The WORST card of Pokemon TCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
Don't give me a list. I want the most horrible one, and give me a good reason.

Base Set Porygon. It's nice in theory, but isn't worth the prize lost from 30 damage.

I would Have to say the Darkrai with Reach Over from GE gets my pick.. there are so many other pokemon that get you more than 1 Measly energy, and who needs 100 Damage against 1 Card out of the 150 or so that are being played right now? And 3 Energy for that kind of attack? BAD.

Magikarp Delta Species...

30 HP... 10 for 1 Metal Energy... when only there were special energys...

If we are talking the most useless card it is Energy Search. Does anyone play energy search in a real deck? It's in all the theme decks and even the rulebook that comes with the decks suggests swapping out this one first. If we are talking worst Pokemon...I will have to get back to you; it will take a bit more thought. I don't agree with it being Dialga LvX - Dialga LvX has it's place; also I got wooped by a deck that played two; it can be a killer staller (on your end you only use it when you are done with everything else besides your attack).

Is this not obvious? Mysterious Fossil from Base Set. 10 HP, no attacks, the new ruling lets them take a prize upon KO, no Bodies or Powers, no Trainers on the 1st turn, playing it in the deck increases the chances of a T1 donk, no Resistance, so anything that can do 10 damage or put 1 damage counter on the defending Pokemon can OHKO it. And it can't retreat. No matter what you guys say, this is the worst Pokemon.

http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/101-lt.-surge.jpg

Bad switch....

http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/gym-challenge/107-lt.-surge's-secret-plan.jpg

Longest text in history for an absolutely nothing effect. lol oh surge...how bad you truely are.

PokeKid Brandon said:
Dialga lv.x. Beacuse it is bad. <Is that a good enough reason?
Unfortunately, no. It at least does something.

vilebaseball said:
Base Set Porygon. It's nice in theory, but isn't worth the prize lost from 30 damage.
Hmm... you know many sets by the back of your hand and you think of this? It at least can stall in the first few turns (resistance).

Ampha-pwn77 said:
I would Have to say the Darkrai with Reach Over from GE gets my pick.. there are so many other pokemon that get you more than 1 Measly energy, and who needs 100 Damage against 1 Card out of the 150 or so that are being played right now? And 3 Energy for that kind of attack? BAD.
It's not the worst. Take Magikarp.

Drigo Toes said:

Hmm...

Celebi23 said:
Is this not obvious? Mysterious Fossil from Base Set. 10 HP, no attacks, the new ruling lets them take a prize upon KO, no Bodies or Powers, no Trainers on the 1st turn, playing it in the deck increases the chances of a T1 donk, no Resistance, so anything that can do 10 damage or put 1 damage counter on the defending Pokemon can OHKO it. And it can't retreat. No matter what you guys say, this is the worst Pokemon.
Eh...

Foxtrot said:

Bad switch....

Longest text in history for an absolutely nothing effect. lol oh surge...how bad you truely are.
XD

Drigo Toes said:

Perhaps, but you forget about Delta Ranbow Energy.
But, yes. It stinks. =/

Drigo Toes said:

Yeah, I have to quote this one too. Worst Magikarp ever unfortunately, and a very bad Basic when it came out. If it had another attack that could do damage or search for something, it would be soo much better.

dmaster out.

Freezer said:
If we are talking the most useless card it is Energy Search. Does anyone play energy search in a real deck? It's in all the theme decks and even the rulebook that comes with the decks suggests swapping out this one first. If we are talking worst Pokemon...I will have to get back to you; it will take a bit more thought. I don't agree with it being Dialga LvX - Dialga LvX has it's place; also I got wooped by a deck that played two; it can be a killer staller (on your end you only use it when you are done with everything else besides your attack).
0_o your joking right? LOL! :)

Zyflair said:
PokeKid Brandon said:
Dialga lv.x. Beacuse it is bad. <Is that a good enough reason?
Unfortunately, no. It at least does something.

vilebaseball said:
Hmm... you know many sets by the back of your hand and you think of this? It at least can stall in the first few turns (resistance).

Ampha-pwn77 said:
It's not the worst. Take Magikarp.

Drigo Toes said:

Hmm...

Celebi23 said:
Eh...

Foxtrot said:

Bad switch....

XD

Correct. At least with the Magikarp everyone keeps bringing up evolution is a possibility. At least when playing in the modified format of the time, this card was never able to evolve, and never able to no damage. The first Porygon2 came with Neo Revelation (and it's pretty bad too). What's the point in stalling when a Jungle Kangaskhan or Base Chansey could have just as easily been used, and do a FAR better job at it. Bottom line, even energy search allows you to pick out the one energy you need. They serve a purpose. Porygon never got the player anywhere closer to a win. Every other card mentioned so far is a mode or a stepping stone to a win or at the very least, can do more than 0 damage.

Oh, and Celebi: The Mysterious Fossil is actually from the Fossil Set. Like Clefairy Doll (from the Base Set), when these cards were played, they did not count for a prize when KO'ed. The Aerodactyl it levels up to has quite the unique and annoying ability, and if I'm not mistaken, the new ruling only counts it as a basic Pokemon when put into play, meaning it wouldn't be your only choice on turn one.

And Foxtrot: I really hope you were kidding (particularly on the first one), because you couldn't be more wrong.

Lapras Ex. Bad attacks (30+confusion for 3? Honestly now), no Power, gave up 2 prizes, high retreat...yeah, it was crap.

There was a really bad Slakoth in the ex series (sandstorm I believe), which had 40 hp and you had to flip a coin for it to attack- said attack did 10 damage. I thought that was pretty bad. :p

But base set Porygon strikes me as the worst overall.

This may not be the worst card out there but it's pretty useless:

http://www.poke-post.com/images/NewNinPromos/PR-29_Celebi.jpg

I just want to slap the person who even came up with this card!!! I mean C'MON! 50 HP?! And it only does 20 damage?! It doesn't even evolve into anything and it's so weak! It's like why bother even using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back