Tier List For Cities

Puff said:
No, it's colorless, so you can run it with backup attackers of whatever type you please. If you find you have too many lando problems, just put in some waters.

Like what water? And what energy acceleration would you have? Blastoise? Two stage 2s? Seems inconsistent to me.

EDIT: Plus, in order for Stoutland to be good, it has to be active. Being active defeats the purpose of having other attackers.

Ok, I am now aware of the fact that Pokemon does have tournament results and I look forward to exploring them soon. But if you can see what decks are winning, why is there still debate over what decks are actually good? I understand that Boundaries Uncrossed will change a lot and that exactly what will change is half the discussion, but simple things like Zekeels' and Garchomp's legitimacy seems like it should've been old news. Pardon my ignorance, I'm just trying to offer an outside view on all this.

This is my projected tier list for the next metagame. Very very rough considering I've barely even tested with new decks and such (mainly just prediction for the lolz). They're in no particular order.

Tier 1

Darkrai Varients (Darkrai+Basic attackers)
Keldeo/Blastoise
Rayquaza/Eelektrik

Tier 2

Darkrai/Hydreigon
Mewtwo/Eelektrik
Tornadus EX/Landorus EX

Tier 3

Terrakion/Fighting Varients
Empoleon
Ho-Oh EX

dmaster out.

bunnyboy0 said:
Ok, I am now aware of the fact that Pokemon does have tournament results and I look forward to exploring them soon. But if you can see what decks are winning, why is there still debate over what decks are actually good? I understand that Boundaries Uncrossed will change a lot and that exactly what will change is half the discussion, but simple things like Zekeels' and Garchomp's legitimacy seems like it should've been old news. Pardon my ignorance, I'm just trying to offer an outside view on all this.
Because our format is constantly changing, certain decks rise and fall for certain tournaments depending on what sets and cards we currently have access to.
For example:
I played GarTaria for Autunm Regionals in CA, and did rather well going 5-2 and making Top-Cut. However, after Boundries Crossed (not Uncrossed) comes out and is tested with over City tournaments in December, GarTaria will most likely not do as well in Winter Regionals in January because of certain cards being released. i.e. Landorus EX can really hurt GarTaria since if they start by spreading 30 damage to multiple pokemon then it becomes very difficult to set up any attackers to fight back.
Another example would be looking at Eels decks.
We've had Eels decks in our format since Eelekrik was released in the Noble Victories expansion. It was first known as ZekEels (Zekrom/Eelekrik), which focused on using Eelekrik's ability to set up multiple Zekrom that could Bolt Strike for 120 damage. However it was out-classed by ZPS (Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin) in almost every way. ZPS was introduced after the set Black&White hit shelves, and could even use Zekrom's Bolt Strike attack on the first turn. But when Noble Vitcories came out, we also got Terrakion, which could OHKO everything in a ZPS deck. Then ZPS changed into ZPST (ZPS with Tornadus from Emerging Powers), because Tornadus could 2HKO Terrakion while Terrakion also was slowed by having to 2HKO Tornadus, giving ZPST enough time to set up a counter attack against Terrakion.
However ZPST sort of died out when Next Destinies was released, mostly because 120 wasn't enough damage against an EX that could do OHKO near anything at the time (Mewtwo EX), and using the same strategy with Zekrom EX just didn't work because 1: Zekrom EX gives 2 prizes when KO'd. 2: Having an EX as a main attacker with 2 Basics with really low HP just didn't work. ZekEels, however, became even more popular with Mewtwo EX and Zekrom EX, being able to set both up easily with Eelekrik's ability and hit for massive damage.
ZekEels was still used, but quickly changed to Mewtwo/Elekrik, which was much more consistant for being able to hit for more damage with less energy, and also wasn't OHKO'd by Terrakion. Then ZekEels and MewtwoEels changed into RaiEels (Raikou/Eelekrik) and RayEels (Raquaza/Eelekrik) with the release of Dark Explorers and Dragon's Exaulted. Because Raikou EX can hit 100 damage on any of your opponents pokemon, and Raquaza EX can even hit for more damage then Mewtwo with enough energy.

Tier 1:
Darkrai and Friends
Keldeo/Blastoise
Landorus EX and Friends

Tier 1.5:
RayEels
RaiEels
EelsEels

Tier 2:
Tornadus EX and Friends
Garchomp and Friends
Empoleon
Ho-Oh EX
Garbodor and Friends

Tier 3:
Gothitelle/Victini
Anything with Emboar

Tier 4:
Leavanny and Friends

Tier 5:
Probopass
Anything with Feebas

So I got goofy after Tier 2 but you get the drift.

Tier 1:

Darkrai Variants
Fightning Variants
Mewtwoeels

Tier 1.5:

Empoleon
Blasdeo
Garbodor

Tier 2:

Ho-Oh
Dusknoir
Vilebox
Stoutland

Tier 900000:

Theme Decks
Weird combination of anything
Gartalia

I've having trouble making Mewtwo/Eels good. It either loses to Landorus bad or loses to Garbodor bad or loses conistency thanks to the 3 Potion and 3 Tool Scrapper I put in to help against those two decks.

consistency>techs
Cut all Potions for 1 Pokemon Center.
Cut 1 Tool Scrapper
Add speed, consistency, search.
Try to have as much speed as possible. As soon as you stream Mewtwos, you should be fine as long as you don't screw up :p

Landorus you just 2 Shot their Lando and Garbo you try to KO their Trubbish as early as possible.

RogueChomp said:
consistency>techs
Cut all Potions for 1 Pokemon Center.
Cut 1 Tool Scrapper
Add speed, consistency, search.
Try to have as much speed as possible. As soon as you stream Mewtwos, you should be fine as long as you don't screw up :p

Landorus you just 2 Shot their Lando and Garbo you try to KO their Trubbish as early as possible.

^ All of this.

Just have a high supporter count and get rid of the techs. Landorus gives you troubles (especially if they run Mewtwo of their own to stop one of yours that has too much energy) but keep in mind that you sometimes have to ignore the bad matchups and just strengthen your good ones. Garbodor shouldn't give you troubles at all considering Mewtwo OHKO's it.

Alright then
T1
Darkrai/other big basic
Landorus EX/Mono-Fighting speed variants
RayEel

T1.5
Other Eel variants
Hydreigon
Keldeo

T2
Garbodor
Big stage 2's from BC (Vileplume, Dusknoir, etc.)
Ho-Oh EX/big basics

T2.5
Empoleon
Garchomp
Whatever the secret rogue someone discovers is.

Tier 1:
All basic decks

Tier 1.5:
Blastoise
Hydreigon

Tier 2:
Other prominent decks (Eels, etc.)

i think that in the first week darkrai will be tier 1

but after two weeks, keldeo will be tier 1. he is the only one that can kill landorus

Back