The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

oh golly gosh I didn't see this ;~;
PM me if you're still looking for one.

In other news...
http://ygorganization.com/the-next-yu-gi-oh-anime-series-is/

don()shinobi said:
mhm. Looks like Primal Origin is the last or second to last Zexal set.

That was quick.. I wonder where the game goes from here? Hopefully new card designs and mechanics..

Hopefully new card designs and mechanics..
Hopefully not. The new ZeXaL makeover and PSCT was probably one of the ugliest things to ever happen to Yugioh. I cringe whenever I see the words "that target", "and if you do", "also", and Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon's effect being one gigantic run-on sentence.

In fact, I cringe at 70% of new cards in YGO nowadays just having card effects that are one large run-on sentence.

What are you talking about? PSCT did exactly what it stands for--it's text that solves problems with cards. While it can get a bit weird (and I can agree on the Tachyon Dragon thing), that just means everything after the semicolon is one whole effect. Separating it into multiple sentences would cause problems.

"That target" was created because cards had effects that targeted, but some had effects that made you select something as if you were targeting, but it's not actually targeting. During this time before the PSCT, there were cards whose effects activated when they were targeted.

"And if you do" tells you to proceed with the effect if a certain requirement goes off.

Here's a sample card WITH PSCT...
Don's Wrath
Normal Spell Card
Target 1 card on the field; banish it, and if you do, draw 1 card.
And without. See if it would cause any problems.
Don's Wrath
Normal Spell Card
Banish 1 card on the field and draw 1 card.
Would you still draw the card if the card couldn't be banished? How would you know if it targeted or not?

I meant card designs as in they've had the same lay out since the beginning (excluding text). It's very old school looking. Pokémon has changed bits here and there on the cards why can't Y u - g i - oh? .

PokeChimpo said:
I meant card designs as in they've had the same lay out since the beginning (excluding text). It's very old school looking. Pokémon has changed bits here and there on the cards why can't Y u - g i - oh? .
They did.

I'd rather they just did something like "Special Summon it".

Edit: Look at what they did with Magical Dimension. The horror of that sentence makes me cry.
Cards like Hushed Psychic Cleric prove you can do the exact same thing without it looking ugly.

Adding colons and capitalizing some letters makes a card ugly? That's literally what Cleric could be if its text was updated.
Heh, you're the only guy I know who hates the PSCT.

don()shinobi said:
Adding colons and capitalizing some letters makes a card ugly? That's literally what Cleric could be if its text was updated.
Heh, you're the only guy I know who hates the PSCT.
You have probably never heard an 8-year-old read verbatim the effect of the card right as they activate it.

Also, the level stars are too fat on the newer cards. When I saw them, I honestly thought they were fakes. Everything just looks more inflated.

And yes, that was my point. Cleric's text would be exactly the same if it had colons and semicolons on it. My point was that a card text can be complete and informative without being hideous and offensive to grammarians.

Frankly, I don't mind how weird they are with sentences, as long as the effect isn't broken, outlandish, or stupid. (Shouts out Sixth Sense.)

I hope they don't add any new mechanics, I like how the game is now - they've done enough crazy things with the Extra Deck already.

Well, they're already pioneering a new term, specifically for the Shinra/Sylvan archetype--excavate. Granted, it's already an actual thing (see Magical Merchant), but it's more of a clarification term. Nevertheless, new term.

Also, keep your eyes out--the January 2013 List is supposed to be shown today!

Granted, it's already an actual thing (see Magical Merchant), but it's more of a clarification term. Nevertheless, new term.
"Excavate your deck until you excavate a Spell card."
"Your opponent declares a Level. Excavate your deck until you excavate a monster that can be Normal Summoned."

...it sounds a little off.

IT'S UP

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

brb editing changes into this post

Changes:

Forbidden
Dragon Ravine
Return from the Different Dimension
Self-Destruct Button
Sixth Sense (yeah we all saw this coming)

Limited
Adult Dragon Rulers (all 4 of them)
Debris Dragon
Magician of Faith (WAT)

Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Final Countdown
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Spellbook of Fate

Semi-Limited
Chaos Sorcerer
Lonefire Blossom (#returnofplants)

Unlimited
Archlord Kristya
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zombie
T.G. Striker
Tour Guide from the Underworld

Constellar Ptolemy M7

Fire Formation - Tenki

~~~~

When they said Dragon Rulers were going to be hit, they weren't kidding.

Happy happy zombie plants format?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOblaster

My BKs
they are useless
;w;

DNA said:
Changes:

Forbidden
Dragon Ravine (Aw, hell yeah.)
Return from the Different Dimension (Aw, hell no.)
Self-Destruct Button (...okay.)
Sixth Sense (Huh, thought they would have kept this a bit longer with the new Lightsworn support.)

Limited
Adult Dragon Rulers (all 4 of them) (Not bad at all.)
Debris Dragon (Awwwww. Well, it had to happen if Lonefire will be semi'd)
Magician of Faith (Aw, HELL YEAH, this is awesome)

Divine Wind of Mist Valley (RIP all you 2 Mist Valley players out there. Oh, and that OTK.)
Final Countdown (ALL OF MY YES.)
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars (People usually run only 1 anyway. Meh.)
Spellbook of Fate (People usually run only 1 anyway. Meh.)

Semi-Limited
Chaos Sorcerer (Don't celebrate for too long, you'll get your fair share of hitting soon enough.)
Lonefire Blossom (With Sylvans and the 4th Plant Princess, who DIDN'T see this?)

Unlimited
Archlord Kristya (Woo.)
Mezuki (Woooooooooo.)
Plaguespreader Zombie (WOOOOOOOOO. DRACULAS ARE GONNA DO SOMETHING, BABY)
T.G. Striker (Kinda obvious with the Plants coming back, but great nonetheless.)
Tour Guide from the Underworld (Reasonable.)

Constellar Ptolemy M7 (...I never saw more than 1 being brought out in a duel anyway, even prior to its limit.)

Fire Formation - Tenki ("Why haven't you all flocked to the Bujins yet!?")

Back