Pokemon Type Combination Ideas and Designs

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
RE: Type combinations you want to see and designs that they could be

Blob55 said:
I wanted the Water/Fire type Pokémon to be primary Water type and to be based on a sea creature that lives in/around volcanoes. The event Fire/Water legendary seems to have random typing based on its design IMO.

What exactly is Volcanion supposed to be anyway? I couldn't really tell by looking at it.

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~

I truly would love Poison/Electric, Poison/Fire, and Fire/Electric (another proper one). Competitive battlers, eat away at me.

AND ICE/FIRE, OF COURSE. It could be a... thing of ice with a flame burning inside of it, but the ice can be melted.

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now

P.DelSlayer said:
-Fairy/Dark - I'd love for this to have a cutesy appearance, but in reality be the most evil being ever. Or just a typical folklore-fae.

Oh, how some of my friends probably hate me with how much I want a Fae pokemon. I really want a changeling pokemon too, since changelings are fairies as well. Thinking Fairy/Bug or Fairy/Ghost for it.

I really want more dinosaur pokemon, ones that are not rock types. Only ones i can think of off the top of my head like that are all grass types. Gen 1, 2, and 4 grass starters, and Tropius.

More flying type pokemon that are not dueled with normal type. There are 96 Flying type pokemon, and 23 of them are Flying/Normal. That's about 1/4 of all flying types have the same duel type.

I'd like some ice types with more interesting typing. I mean like with typings that haven't been done yet. I'd love an Ice/Dark type. Ice/Fighting and Ice/normal are ones we haven't seen yet. not sure what they'd look like. Maybe some kind of animal that burrows underground?

I'd like more interesting type combinations with steel, and same thing with ghost type. Out of the 35 (excluding 3 out of 4 of the different sizes of Gourgeist and Pumkaboo, 44 including them.) ghost type pokemon, 9 of them are pure ghost type.

That's all i have for now.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:
I wanted the Water/Fire type Pokémon to be primary Water type and to be based on a sea creature that lives in/around volcanoes. The event Fire/Water legendary seems to have random typing based on its design IMO.

What exactly is Volcanion supposed to be anyway? I couldn't really tell by looking at it.

From what I read so far on forums, he's supposed to represent a walking, living fusion reactor of some kind, mixed with a tortoise. Head is tortoise like, although it doesn't have a traditional shell.