Tier List For Cities

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
QWERTY DITTO said:
The thing about rayeels is it is SOOOO vulnerable without it's eels. If you take all of their eels out, they practically loose.

Glace said:
RayEels can barely win with 1-2 Eels out.

OK, yeah, it's can't really win with just 1-2 Eels. But it's definitely not unwinnable, I'm 2-0 against it so far, I know that's not much, but if there's any theorymoners out there claiming it's unwinnable or it ruins the deck (not pointing any fingers or anything, just letting them know if they ARE out there, that people with more experience probably know a bit more then they do), it's not. But that doesn't change the fact that it's ONE MATCH UP. Everyone said the same thing about RayEels vs Garchomp when Garchomp was hyped and look what happened there.

Blaztoyz said:
I think eels has seen its good days (cities '11-12 - regionals '12-13), but good decks can easily become bad. eelzone, cmt, zpst, reshiphlosion, stage 1s, etc. right now, i think its the end of eel variants no matter what

What other then Landorus is a problem for Eels? Also CMT was never really bad. Compared to what happened to other deck during the HS-DEX format, CMT did pretty well considering.

Daddy

Follow Me On Twitter @robby_weidemann
Machamp the Champion said:
QWERTY DITTO said:
The thing about rayeels is it is SOOOO vulnerable without it's eels. If you take all of their eels out, they practically loose.

Glace said:
RayEels can barely win with 1-2 Eels out.

OK, yeah, it's can't really win with just 1-2 Eels. But it's definitely not unwinnable, I'm 2-0 against it so far, I know that's not much, but if there's any theorymoners out there claiming it's unwinnable or it ruins the deck (not pointing any fingers or anything, just letting them know if they ARE out there, that people with more experience probably know a bit more then they do), it's not. But that doesn't change the fact that it's ONE MATCH UP. Everyone said the same thing about RayEels vs Garchomp when Garchomp was hyped and look what happened there.

Blaztoyz said:
I think eels has seen its good days (cities '11-12 - regionals '12-13), but good decks can easily become bad. eelzone, cmt, zpst, reshiphlosion, stage 1s, etc. right now, i think its the end of eel variants no matter what

What other then Landorus is a problem for Eels? Also CMT was never really bad. Compared to what happened to other deck during the HS-DEX format, CMT did pretty well considering.

decks with more speed then it. ie darkrai varints

Smeargle

Blaztoyz said:
QWERTY DITTO said:
I don't agree that it's the absolute END to eels, just this format is not the format for them.

if this format is not the fomat for them, then when will it be? landorus is brand new, and will be around even after the rotation of eelekrik, i dont think they will be good again with him being around
If lugia EX were to become big, lightning type pokemon will be a strong anti-meta, and people will use eels then. Also, lugia EX is resistant to fighting, making it also a possible counter to landorus EX, also, you only need to KO 2 landorus EX with lugia EX to win the game. Assuming eels hasn't been rotated when thundurus EX comes out, that will make eels better, too. We can't really decide if a card is completely dead forever until we know more stuff that will come out.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Blaztoyz said:
its the end of eel variants no matter what

[img=200x200]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gPq9e5IaEAE/T7H573HEA-I/AAAAAAAAAHo/GI6iyFo9Pv0/s1600/end+of+world+21+december+2012+nibiru+collision+with+earth.jpg[/img]

Except with Eelektrik.

Won't that Stadium take away Lugia's weakness?

Smeargle

Glace said:
Blaztoyz said:
its the end of eel variants no matter what

[img=200x200]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gPq9e5IaEAE/T7H573HEA-I/AAAAAAAAAHo/GI6iyFo9Pv0/s1600/end+of+world+21+december+2012+nibiru+collision+with+earth.jpg[/img]

Except with Eelektrik.

Won't that Stadium take away Lugia's weakness?
If it has a plasma energy attached it will, but because you have to discard 1 to attack it might not always.

Daddy

QWERTY DITTO said:
Blaztoyz said:
i dont think they will be good again with him being around
right there^, in post #20

dosent mean theyre dead forever, they just wont be as good and powerful as they were

Daddy

that meaning i dont think they will be as good as they were... now you are just twisting my words

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I think Quad Ray ex will be a good deck due to being able to kill anything while Garchomp wont see play

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp the Champion said:
Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, that barely ever happens. I've only ever gotten one turn 1 Ho-oh, and that's with a DCE and 2 other energy, and never a turn 1 Tornadus EX. That's around 6 very specific cards including a coin flip. Maybe it's just my build or your build or your build or something.

14 games Philly Regionals. Turn one 100 damage in 8 of those games. Turn one 80 in 3. 11/14 games is quite a majority. I didn't count the rest of my season, but a majority of games I have gotten 3 Ho-oh and 3 energy in the discard turn 1. It's not only very possible, but very easy.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I also dont think Landorus will see as much play as people are saying because Keldeo/Blastoise totally destroys it and I think Keldeo/Blastoise will be the most played deck so I think Landorus is overrated. Thoughts?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Dweaver said:
I also dont think Landorus will see as much play as people are saying because Keldeo/Blastoise totally destroys it and I think Keldeo/Blastoise will be the most played deck so I think Landorus is overrated. Thoughts?
Keldeo/Blastoise is a really bad deck. It will be hyped and used everywhere for Cities but then, maybe around Winter Regionals, people will realize how bad and inconsistant it is. It's just like ReshiBoar, which is really inconsistant, the only up side is Keldeo's Ability. While the down side is how most people can tech in Shaymin EX to counter Terrakion, and now Shaymin can also be used against Keldeo.
Landorus on the other hand, is fast and reliable. And can put early pressure on any deck, Darkrai and Eels in particular.

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
Keeper of Night said:
Dweaver said:
Keldeo/Blastoise is a really bad deck. It will be hyped and used everywhere for Cities but then, maybe around Winter Regionals, people will realize how bad and inconsistant it is. It's just like ReshiBoar, which is really inconsistant, the only up side is Keldeo's Ability. While the down side is how most people can tech in Shaymin EX to counter Terrakion, and now Shaymin can also be used against Keldeo.
Landorus on the other hand, is fast and reliable. And can put early pressure on any deck, Darkrai and Eels in particular.

I totally agree about Blastoise/Keldeo. It may not be BAD, but it is definitely not as good as people are hyping it to be and Darkrai EX Variants + Eel Variants are infinitely better than it. But I don't think Landorus puts that much pressure on Darkrai decks that aren't Darkrai/Hydreigon.

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
After some testing with Keldeo/Blastoise,it holds its own ageinst Darkrai and can do enough damage for KO's. Also another factor going for it is Squirtles ability-Without catcher theres a bigger chance of getting Blastoise out.It is abit over hyped,but it is good.If Landorus gets played then Keldeo murders it.

CrystalEyeMonster

Aspiring Trainer
Dweaver said:

Landorus would be played, but only early game. You can't have it has a main attacker, it's second attack isn't even good unless you have pluspower.