Status
Not open for further replies.
Zyflair said:
The Fallen One said:
For pokemon, it's the Porygon.

For trainers, it's the Energy Link.
Double Full Heal is worse.

the wise words speak.
Double Full Heal has to be the most unused , terrible trainer in the world.
No one plays it , not even new players. So what's the point of it? Take up one space in a set , no thanks.

Zyflair said:
The Fallen One said:

(Randy) said:
Zyflair said:
The Fallen One said:

the wise words speak.
Double Full Heal has to be the most unused , terrible trainer in the world.
No one plays it , not even new players. So what's the point of it? Take up one space in a set , no thanks.

I've seen Double Full Heal being used more than Energy Link. It was better when there was a possibility of there being 2 Active Pokemon. Energy Link IS stupid, though. Does anyone disagree with that?

What ever happened to the Double Battle feature? I never saw it in use.

Energy Link SF is actually a very good trainer for moving Energies around. Not everyone can use RegiStark, and that engine is slower than this trainer anyway. Attaching all Energies from one damaged Pokemon to another one you have is really good, unlike Double Full Heal.

dmaster out.

Energy lik is good if you have 2 in play at once. Not too good.

Lapras/Rayquaza/Salamence

Actually, it's quite a decent rogue deck.

NEXT!

Lou Cypher said:
Foxtrot said:
Umm...new dialgia=150 every turn for 0 energy? Delcatty is just a cute little bonus.

That is, as long as you can play that Dialga down every turn.
3-4+4 ssu says it should be pretty likely.
vilebaseball said:
Foxtrot said:
vilebaseball said:
Zyflair said:
PokeKid Brandon said:
Dialga lv.x. Beacuse it is bad. <Is that a good enough reason?
Unfortunately, no. It at least does something.

vilebaseball said:
Base Set Porygon. It's nice in theory, but isn't worth the prize lost from 30 damage.
Hmm... you know many sets by the back of your hand and you think of this? It at least can stall in the first few turns (resistance).

Ampha-pwn77 said:
I would Have to say the Darkrai with Reach Over from GE gets my pick.. there are so many other pokemon that get you more than 1 Measly energy, and who needs 100 Damage against 1 Card out of the 150 or so that are being played right now? And 3 Energy for that kind of attack? BAD.
It's not the worst. Take Magikarp.

Drigo Toes said:
Magikarp Delta Species...

30 HP... 10 for 1 Metal Energy... when only there were special energys...
Hmm...

Celebi23 said:
Is this not obvious? Mysterious Fossil from Base Set. 10 HP, no attacks, the new ruling lets them take a prize upon KO, no Bodies or Powers, no Trainers on the 1st turn, playing it in the deck increases the chances of a T1 donk, no Resistance, so anything that can do 10 damage or put 1 damage counter on the defending Pokemon can OHKO it. And it can't retreat. No matter what you guys say, this is the worst Pokemon.
Eh...

Foxtrot said:
http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/101-lt.-surge.jpg

Bad switch....

http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/gym-challenge/107-lt.-surge's-secret-plan.jpg

Longest text in history for an absolutely nothing effect. lol oh surge...how bad you truely are.
XD

Correct. At least with the Magikarp everyone keeps bringing up evolution is a possibility. At least when playing in the modified format of the time, this card was never able to evolve, and never able to no damage. The first Porygon2 came with Neo Revelation (and it's pretty bad too). What's the point in stalling when a Jungle Kangaskhan or Base Chansey could have just as easily been used, and do a FAR better job at it. Bottom line, even energy search allows you to pick out the one energy you need. They serve a purpose. Porygon never got the player anywhere closer to a win. Every other card mentioned so far is a mode or a stepping stone to a win or at the very least, can do more than 0 damage.

Oh, and Celebi: The Mysterious Fossil is actually from the Fossil Set. Like Clefairy Doll (from the Base Set), when these cards were played, they did not count for a prize when KO'ed. The Aerodactyl it levels up to has quite the unique and annoying ability, and if I'm not mistaken, the new ruling only counts it as a basic Pokemon when put into play, meaning it wouldn't be your only choice on turn one.

And Foxtrot: I really hope you were kidding (particularly on the first one), because you couldn't be more wrong.
Oh silly man, how wrong you are. Surge is a waste of card and didn't deserve to be a holo. If your going to sit here and say it was playable in ANY deck, I'll just laugh at you. The other card is basically GOW folder (ooops, I gust it back to the bench and now you discard it). Waste of a trainer. Problem with porygon is that it CAN evolve (as does carp). If we're talking about straight pokemon with all the factors included (such as evolution, etc.), then carp and porygon both place higher than Blaine's Kangaskhan. Let's face it, fliping to do 10 damage won't win you many matches.

Every card is a holo nowadays, so that kind of status is really meaningless in the grand scheme. How is it any less playable than "Switch", especially if your opponent had a Fossil Hitmonlee (or any of the many cards that did bench damage at the time) lurking around? As for the other one, some cards of the time gave bonus damage for more cards on the bench. Why keep it in your hands when it can be helping (and from my understanding, still used) from the bench? As I explained, in the modified format at the time, Porygon was *NOT*, again, *NOT* able to evolve. Porygon doesn't even give you the chance to flip, and only offers 30HP to boot. If it was Porygon vs. Porygon, the game wouldn't end, ever. 10 > 0.
Every card? Theres been one holo trainer in how many sets? Do you know what the card does, because the way you're speaking about it, you probably don't. It let you put a basic pokemon down from your hand and bring it active. Wait a second....I can play the pokemon and then play switch and DO THE EXACT SAME THING. As for the other card, wiggly is pretty much the only one that comes to mind off the bat, and that deck ran more then enough basics. Its a waste of card and costs you another card in a game that requires as much speed as nessicary. I'd take the extra c.s./i.f./oak/bill/whatever over that if I was to run wiggly. Problem with talkin about porygon now...it does evo. And unless we're talkin about metagame at the time (in which case rocket's persian ex takes the cake), porygon is definately more playable than any of the cards I've listed.

If we are going only for the DP-ON then I have to give the worst vote to Pachi DP, the fact that it is rare makes me want to cry, especially when Gorebyss is an Uncommon.

Overall worst trainer ever... Mom's Kindness 'nuff said.

Worst card EVER, I have to say that Porygon was the worst of its time.

BTW Guys, how about you delete the stuff that you aren't quoting in future posts? I'm lazy and I don't feel like scrolling so much lol.

^It is fairly useless, but you can toss it in a speed deck to burn your deck before a Uxie. That is its only real use.

Yeah, but Mom's Kindness actually lets you draw 2 cards. It's pretty much a Buck's Training without the damage, so I Energy Search is better.

Oh yeah. That could be... wait, what does that do again? I forget what Tropical wind and Tropical Tidal Wave do.

Besides the Surge (which is clearly a terrible card), maintence was an absolutely horrible trainer. Shuffle in 2 cards to draw 1? LOL no thanks.

d master342 said:
Energy Link SF is actually a very good trainer for moving Energies around. Not everyone can use RegiStark, and that engine is slower than this trainer anyway. Attaching all Energies from one damaged Pokemon to another one you have is really good, unlike Double Full Heal.

dmaster out.

Energy switches are better IMO.

Wiseman. said:
Energy lik is good if you have 2 in play at once. Not too good.

QFT

The Fallen One said:

I cannot disagree with you more.

EDIT: I also agree with Foxtrot on the Maintenance thing... It was to stop decking though, lol.

dont know if any one has mention this, and if you havent i dont know why.... a while back i heard of blank cards that would pop out in alot of trainer kits. its blank , so you cant do anything with it, at all. no attacks , no hp , no anything . it cant do anything at all. so wouldnt that be the single worst and most useless card ever.

Ariadosguy said:
I cannot disagree with you more.

Explain how it's not bad. An energy switch will accomplish the same thing, and a few Poke Powers as well. I just don't ever consider running it.

Foxtrot said:
Every card? Theres been one holo trainer in how many sets? Do you know what the card does, because the way you're speaking about it, you probably don't. It let you put a basic pokemon down from your hand and bring it active. Wait a second...I can play the pokemon and then play switch and DO THE EXACT SAME THING. As for the other card, wiggly is pretty much the only one that comes to mind off the bat, and that deck ran more then enough basics. Its a waste of card and costs you another card in a game that requires as much speed as nessicary. I'd take the extra c.s./I.f./oak/bill/whatever over that if I was to run wiggly. Problem with talkin about porygon now...it does evo. And unless we're talkin about metagame at the time (in which case rocket's persian ex takes the cake), porygon is definately more playable than any of the cards I've listed.

*Psst* I said modified. I'm referring to reverse holos. Even in the WOTC sets, a card doesn't have to be held to a higher standard just because it's holo. I'm well aware that they do the exact same thing. Actually, if the active Pokemon is paralyzed, it does them one better. And that Switch card... I seem to recall seeing that in more than just B1, B2, and LC... maybe because it's USEFUL. Wow! What a novel idea.

As for the other card, there may be other cards you could use, but that doesn't mean it didn't perform some kind of beneficial function. It can provide extra damage, save a card from being discarded if you want to play a Professor Oak, or simply mess with your opponent's head.

Oh, and at least when your "useless" cards are gone, you don't lose a prize for it!

And yes, I am referring to the card used in the modified format at the time. Repeating this is getting kinda old. Unlike the last thread in which we both posted where I was able to crush you with fact, this time around it is not so definite. I think it is fairly reasonable to conclude by the number of people who have mentioned the Porygon in their post (>1) is far ore than those who have mentioned either of your cards (1).

You obviously must not be familar with any cards from the WOTC era. Considering the number of Professor Oak/Bill (and Gambler, depending on their luck), having 4 Maintenence in your deck may well buy you the 4 additional turns you need to beat your opponent before your deck runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back