Garbodor
Blastoise Keldeo
Ho-oh
Empoleon

T3-
Garchomp variants

Thoughts? Missing any?

QWERTY DITTO said:
Ho-oh should be teir 2 and blastoise Keldeo tier 2 also in my opinion.

this is just a guess due to the fact that we havent had cities results yet.

Blaztoyz said:
QWERTY DITTO said:
Ho-oh should be teir 2 and blastoise Keldeo tier 2 also in my opinion.

this is just a guess due to the fact that we havent had cities results yet.
I know and I agree with the list but from my testing those should change in my opinion.

WTF!! Zekeels, tier 2?!?!?!? Ho-Oh Tiers 3?!?!?!

kk, well that's wrong wrong wrong wrong. For you see I shall explain. Zekeels, has the speed, and the power to compete in this meta, even with Lando EX. It's just another Terrakion, and it does get 2HKO'D by Zekrom or Raikou, while only KO'ing one of them (this is assuming no catcher or cheap moves). That alone keeps it in, the prize exchange for Lando EX is really costly. Don't get me wrong, Lando/Terrakion/Mewtwo is a great deck, and Tier one, it's just that Zekeels keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Ho-Oh is definately not tier 1, that's not my arguement. It's not tier 3 either, this deck has more speed that Zekeels, and gets such early pressure, that most people cannot contend. It's really easy for it to get donks and such;
T1 Opening hand; Ho-Oh EX, Attacker (Tornadus EX, Registeel EX, Mewtwo EX, or Terrakion), Double Colorless Energy (DCE) Energy, Energy, Energy Switch, Ultra Ball.
Place attacker on active spot: (For this example I'm gonna use Tornadus EX)
Attach DCE to Tornadus EX
Play Ultra Ball, discard Ho Oh EX, and Energy
Search your deck for a Terrakion
Place Terrakion on bench
Attach energy
Re-Birth flip (lucky heads)
Energy Switch, to Tornadus
Power Blast

Then you can go one more time if you flip tails because of the energy in your hand. At this point it doesn't matter if they play N because you have tons of energy in this deck, and all you need is a Fighting one for Terrakion, and any of them for Tornadus EX. Now explain to me how you can contend to this 100 dmg first turn? Most people awnser, get unlucky flips, well that doesn't happen often. You can also keep Ho Oh of the field by playing Super Scoop Up. As you see even with Keldeo EX and water types in the format, Ho Oh still keeps up with the meta.

eels is definetly not tier 1 anymore, as much as i loved it. its hard to say and admit it, but it just CAN NOT compete and keep up with the speed of other decks and losing pokemon by at least turn 2. its just not possible

and if you are playing zekrom, the deck is already bad...

Wait What?!?!?!? Zekrom is bad.... when did this happen. You should run 2 Zekrom and 3 Raikou, cutting out Zekrom makes it Raieels.

Martini said:
Wait What?!?!?!? Zekrom is bad.... when did this happen. You should run 2 Zekrom and 3 Raikou, cutting out Zekrom makes it Raieels.
Rayeels is better than zekeels though...

Darkrai/Hydriegon should be tier 1 IMO in my testing.

zekeels hasnt been good since worlds or maybe even nats...

Martini said:

Zekrom is bad. 3 Raikou is overkill.

Mewtwo Eels was ok, (much better than ZekEels) but Landy slaughters it.

This is how zekeels vs Landorus varient works:
Landorus player: T1 kill tynamo while setting up a ko on another one
Zekeels player: Search out more tynamos
Landorus player: Get a double kill on tynamos
Zekeels payer: Outrages and gets 1 eel out
Landorus player: catcher kills the eel
Zekeels player: uses bolt strike:
Landorus player: kills zekrom
Zekeel player: can't get anything set up
Landorus player: takes last prize on anything

Martini said:

kk, well that's wrong wrong wrong wrong. For you see I shall explain. Zekeels, has the speed, and the power to compete in this meta, even with Lando EX. It's just another Terrakion, and it does get 2HKO'D by Zekrom or Raikou, while only KO'ing one of them (this is assuming no catcher or cheap moves). That alone keeps it in, the prize exchange for Lando EX is really costly. Don't get me wrong, Lando/Terrakion/Mewtwo is a great deck, and Tier one, it's just that Zekeels keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Ho-Oh is definately not tier 1, that's not my arguement. It's not tier 3 either, this deck has more speed that Zekeels, and gets such early pressure, that most people cannot contend. It's really easy for it to get donks and such;
T1 Opening hand; Ho-Oh EX, Attacker (Tornadus EX, Registeel EX, Mewtwo EX, or Terrakion), Double Colorless Energy (DCE) Energy, Energy, Energy Switch, Ultra Ball.
Place Terrakion on bench
Attach energy
Power Blast

Then you can go one more time if you flip tails because of the energy in your hand. At this point it doesn't matter if they play N because you have tons of energy in this deck, and all you need is a Fighting one for Terrakion, and any of them for Tornadus EX. Now explain to me how you can contend to this 100 dmg first turn? Most people awnser, get unlucky flips, well that doesn't happen often. You can also keep Ho Oh of the field by playing Super Scoop Up. As you see even with Keldeo EX and water types in the format, Ho Oh still keeps up with the meta.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, that barely ever happens. I've only ever gotten one turn 1 Ho-oh, and that's with a DCE and 2 other energy, and never a turn 1 Tornadus EX. That's around 6 very specific cards including a coin flip. Maybe it's just my build or your build or your build or something.

On the Eels matter, I'd say tier 1, if not 1.5. First of all, one bad match up is not the end of the world for any deck (as in, Darkrai has a very bad match up to Terrakion decks, and was 7 of the top 8 at worlds). Second, Rayeels, Mewtwo/Eels and ZekEels are very different decks. Zekrom is bad, just sayin'. Mewtwo Eels can stuff a Tornadus EX or 2 in there to deal with Landorus, Rayeels can also kinda, it seems to be working in my testing. Mewtwo/Eels tier 1, RayEels tier 1. ZekEels shouldn't even be a deck really. That my voice on the matter.

I haven't played much against Landorus/Fighting decks with it, but in the... 2 games, I've played the match up. They run out of Catchers very early to take out things they want, and Eels more powerful attackers that aren't weak to fighting just take out the Landorus' pretty quickly after they run out of catchers. They may have been a little unfamiliar with the deck, since they were for some reason just sticking with Hammerhead and not bothering with Land's Judgement until they really needed to, and often were stuck using Terrakion EX.

QWERTY DITTO said:

That's why Zekrom is bad, RayEels and Mewtwo/Eels either get a T1 Rayquaza DV, Mewtwo or Tornadus EX and put up a fight against it. The DCE users will 3 shot it, and the Rayquaza might be able to get something going behind it to get the 3 shot. Also, that's 3 catcher (assuming they don't start with Tynamo), hope you like your late game sucking, assuming that scenario doesn't stop on "get a prize on anything".

Also, I think you forgot Empoleon. You can say what you want about it, but it's definitely not worse then Garchomp. I'd say tier 2.

Machamp the Champion said:
Martini said:

Place Terrakion on bench
Attach energy
Power Blast

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, that barely ever happens. I've only ever gotten one turn 1 Ho-oh, and that's with a DCE and 2 other energy, and never a turn 1 Tornadus EX. That's around 6 very specific cards including a coin flip. Maybe it's just my build or your build or your build or something.

On the Eels matter, I'd say tier 1, if not 1.5. First of all, one bad match up is not the end of the world for any deck (as in, Darkrai has a very bad match up to Terrakion decks, and was 7 of the top 8 at worlds). Second, Rayeels, Mewtwo/Eels and ZekEels are very different decks. Zekrom is bad, just sayin'. Mewtwo Eels can stuff a Tornadus EX or 2 in there to deal with Landorus, Rayeels can also kinda, it seems to be working in my testing. Mewtwo/Eels tier 1, RayEels tier 1. ZekEels shouldn't even be a deck really. That my voice on the matter.

I haven't played much against Landorus/Fighting decks with it, but in the... 2 games, I've played the match up. They run out of Catchers very early to take out things they want, and Eels more powerful attackers that aren't weak to fighting just take out the Landorus' pretty quickly after they run out of catchers. They may have been a little unfamiliar with the deck, since they were for some reason just sticking with Hammerhead and not bothering with Land's Judgement until they really needed to, and often were stuck using Terrakion EX.

QWERTY DITTO said:

That's why Zekrom is bad, RayEels and Mewtwo/Eels either get a T1 Rayquaza DV, Mewtwo or Tornadus EX and put up a fight against it. The DCE users will 3 shot it, and the Rayquaza might be able to get something going behind it to get the 3 shot. Also, that's 3 catcher (assuming they don't start with Tynamo), hope you like your late game sucking, assuming that scenario doesn't stop on "get a prize on anything".

Also, I think you forgot Empoleon. You can say what you want about it, but it's definitely not worse then Garchomp. I'd say tier 2.
The thing about rayeels is it is SOOOO vulnerable without it's eels. If you take all of their eels out, they practically loose.

I think eels has seen its good days (cities '11-12 - regionals '12-13), but good decks can easily become bad. eelzone, cmt, zpst, reshiphlosion, stage 1s, etc. right now, i think its the end of eel variants no matter what

Blaztoyz said:
I think eels has seen its good days (cities '11-12 - regionals '12-13), but good decks can easily become bad. eelzone, cmt, zpst, reshiphlosion, stage 1s, etc. right now, i think its the end of eel variants no matter what
I don't agree that it's the absolute END to eels, just this format is not the format for them.

QWERTY DITTO said:
Blaztoyz said:
I don't agree that it's the absolute END to eels, just this format is not the format for them.

if this format is not the fomat for them, then when will it be? landorus is brand new, and will be around even after the rotation of eelekrik, i dont think they will be good again with him being around

Back