Translations for New Cards: Electivire, Dusknoir,Lunatone,Ether,Scizor!

The only way to search the main attacker is through Ultra Ball, or Communication, Dusknoir can be searched through Level Ball (Basic and possibly Stage 1) and Heavy Ball, but is a Stage 2 that is weak to the most played EX in the format, and if Darkrai EX should come into play, then you would lose two prizes unless Kyurem was Eviolited, which is a very bad idea since it makes it harder to spam Kyurem without Exp. Share. All of the Techs can be searched via Level Ball, but there is limited room for that much search without Junk Arm. Even with Musharna.once Kyurem and Terrakion are gone, you are left with nothing to do but scoop. And spamming four basics without Energy excel and revive, even with the Terrakion tech, you need even more help because of the fighting energy.

The only speed it has is through an unreliable energy excel that is very hit or miss, and is very limited, or the draw power of Musharna, who is a target tech.

Attack power only counts if the one you are attacking goes down before you do. Kyurem is just another dragon, and we have a ton of cards that can OHKO the dragons with a plus power. If you tech in a Cobalion into your deck, you can OHKO Kyurem, Zekrom needs a plus power, Darkrai can Catcher around it, Terrakion has a favorable matchup if you attack first, Mewtwo needs three energy and a plus power, or just four energy. Even Blaziken can OHKO it. The fast that it doesn't have the speed to constantly Glaciate is what this deck has a problem with. You'll attack with outrage more than Glaciate.

Darkrai is the most played EX in the format? Since when? Since EVERYONE played it at BRs?

And you assume Darkrai is the most played EX in the format that Dusknoir is in. This could very well be wrong. There's no actual way to count a card's playability until it hits.

When Mewtwo EX came out, everyone had two copies in their deck, when Darkrai EX cam out, less people needed Mewtwo EX because the top decks all involved Darkrai EX, save Zekeels. Mewtwo and Darkrai are the most played, but Darkrai is the more played. Darkrai>Mewtwo>Tornadus, the top three played EX's.

This whole thread is based off assumptions.>_>

Emopanda133 said:
The only way to search the main attacker is through Ultra Ball, or Communication, Dusknoir can be searched through Level Ball (Basic and possibly Stage 1) and Heavy Ball, but is a Stage 2 that is weak to the most played EX in the format, and if Darkrai EX should come into play, then you would lose two prizes unless Kyurem was Eviolited, which is a very bad idea since it makes it harder to spam Kyurem without Exp. Share. All of the Techs can be searched via Level Ball, but there is limited room for that much search without Junk Arm. Even with Musharna.once Kyurem and Terrakion are gone, you are left with nothing to do but scoop. And spamming four basics without Energy excel and revive, even with the Terrakion tech, you need even more help because of the fighting energy.

The only speed it has is through an unreliable energy excel that is very hit or miss, and is very limited, or the draw power of Musharna, who is a target tech.

Attack power only counts if the one you are attacking goes down before you do. Kyurem is just another dragon, and we have a ton of cards that can OHKO the dragons with a plus power. If you tech in a Cobalion into your deck, you can OHKO Kyurem, Zekrom needs a plus power, Darkrai can Catcher around it, Terrakion has a favorable matchup if you attack first, Mewtwo needs three energy and a plus power, or just four energy. Even Blaziken can OHKO it. The fast that it doesn't have the speed to constantly Glaciate is what this deck has a problem with. You'll attack with outrage more than Glaciate.

There are quite a few things wrong with this statement. First of all, next format, no Darkrai decks run Darkness Claw (Eviolite is vital to survive a hit from Terrakion) and next to none of them run PlusPower either because there is no room in the decklist. Meanwhile, Kyurem 1-2HKOs Darkrai for 2 prizes while Darkrai takes 3 turns and a Catcher to KO 2 Kyurems. Tell my how that is advantageous for Darkrai in any way.

"or the draw power of Musharna, who is a target tech. "

This sentence makes me wonder if you know what tech even means. A tech is a card added to make a less favorable matchup more favorable. Musharna is not a tech. Musharna is a draw engine, which is totally different. Musharna is also just a stage 1 with no energy requirement. Its very easy to set up, and if your opponent wastes a turn KOing it, that's an extra turn to charge a benched Kyurem and get a free Glaciate off.

Nobody techs or will tech Cobalion unless this deck turns out to be BDIF anyway. Cobalion is dead space against every other matchup, a poor starter, requires metal energy which absolutely no deck in the format runs, etc. Terrakion requires the same amount of energy as Kyurem to attack first so you can't guarantee that it will do that, and if it does attack first then the Kyurem player only needs to Outrage every turn, making their energy requirements easier to meet and therefore they will likely have more consistency throughout the march. Getting four energy on a Mewtwo is difficult, considering that no decks actually run Mewtwo next format, and that it can be OHKOed by a damage moved Glaciate for 2 prizes and four turns of energy attachments. Blaziken is just a terrible tier 2 deck that nobody competitive will run. Even if they do, it is vastly easier for Kyurem to get off hits before Blaziken can get up and running, and the damage from Glaciate, especially one hitting the active for weakness, will just rip through a Blaziken deck, KOing a Blaziken and a benched Torchic in one turn, or you can drop 2 Torchic to low enough HP to be KOed by the next Glaciate, since I can guarantee that when a stage 2 main attacker that requires 3 energy goes down on the third turn, the Blaziken deck will NOT be able to attack with another for several turns, especially with Kyurem killing all of its unevolved forms. I haven't tested it so I can't say how consistent it is, but then again neither can you so....

How in the world does Kyurem 1-2HKO Darkrai EX? Even with Outrage, Kyurem 2HKO's Darkrai, after getting hit once, which means you'll never get that second hit. And with Dusknoir, your opponent MUST have 6 Pokemon to OHKO it, if Darkrai is Eviolited, OHKO is impossible. And I have never played against a Darkrai Variant, unless they play Zoroark, that has a full bench. And once you take out Dusknoir, Kyruem becomes very unfavorable to use, and Terrakion techs, Tornadus EX with an Eviolite will wreck Terrakion.

Blaziken is not a bad deck, I play it, and it may not be BDIF, but it is still very good. Once turn three hits, you are OHKOing Kyurem every turn, and even if you go second, there is no way for Kyurem to OHKO Blaziken berfore it gets OHKO'd itself. Granite, the next turn Dusknoir can probably OHKO Blaziken by damage swapping, but if it doesn't, you're toast, literally.

Emopanda133 said:
GarTaria has search power, speed, and attack power. It is a very solid and amazing Stage 2 deck, this one however, is not.

You do realize that GarTaria uses a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 while Dusknoir/Kyurem uses a Stage 2 and a basic?
In GarTaria, Altaria doesn't attack. In Dusknoir/Kyurem, Dusknoir doesn't attack.
Altaria can be Catchered and OHKOd just as easily as Dusknoir.

Couldnt you run a Kyogre/Terrakion/Dusknoir deck? Automativ 2 hit ko on everything. Darkrai is probably better, 120 a turn instead of 100. Does anything else hit harder without a really bad side-effect?

olimar1023 said:
I'm not going to use Musharna in mine, just another basic: Lunatone.

This works too. Also note that Musharna is draw alone-its not needed for the general damage output, unlike Altaria. Also, there are some serious flaws in your argument of Blaziken vs. Kyurem. As soon as the Blaziken KOs the first Kyurem, the Dusknoir shifts the damage to KO the Blaziken as well, and now you're down a stage 2 and 3 energy while the Kyurem Dusknoir player is down a basic and three energy. Also, the Blaziken player will likely still have damage on his field, especially since Kyurem was likely using Outrage turn 2 and possibly 1 if they use DCE. Then, they can swarm attackers far faster than you, also getting more damage on your field to KO any Torchics you drop too. In the end, the Blaziken player doesn't stand a chance.

Dark Void said:
This works too. Also note that Musharna is draw alone-its not needed for the general damage output, unlike Altaria. Also, there are some serious flaws in your argument of Blaziken vs. Kyurem. As soon as the Blaziken KOs the first Kyurem, the Dusknoir shifts the damage to KO the Blaziken as well, and now you're down a stage 2 and 3 energy while the Kyurem Dusknoir player is down a basic and three energy. Also, the Blaziken player will likely still have damage on his field, especially since Kyurem was likely using Outrage turn 2 and possibly 1 if they use DCE. Then, they can swarm attackers far faster than you, also getting more damage on your field to KO any Torchics you drop too. In the end, the Blaziken player doesn't stand a chance.

I would never attack Kyurem with Blaziken's first attack, it's suicide. If I go first, I'd take about 40 damage from the T2 Outrage, than I'd OHKO Kyurem. Then just keep OHKOing them all day. Going second is worst-case-scenario.

Yeah going second is a worst case scenario with a whooping 50% chance (75% if you were me ^^)... a worst case scenario with such a huge chance of happening is never a good thing sir...
However, I don't think that Blaziken will be any problem for Kyurem at all, weakness and being Stage 2 is just to much for it. And if you won't attack Kyurem why they should Outrage you? They can just put an Eviolite (which will be in this deck definitely) on Kyurem and build up the Glaciate with standard attachment and Ether.

However: I love how Ether gives a chance to any deck to be made, because it is playable with nearly every deck that has no Energy acceleration yet...
Dusknoir will be played for sure and I think that Flygon/Dusknoir and Kyurem/Dusknoir both will have a pretty decent chance to become Tier 2 or better.
Electivire isn't great, Lunatone is nice, but I think that Musharna and Pokedex are way better with Ether.
Escape Rope = AWESOME finally no more switch and the possibility to do additional disruption...
Skyla is okay I think, but draw supporter give me the chance of getting certain items and other useful cards in one card, so i will prefer them...

Blaziken is a horrible card and I don't understand why people play it. It does essentially what a Zekrom with a Plus Power does in a Stage 2 with not great typing. It will be horrible against Kyurem since with Eviolite, it can't OHKO and it will easily get OHKO'ed back with Outrage if you attack into it, and if you Catcher around it, that just means more Glaciates building up the damage on your field.

Here are all the cards and translations:

Dragons Exalted/Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragons_Exalted_(TCG)

Dragon Selection:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Selection_(TCG)

I think Flygon/Dusknoir.
You can hit for 80 spread damge and paralize on the same turn. If there was fighting/grass energy acceleration would be perfect. Hit for 80 and then spread. Next turn you just move the damage to 1 or 2 pokemon to KO. The defending pokemon couldn't hit flygon. Then repeat. (If there is acceleration)

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
I think Flygon/Dusknoir.
You can hit for 80 spread damge and paralize on the same turn. If there was fighting/grass energy acceleration would be perfect. Hit for 80 and then spread. Next turn you just move the damage to 1 or 2 pokemon to KO. The defending pokemon couldn't hit flygon. Then repeat. (If there is acceleration)

We have Terrakion EX for fighting acceleration, which could maybe fit.

If Flygon sees play, it won't be because of it's attack. It will likely be used with Max Potion, no energy and tons of disruption.

Actually, going to call this now. Solrock will be released in this set and, in combination with Lunatone, it will create a good draw engine. Because let's face it, the game kind of needs something better than Musharna right now.

Back