Finished Trivia of DNA I - Xdogking, a winner is you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Seeing as there is no trivia thread right now in the Game Corner, I feel as if it's a good time to start one. My trivia has been widely popular on other small sites I've gone to (one of them has finished six installments of it), and if it's popular on Pokebeach as it is other places, I may continue it.

Here are the rules.

DNA's Rules said:
1. Obviously, forum rules do apply. Obey them or else.
2. Questions are generally worth 3 points apiece. Questions may be divided into multiple parts, with certain amount of points for each part answered correctly. Most of the questions will be Pokemon-based, though I may throw in one or two oddballs every now and again.
3. There is no 3.
4. The aim of the game is to be the first to get 75 points, upon which the game will end. If there aren't a lot of answers, I may reduce this number. But since Pokebeach is pretty big, this probably won't be likely. (For those doing the math, it's basically the first person to answer 25 questions correctly.)
5. The 3 points for the question will go to the first person to answer it correctly. If a person only got one part of the question right, later posters are free to fill in the rest, and they will be awarded points at my discretion. (If it turns out that there are more answers to a question than I had given, and you give me an answer that is also correct, you will be credited. Maybe.)
6. If no one has answered the question within a prolonged period of time, I will post a new question to hasten the pace. The old question will be annulled.
7. Looking at informational sites to find answers is strictly forbidden, unless I expressly say you can. But don't count on it. If I find out you are, you will be removed from the game and possibly future trivias as well.
8. If you guess a question once, you may not retry the same question, unless I specifically say you can.
9. Because of this, you are not allowed to edit your posts at all. If you do, you will suffer a point penalty, most likely -2 points. Repeated infractions will make you ineligible to play in this game.
10. The winner of this quiz may receive either an avatar or a banner made by me. I might keep this prize up, but odds are I'll keep it around.

11. If you want, you can submit a question yourself to be used in this trivia. To do so, PM me or find me on the chat and let me know the question in private (as well as the answer). I may accept your question. I usually like accepting more off-the-wall questions or ones that require a lot more thought. However, if you give me a question, and I use it, you may not answer for that particular question (because, well, you know the answer already). I will announce your name when I give the question if that is the case.

Here is your first question:
Out of all the Pokemon with a base Sp. Attack stat of 135, which one is the fastest?

RE: Trivia of DNA I

@Chillarmy: No, you can't. So go by memory.

As for the question, the correct answer is Darkrai - it's got a base speed of 125, higher than Alakazam's 120. Out of all the other Pokemon mentioned, none of them have 135 base Sp. Atk (Deoxys-A has 150, and Deoxys-S is somewhere around 95).

Yoshidude - 3
Everyone else - 0

What do Tyranitar, Empoleon, and Shedinja all have in common?

They are all immune to a type classified as {P} in the TCG (Tyranitar and Shedinja - Psychic, Empoleon - Poison).

I'm guessing oyeah is right, but I might as well try.

All of them have different dual typings than the rest of their family?
This was close.
They all can learn Metal Claw?
This I'm pretty sure is wrong, unless someone can prove to me that Shedinja learns Metal Claw. Edit: Okay, Nincada gets it at 38. But still, not quite the answer I'm looking for.
They are all immune to a type classified as {P} in the TCG
That can be considered right but it's not the answer I'm looking for.

I'll give Oyeah, Xdogking, and Snivy 1 point each. The rest of you are free to guess what the reason I want is.

@Batui: that's a bit too obvious. No points for you.
Try thinking harder. If you guys don't get it after a few guesses I'll post the answer.

I think I figured it out, but I can't Post it because I already guessed, right?

That's correct, sir. You're only allowed 1 guess per question unless I say otherwise.

Their dual typings are the only unique ones? (No other Pokemon is Rock/Dark, Water/Steel, and Bug/Ghost, if I remember correctly.)

I think the answer is that they each have a type that was introduced after generation one.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
I think the answer is that they each have a type that was introduced after generation one.

Both Bug and Ghost were introduced in Gen1...

Zyflair said:
Their dual typings are the only unique ones? (No other Pokemon is Rock/Dark, Water/Steel, and Bug/Ghost, if I remember correctly.)
Thank you; that's what I wanted to hear.

Zyflair - 3
Yoshidude - 3
Xdogking - 1
Snivylover555 - 1
oyeah1988 - 1
Everyone else - 0

~~~~

For this next question, assume that no held items are in play and no abilities have been altered. Look at the following situations:

A Reuniclus dying to poison damage
A Mandibuzz that doesn't take damage from Sandstorm
A Delcatty using Thunder Wave on a Rhyperior successfully
A Yanma finding out that its opponent is holding an Exp. Share
An Electivire that doesn't get affected by Spore
An Aron using Endeavor and having its ability immediately changed to Mummy
A Spiritomb taking super-effective damage from a Reversal

Out of those possible scenarios, exactly ONE of them cannot happen under the conditions I gave. Tell me which one, and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back