Speculation [Theory] The Next Pokemon Games

PokeLeaker

Aspiring Trainer
  1. I found these rumours somewhere and would like to share them... They talk about the next Pokemon games and beyond... Don't for get to take this with a grain of salt but you never know... It may be true
    [Warning: Potential Spoilers Below]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -The next set of Pokemon games will be announced at E3 unless it leaks early in the June Corocoro
    -It'll be a continuation of Pokemon x and y as you dive deeper into kalosian history
    -There will be new "ate" abilities like pixelate and glaciate which will change normal type moves into another type
    -The mascots will be Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y... One will be more ground based and can trap its opponent with Thousand Waves while the other is more air based and can bring flying Pokemon down with Thousand Arrows... They both will have powerful new abilities
    -There will be new mega evolutions in the game including Meganium,Typhlosion,Feraligatr,Flygon,Pangaro,and Malimar
    -Kalos will be updated and expanded and you will be able to get Volcanion finally
    -Near the end of the game AZ will give you his floette
    -Because of this expansion they may add a new region which will be a mysterious place some are calling "East Kalos" which could have a dragon type eevee and new Pokemon including a powerful new legendary!
    -There are a few preliminary release dates for the games after these two... Something special is being planned for 2016... 2017 will be the release of Generation 7... 2019 will be the release of Generation 7s remix which they may release earlier in 2018 instead... Finally in 2020 there will be the release of diamond and pearl remakes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all I got for now... Remeber to take these with a grain of salt but you never know... It could be true... Don't for get to check over the next few days to see if this rumour will infact some true
  2. Update 1: I fixed some of the spelling and changed the announcement date... It appears that the 21st was a mistranslation... There will be an announcement soon though..
  3. Update 2: This really isn't a "rumour"... It is actually a theory I cooked up with lots of proof....
  4. P.S... This wasnt for fame I just wanted people to know that Pokemon X and Y will be continued and it will be announced soon and will release around December and will have the mega johto starters...

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
And this is based on...?

I gotta know before I get too hyped :p

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This almost seems realistic, but there's a couple of things that seem false.

-Why would they expand the region to the east? The south needs more fleshing out, there's a lot of empty room on the bottom of XY's map, and there's even more space from RL France below that, so it's a prime area for expansion. That, plus they could add a few new areas to the northeast, maybe Poke-Brussels (which I know isn't part of France but that's never stopped them before).
-I'm skeptical of new Pokemon. They could easily do it, but it might not be smart marketing wise.
-They wouldn't spill the beans on releases after the next release.

I'm calling fake on this.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Rumours found "somewhere", they "may" add a new region, new Eeveelution type and a brand new legendary that hasn't been found yet, date information for even later future generations/games.... yeah, nice fake rumour you got there, OP. :p This is basically an automatic win for my "fake Pokémon rumour" bingo card. :D

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
The last two points seem really fake, as they wouldn't add a new Pokémon (outside of Form changes and Megas) or say outright when the next generation or re-makes will be released.

Plus East Kalos is pretty much already a thing, with Mountain Kalos.
I'd rather they expand the south or make the game a sequel and have you start somewhere you couldn't go before.

Kalos_Pok%C3%A9dex_map.png

Here you can see there's no room for the East to develop further, except maybe a bit in the north, though I'm not sure if GF would expand that any further.
The south on the other hand has one place you can visit and no regional dex. I think it should be like Pokémon Colosseum, where wild Pokémon don't exist there, but there are still trainers to fight. Maybe the bits in the west and between Coastal and Central should have Pokémon there, though.

Last edited:

PokeLeaker

Aspiring Trainer
The last two points seem really fake, as they wouldn't add a new Pokémon (outside of Form changes and Megas) or say outright when the next generation or re-makes will be released.

Plus East Kalos is pretty much already a thing, with Mountain Kalos.
I'd rather they expand the south or make the game a sequel and have you start somewhere you couldn't go before.

Kalos_Pok%C3%A9dex_map.png

Here you can see there's no room for the East to develop further, except maybe a bit in the north, though I'm not sure if GF would expand that any further.
The south on the other hand has one place you can visit and no regional dex. I think it should be like Pokémon Colosseum, where wild Pokémon don't exist there, but there are still trainers to fight. Maybe the bits in the west and between Coastal and Central should have Pokémon there, though.

If you look at the detailed map of Kali's you'll see there's a huge mountain in the east that could be hiding something... This could be a kanto/Johto situation where two regions are joined and besides.... There are hardly any new Pokemon in x and y.... These next games could be prequels before the war 3000 years ago that destroyed this secondary region and most of its fairy types and mega evolutions which slowly migrated over to kalos which is why they appear to be a "New discovery"

PokeLeaker

Aspiring Trainer
Rumours found "somewhere", they "may" add a new region, new Eeveelution type and a brand new legendary that hasn't been found yet, date information for even later future generations/games.... yeah, nice fake rumour you got there, OP. :p This is basically an automatic win for my "fake Pokémon rumour" bingo card. :D

He said may for the parts that have a 50/50 chance of becoming official while the rest is 100%

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I doubt it's truth. I'm expecting a new generation if anything. We've had 2 sets of games for 6th generation already. Adding a third set of games would seem unlikely since its almost always been 2 games per generation.

PokeLeaker

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt it's truth. I'm expecting a new generation if anything. We've had 2 sets of games for 6th generation already. Adding a third set of games would seem unlikely since its almost always been 2 games per generation.

They did that with black and white

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Not sure what you mean by this. Both previous generations where we received remake games in addition to new games (3rd Gen with FRLG and 4th with HGSS) we still got a same-gen sequel/extra game (3rd Gen Emerald, 4th Gen Platinum). In the case of 3rd gen, it was remakes before Emerald, though with 4th Gen, Platinum came first followed by HGSS. In any event, we've always had an extra/sequel version for every generation so far. So what exactly makes you think we'll start a new generation without Z or XY2 or whatever else they might do still in 6th gen?

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
First it was Red & Blue. Yellow came out so that's two sets of games for generation one.
Gold & Silver come out which starts generation 2.
Crystal comes out making it the second game for generation 2.
Ruby & Sapphire come out for generation 3.
Emerald comes out for generation 3.

Fourth generation things changed
First Diamond and Pearl. Then Platinum. Finally Heartgold & Soulsilver.

Fifth generation first came Black & White. Next came Black 2 & White 2.

Sixth generation X & Y come out. Afterwards came Omega Ruby & Alphasapphire.

In all sets except for fourth generation, you have 2 sets of releases that take place in a generation before moving on to the next one. To me it seems like a pattern.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

And what of Zygarde, Eternal Flower Floette, and Volcanion?

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
First it was Red & Blue. Yellow came out so that's two sets of games for generation one.
Gold & Silver come out which starts generation 2.
Crystal comes out making it the second game for generation 2.
Ruby & Sapphire come out for generation 3.
Emerald comes out for generation 3.

Fourth generation things changed
First Diamond and Pearl. Then Platinum. Finally Heartgold & Soulsilver.

Fifth generation first came Black & White. Next came Black 2 & White 2.

Sixth generation X & Y come out. Afterwards came Omega Ruby & Alphasapphire.

In all sets except for fourth generation, you have 2 sets of releases that take place in a generation before moving on to the next one. To me it seems like a pattern.
There's a lack of FRLG.
GEN 1: R/B -> Y
GEN 2: G/S -> C
GEN 3: R/S -> FR/LG -> E
GEN 4: D/P -> Pt -> HG/SS
GEN 5: B/W -> B2/W2
GEN 6: X/Y -> OR/AS -> ?

The anomaly is the Fifth Generation, as there was no remake - it's perfectly sensible to speculate about a sequel to X/Y. Usually with leakers, they include some false information, right? I could see the release dates and new Pokémon as being this, to be honest. This is what I enjoy about new games; the speculation! People talk about it a lot and it brings people together. I hope that these rumours are true just so this kind of thing happens.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
So, what Mitja has being saying for quite some time with the adding of something new from a user named PokeLeaker. This time I'm not even going to play along.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Anyway, not to discriminate or anything, but PokeLeaker's age is listed as 15, and these are pretty typical and expected rumours. I think this one can be debunked pretty easily.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
I must say this rumor is really reliable for me ... Why ? This is my proof and theory

1. Famitsu promise us , they will announce new pokemon game on 21st may
2. When you end pokemon XY , just talk to Shauna . She will give us a hint
and she said ..."Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there! ♪"
which is exactly correct to this line of rumor ...''they may add a new region which will be a mysterious place some are calling "East kalosian" ...

So is all of my proof and i think this rumor is so real . I believe it !!!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1. Famitsu promise us , they will announce new pokemon game on 21st may

They said "incredible Pokemon information". That doesn't necessarily mean a new game.

2. When you end pokemon XY , just talk to Shauna . She will give us a hint
and she said ..."Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there! ♪"
which is exactly correct to this line of rumor ...''they may add a new region which will be a mysterious place some are calling "East kalosian" ...

That doesn't mean said region is "East kalosian". For the love of Arceus, doesn't the name "East kalosian" raise any red flags? That's not even grammatically correct.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
This month's Famitsu has already leaked. People have been talking about the FEif news from it for a couple days now. If there was new Pokémon game information in it, we would know it by now.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
As 'Thena said, there's nothing really of importance in this month's issue. The region name "East kalosian" is grammatically incorrect and in general doesn't seem realistic considering Mountain Kalos, as well as Shauna saying a "faraway region", not something supposedly next to Kalos.