Finished Trivia of DNA III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee

Whatever you do, don't play Half-Life in the dark.
After migrating south for the winter, it has finally come back to the cheers of its fans. That's right. The super-amazing, awesomeness Trivia of DNA III is back.

The Chapters and Verses you will be living by for the next couple of months said:
1. Obviously, forum rules do apply. If you don't follow them you'll probably be warned by the staff and I or DNA may ban you from Trivia.

2. Problems are generally worth 3 points apiece. However, unlike the past trivia, it's possible for more than 3 points to be given out on just one question (which will be explained later, in how I grade the questions). The questions can be about absolutely everything, so keep on your toes.

3. There is no 3.

4. The aim of the game is to obtain a total of 80 points, upon which the game will end. I may reduce this number. But since Pokebeach is pretty big, this probably won't be likely. However, you can't just obtain 80 points just by doing the same thing over and over...there's an added factor to it! I shall explain this shortly.

5. This trivia will be divided into two distinct sections. There will be a question section, and an answer section. In the question section, I will give you a question, to which there will be only ONE possible answer (usually). If you end up providing another answer that also ends up being correct, you will be rewarded appropriately. The first person to post an answer to the question correctly receives 2 points, but the first person to answer it correctly AND be creative about it gets 3 points. Anyone else who answers the question correctly will (usually) get 1 point apiece (with more points possibly given out at my discretion).

6. In the answer section, DNA will give you a phrase, sentence, or maybe even a picture. Your goal is to try and find a question, the answer to which is the phrase/sentence/picture that DNA gave you. Your question will be graded on the following factors:

~Accuracy: The question you give must be accurate; if you give an incorrect answer you may not receive points for the question.
~Humor: If you want, you may make your question a funny one, and based on how funny DNA thinks your response is, you may get more points.
~Tact: Please keep in mind, this is Trivia of DNA. You will be submitting your questions to DNA, so you will want to try and submit questions that DNA would normally like - and the more you know DNA, the better you'll do. (And just as a hint...you will probably not want to submit any questions that involve the anime or the manga in some way - the former DNA despises, the latter DNA knows next to nothing about. Just giving you guys a heads-up.)

Your question may receive 1, 2, or 3 points depending on how much I liked it. (However, normally only one person per question receives a full 3 points.) Notice that timing is not accounted into the grading - you do not have to be the first to answer to receive the 3 points! The 3 points will go to the person who submitted the best question, not the first one.

7. During each round, I will give you exactly one question and one answer (so one problem from each section). Each round, you may only attempt one of them; if you try and answer both the question and answer in the same round, you will receive points for neither. Pick one, and stick with it. In addition, you are only allowed one attempt per round, and editing your posts is absolutely forbidden. If you think you made a spelling/grammar error or any other sort of mistake, either make a new post or leave a comment on my wall. I will take it into account.

8. As I said before you need 80 points to win the trivia - and you must get them by obtaining 40 points total from question sections, and 40 points total from answer sections. (This means you will need to solve both questions AND answers to win the trivia!) On the scoreboard, your score will be expressed like so:

~Username: 17 [12+5]

This means that this user has 17 points - 12 of which came from question rounds and 5 of which came from answer rounds. You cannot have more than 40 points in a single category, and you must get 40 points in both categories to win. (An exception is if getting points for one question would push you over 40, when you are below 40 before that. For example if a player has a score of 39+11, and then receives 3 points from a question round, his score becomes 40+13.)

9. The winner of this trivia may receive either an avatar or a banner made by DNA. He might keep this prize up, but odds are he'll keep it around.

10. In Trivia of DNA III, DNA and I will be working together. DNA will grade the answer section while I will grade the question section.

Question:
What post office can you drive your car through legally?
You submit the answer to this.

Answer:
Hey Gringo! Buy me whiskey!
You submit the question to this.

*Reserving this post if I want to add anything*

Question: An office which has been turned into a parking garage.

Answer: What does the town drunk say after losing all his money in a poker game?

Question: Any in an anarchist's world.

Answer: What should you not yell to your Mexican mother after your Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting?

ESP said:
Question: Any in an anarchist's world.

Answer: What should you not yell to your Mexican mother after your Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting?

Oops, I didn't read the rules thoroughly...

Please only count the Answer for this round.

I like how neither Guy nor ESP read the rules.

There is now three forum games on the site.

Each one is co-hosted by DNA. Conspiracy.

Answer: What does Paul McCartney say to his favorite guy with sticks when he's drugged and craving alcohol?

Is this allowed?

Answer: What does the town drunk say after losing all his money in a poker game?

Question: Probably not this one!
car-in-post-office.jpg-20120305

Question: What post office can you drive your car through legally?

The one made out of legos.

Teal wins though ;(.

I love how dna didn't start his own trivia

Answer to the answer question thingy part, um ya...
uh...
THE SECOND ONE:
What would i ask DNA if i were to ever see him in real life?
(his real name is Gringo right?)

My scoring:
What post office can you drive your car through legally?

Answer: You can legally drive through Chicago's post office.
I guess I should have worded the question better. Since it's my fault, I going to be generous this round. If you posted, you will receive a point.

Guy: +0. Can't be counted since you answered both.
ESP: +0. Can't be counted since you answered both, even despite your recognized oversight. Sorry.
oyeah1988: +1
Teal: +1 I hope the car is okay.
Glace: +1
Bisharp37: +1

People, here is a hint. The question part is going to be based on facts and real things.Keep that in mind when you do the next round.

DNA scoring:
"Hey Gringo! Buy me whiskey!"

Guy: +0. Can't be counted since you answered both.
ESP: +0. Can't be counted since you answered both, even despite your recognized oversight. Sorry.
Hypnotic: +1. Not bad.
Nengeni: +1. Yeah, that's basically it.
Spidy: +3. Find me - I dare you.

The scores:
Spidy: 3 [0+3]
Hypnotic: 2. [0+2]
oyeah1988: 1 [1+0]
Teal: 1 [1+0]
Glace: 1 [1+0]
Bisharp37: 1 [1+0]
Nengeni: 1 [1+0]
Guy: 0 [0+0]
ESP: 0 [0+0]

DNA is going to post the next set of trivia.

Question:

How long would it take to get to Mars from Earth if you were driving 60 mph in a car? The answer must be in years and months.

Answer:

Frozen yogurt.

Remember, you can tackle one, but not both.

...I just learned the answer to number one and NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER IT FPAOSDI FDOSAFISD FASDFIP SDFISGOSDFISJDOFSD.

Answer: What did I pay my co-worker $1 to throw at my manager's face? >:]

... I'm going to incude leap years here.
Question: 92 years and 6 months.

Question:
"The closest known approach was in 2003, when Earth and Mars were separated by only 56 million km. On the opposite end of the scale, Mars and Earth can be 401 million km apart when they are in opposition and both are at aphelion."
As shown below, the distance doesn't stay the same.
earthmarsorbittop.jpg

But I'll answer for the best and worst scenario's

60MPH = 97KMPH

Best: 56 Million KM apart / 97 = 577319.6 (This is hours)
/ 24 = 24054 Days and 23.6 hours.
= 24054 Days, 23.6 hours
/ 1457 (days) (4 Years, including Leap Years) = 66 Years 14 Days

Worst: (7.16 Times farther)
= 472 Years, 6.72 Months + 3.58 Months
= 472 Years, 10.3 Months - 3 Days because 3 years won't be a leap year
= 472 Years, 10.2 Months
Best: 66 Years, .5 Months to get to Mars from the Earth(~15 Days)
Worst: 472 Years, 10.2 Months

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14824/distance-from-earth-to-mars/#ixzz1z0tbRHJZ

If Eevee doesn't give you 3 points, Nengeni, I will probably slap her.

Answer:

What makes people think it is super healthy because the word yogurt is in it's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back