Rock/Fire types based on aquatic volcanoes. (think tortoises with volcanoes on their back)

I have no real ideas for Type combinations perse....but if it counts I like to see more unique Pesudo-Legendaries with type combinations that is not Dragon/Flying, Rock/Dark, Steel/Psychic, mostly the common Dragon/Flying combination. I mean, give other types some love too; make a Pesudo Legendary that is part Grass, part Water, or even part Fire or Electric.

For actual combinations, I'd say Grass/Fire, or even what people want these days - Grass/Dragon is a unique one, although in terms of design, I'm quite lost as of now. That and I'm biased with Water myself.

Fire/Grass - the Chili pepper pokemon

SuperDuper said:
Well now I feel silly.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Fire/Grass tiki, Bug/Dark vampire mosquito, Electric/Poison Mongolian Death Worm, Poison/Fire Komodo dragon, Steel/Water Hammerhead/Swordfish.

Already figured out a neat combo myself which hasn't been repeated as of late (yes, it does exist), which is Water/Electric. First form would be similar to Goomy, being a living blob/puddle of sorts. Second form would become similar to something such as a electric eel/snake thing, on which it gets the electric type too. Finally on its final form, which only evolves at Lvl 55 while you're surfing on water, comes to look like this beast

Elecsea -Lv 30-> Eleceel -Lvl 55 while surfing-> Eleceadra

Would be the very first Water AND Electric-type Pesudo Legendary made out of water and electricity, similar to how Slugma is made out of lava, and with the 3d capabilities on the 3d models of Pokémon, this guy would be neat to look at.

I want a light-inspired pokemon; not so much the goodness but the physical phenomemon. Since now we have enough light-based moves that I feel that a pokemon with all of them would be justified.
Before I didn't know how the concept would be applied, but I'm thinking now that the luna moth I mentioned could be a very good candidate.
Perhaps Fairy/Bug, based on light+luna moth(+firefly, better than that stupid volbeat), naturally learning flash, dazzling gleam, tail glow, moonlight, flash cannon, mirror shot, light screen, reflect, solarbeam, sunny day, moonblast, aurora beam, psybeam, signal beam, quiver dance, silver wind and bug buzz and something else, maybe an electric move (electroweb?), but none of them so far has much to do with light.

Maybe it could be a branched evolution, a worm/cocoon evolving into either a light luna moth or a dark moth (yes, as bolt said, dark/bug) or butterfly or whatever.
Now that I thought about it, I really like this concept. A lot. If I feel like it, I might even do some designing later.

professorlight said:
I want a light-inspired pokemon; not so much the goodness but the physical phenomemon. Since now we have enough light-based moves that I feel that a pokemon with all of them would be justified.
Before I didn't know how the concept would be applied, but I'm thinking now that the luna moth I mentioned could be a very good candidate.
Perhaps Fairy/Bug, based on light+luna moth(+firefly, better than that stupid volbeat), naturally learning flash, dazzling gleam, tail glow, moonlight, flash cannon, mirror shot, light screen, reflect, solarbeam, sunny day, moonblast, aurora beam, psybeam, signal beam, quiver dance, silver wind and bug buzz and something else, maybe an electric move (electroweb?), but none of them so far has much to do with light.

Maybe it could be a branched evolution, a worm/cocoon evolving into either a light luna moth or a dark moth or butterfly or whatever.
Now that I thought about it, I really like this concept. A lot.

Make the other one Bug/Dark and that would be awesome, then we'd have two neat new Bug type combos.

I would also like to see a Water/Fire type. I always thought that it would be cool to see an aquatic ecosystem inside a volcanic environment, using magma. We already have sand-based "sea life," (sand alligators, sand hippos, ground sharks) so a magma based system would be cool to see too. An otter that swims through the magma, cooling it to igneous rock to wall off prey and catch them, Maybe a barnacle with Suction Cups that evolves into a volcanic sea cucumber or starfish thing as part of the ecosystem.

Id like to see a bug/dragon, it would probably be an event but I would really like a bug/dragon, when I first saw flygon I thought it was dragon/bug but to my surprise it was ground/dragon, It would probably be a 3 stage evolution line and be pseudo legendary :D

I wanted the Water/Fire type Pokémon to be primary Water type and to be based on a sea creature that lives in/around volcanoes. The event Fire/Water legendary seems to have random typing based on its design IMO.

Back