Translations for New Cards: Electivire, Dusknoir,Lunatone,Ether,Scizor!

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
180px-DusknoirColdFlare26.jpg

Ability:As often as you like during your turn, before your attack, you may move 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon to another of his or her Pokémon.

{P}{C}{C}{C} Shadow Punch: 60
This attack's damage is not affected by Resistance.

Weakness: {D}x2 Resistance: None Retreat:{C}{C}{C}

180px-ElectivireColdFlare21.jpg

{L}{C}{C} Electric Wave
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

{L}{C}{C}{C} Shock Wave 80
This attack's damage is not affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Weakness: {F}x2 Resistance: None Retreat: {C}{C}{C}

LunatoneFreezeBolt.jpg

Ability: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at the top 2 cards in your deck. Put them back on top of your deck in any order.

{F}{C} Rock Throw 30

Weakness: {G}x2 Resistance: None Retreat: {C}{C}{C}

Scizor (No scan) Metal Type 130 HP

{C}{C} Ore Ironwork 40
During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon-EX.

{M}{C}{C} Slashing Strike 100
This Pokémon can't use Slashing Strike during your next turn.

Weakness: {R}x2 Resistance: {P}-20 Retreat: {C}{C}

Ether (no scan) Trainer Item

Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a basic Energy card, attach it to one of your Pokémon. If it is not a basic Energy card, return it to the top of your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

No information on which set each card is from has been released yet.

Dusknoir + Kyurem + Darkrai = new BDIF. nuff said.

Electivire and Scizor are disappointingly bad, and don't do anything particularly interesting.

Lunatone + Ether could be nice energy accel in Terrakion or Garchomp or Terrakion + Mewtwo EXes

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skyla_from_Cold_Flare,_Escape_Rope_from_Freeze_Bolt_revealed

Kyurem/Dusknoir seems like a decent deck but not exactly game-breaking...unless the opponent plays six benched Pokemon... mwahaha.

All the other cards are bad but Escape Rope is just going to make up for that. Warp Point is back.

Puff said:
Oh, that is nice. Pokebeach, Y so slow?

Probably because Black 2 White 2? Those are prettttty big lol.

Ether is interesting. You basically reveal it and it stays on top of the deck which could impact whether your opponent wants to play N and not have you draw it. I like the potential. I like the Curse Dusknoir too but I'm not seeing the awesome possibilities with it yet besides Kyurem (and even then I don't know how viable that would be).

dmaster out.

Ether has potential to be a nice energy acceleration matched with Musharna and/or Lunatone. I could see Kyurem/Dusknoir/Musharna/Lunatone/Ether working very nicely to power up Kyurems. It would probably also need EXP Share to keep energies flowing on Kyurems.

I just noticed Dusknoir says as often as you like during your turn... Oh man. That card is going to be really awesome. Kyurem seems like a weak option, but I can't think of anything better right now. I'm sure someone will find a killer combo with it eventually. I think it would be best teched into something that can deal 100 + to the active consistently. I'm kinda liking the idea of Dusknoir with Dark Claw Darkrai, 110 to the active, and 30 to the bench. 140 damage to move about every turn.

Ether is a cool form of energy acceleration, I doubt it will see much play though. Even with something like Lunatone, you won't get an energy a large amount of the time, ultimately wasting deck space. It could definitely help Terrakion EX though.

Vulpix Yolk said:
I just noticed Dusknoir says as often as you like during your turn... Oh man. That card is going to be really awesome. Kyurem seems like a weak option, but I can't think of anything better right now. I'm sure someone will find a killer combo with it eventually. I think it would be best teched into something that can deal 100 + to the active consistently. I'm kinda liking the idea of Dusknoir with Dark Claw Darkrai, 110 to the active, and 30 to the bench. 140 damage to move about every turn.

Ether is a cool form of energy acceleration, I doubt it will see much play though. Even with something like Lunatone, you won't get an energy a large amount of the time, ultimately wasting deck space. It could definitely help Terrakion EX though.

Dusknoir could be used with Flygon instead of Kyurem. The one that spreads 10 damage between turns when it's active. I know it seems extremely slow with 2 stage 2's, but it has some things going for it.

FIrst of all, it would run no energies. This leaves 12-14 spaces for consistency for streaming Flygons, Hammers to extend Flygon's survivability, and Rescue Scarfs to recover Flygons. Also, it can use Max Potion extremely well.

It won't work perfectly because Flygon can potentially be OHKO'ed by dragons, and Dusknoir can be OHKO'ed by Darkrai EX. It will be a fun little deck if not a competitive choice.

I think Dusknoir will see play with Registeel EX or Kyurem NV, it's Ability is just too good to pass up. Though I would personally go with Dusknoir + Registeel EX + Terrakion. (Terrakion is to counter Darkrai, Registeel uses any kind of Energy for Triple Laser (Fighting in this case) and all your Pokemon are searchable with the Ball Engine)

EDIT: Also play DCE for Registeel.

Hmm, Flygon+Dusknoir is nice. I just noticed that Dusknoir gives anything snipe, which could be nice. Mewtwo/Gardevoir/Dusknoir anyone?

Go go go Dusknoir :D

WHY THEY ALWAYS MAKE ELECTIVIRE BAD!?
Love the artwork though, Dusknoir is cool. Funny how Dusknoir always has some kind of spread power/ability. Darkness Mist, Ectoplasm, this.

I kinda like Lunatone for next format since we're limited to a small number of supporters and it helps decide if Cheren is a good play during a turn. Musharna is clearly better, but it's a Stage One unlike Lunatone making it a little slower.

Your Master said:
registeel ex is potentially a faster kyurem but only does 30 to 3 pokes

But the big difference is that Registeel is faster, also Kyurem doesn't have as much HP, can't use Terrakion and gets 1HKOed more often. The only flaws Registeel has are Fire Weakness and only hitting 3 Pokemon.

I'm not saying that Kyurem/Dusknoir won't see play, I'm just saying that Registeel/Dusknoir will see more play than Kyurem/Dusknoir.

Brave Vesperia said:
But the big difference is that Registeel is faster, also Kyurem doesn't have as much HP, can't use Terrakion and gets 1HKOed more often. The only flaws Registeel has are Fire Weakness and only hitting 3 Pokemon.

I'm not saying that Kyurem/Dusknoir won't see play, I'm just saying that Registeel/Dusknoir will see more play than Kyurem/Dusknoir.

Registeel/Dusknoir will not see any play. Compared to Kyurem/Dusknoir, its flat out terrible. First of all, its not very much faster as it relies on an unsearchable special energy to set up faster-if it doesn't get that, its the same speed as Kyurem. Kyurem can also use Ether will Lunatone and/or Musharna to possibly get off the turn 1 Glaciate (I'm not saying its going to happen every game, but it is definitely possible). Kyurem gets OHKOed more often? This is not always true and note that Registeel is an EX-the opponent has to average 90 damage per turn to get 2 prizes in 2 turns off of Registeel and 130 damage per turn to get 2 prizes in 2 turns off of Kyurem. 90 is a very big number this format, by the way. Darkrai is huge and guess what, he hits 90 damage. In fact, 130 is a great number because it means that Darkrai can't even get 2 prizes in 2 turns off of Kyurem with a Catcher-it needs either 2 PlusPowers or a Darkness Claw to do, and Darkness Claw is not very common in Darkrai decks, and there are some that don't run PlusPower as well.

Note also that Kyurem has a useable other move-in fact, a very good one. Registeel's other move is useless. One Kyurem can actually be more trouble to KO than one Registeel, in fact, because of Outrage. To get 2 prizes by turn 3, Garchomp/Altaria, another very important deck next format, needs only a t2 Mach Cut and t3 Dragonblade+1 Altaria or t2 Dragonblade t3 Dragonblade. To get 2 prizes off of Kyurem by turn 3 it needs to get Dragonblade+2 Altaria (and a third if Kyurem has Eviolite) by turn 2-which practically never happens. Indeed, Kyurem can actually be harder to KO because of Outrage-should Garchomp hit Kyurem turn 2 and fail to KO it (very likely) it can get Outraged back for a lot of damage.

Now add this to the fact that Kyurem is ALWAYS dealing the same amount or more damage as Registeel, often 60 more! 90 damage a turn is flat out terrible by the late game, not even 2HKOing an EX with Potion. 150 on the other hand is KOing an EX in two turns unless they can pull out 4 Potions (hah) and is also setting up other KOs. 150 per turn is usually enough to KO 2 EXes in 3 turns for 4 prizes. In fact, 90 damage is just what Terrakion does anyway-why even bother including Registeel in the deck? Its clunky, ruins consistency. gives up prizes easier, etc. You're better off just running Terranoir if you just want a 90 snipe. No matter how hard you try, Registeel is still useless.

Back