The Student Lounge Thread

A for my course this semester at the college (you cannot get A+s at this college). Much better than my current high school grades (I am failing Participation in Government and Health, maybe I should start doing some work).

...you get a grade based on participation? We just get...well, graded on the assignments we've done. I only remember getting graded for participation in elementary and middle schools. Teachers only do it at my high school if they deem it necessary (usually depends on the behavior of the class).

Anyways, the only final I'm really worrying about is my APUSH final (Advanced Placement US History). My test grades (except for our Imperialism Document Analysis unit) have been B's and C's. It's a shame, because history was formerly my favorite class. Now I can't help but daydream.

^Ah, yes. I forgot to mention PE mostly grades for participation. Some PE teachers, however, will grade based on performance, which is just plain wrong.

I get a small grade on participation, but mostly I just don't turn in assignments. So they go in the books as zeros. O u O

APUSH is basically the worst history class. Taking history in college is much, MUCH better.

Yeah, I should've just gone with AP Euro, which also is allegedly hell, according to my peers. OH WELL. I'm managing an A- in the class (for now :C), so I don't really mind. The DBQ's are lifesavers, let me tell you.

I'm not in High School, but I have mid terms in Honors English 1, Spanish 1, and I'm pretty sure Algebra. Btw, I don't get the gym teachers at my school. If you actually run the mile, you get points OFF. And they tell you to run the mile, too. So I basically have to walk the whole thing, which is torture for me. D,:

I'm in an IB school, so I don't have to worry about those AP courses... although IB is a lot of writing. ._.
No Semester tests for me! Actually, I don't even have any homework now since my school is pretty lax...

Oh dear lord I have school Monday (technically tomorrow, where I live). Nearly everyone in my Honors English class is bugging out because we just remembered we have a good sixty pages to read of Catcher in the Rye Monday. It sucks, I guess, but nbd.

Hey. 11th grade, tomorrow I go back to two AP classes, a Pre-AP class, Graphic Design, Video Tech, Algebra 2, and Wood Shop class. Ugh, I'm going to hate getting up tomorrow. Oh, and I put off reading the first part of The Scarlet Letter, so guess what I'm reading as I'm typing this?

I put off reading & taking notes of about ten chapters of Catcher in the Rye, YAY ME. Brb, eternal note taking.

SCHOOOL starts for me tomorrow. I go to a private prep, so we get a lot of work. I really don't mind school that much, but exorbitant amounts of homework kill me, because when I leave at 7 and get home at 6, I don't feel like doing HW at home...

My first day back was alright. I had to run a bake sale, being the President of my class. It didn't run all too smoothly, but we ended up making a good amount of money. My classes are also stressing me out a bit- I'm mostly bugging out over Literature/Composition Honors and Math 2 Honors, my teacher for the former being an idiot and the latter subject just confusing the hell out of me.

They sure didn't go light on the homework the first day back.....Two, count 'em, two worksheets in Algebra II and a worksheet in Pre AP Physics...Hooray...

But, on a happier note, we have this week, then Monday and Tuesday next week, and if we're exempt from finals in all our classes, we don't have to go Wensday or Thursday, Friday everybody gets off, and that next Monday is a day everyone gets off. So if I'm exempt from all my finals (which I probally am, just a little worried about AP Eng.III), I get a six day weekend. Heck yeah.

I've got homework but luckily I completed my LA(Language Arts) homework in that class and my math at my TA (Teacher's Assistant) class.
I'm happy today. :D

Ugh i dont wanna go back to school tomorrow (middle school). I mean my friends are cool but the work... We were supposed to read like 3-5 chapters in our book and I lost it. And we are having a 50 question test on it tomorrow which ill now have to wing. And we have painful science presentations too. On top of that no more P.E... pretty much the only class i could hang out with my GF. Im.... im just not ready

Just another day of GCA.

Awesome Latin Classes, talking about how the future doesn't exist, No teaching in English, a Choir class that always gets yelled at, an idot Geometry teacher, A new World War II unit, hard PE workouts (athsma kills me when we actually do something hard for fitness), and all the Science Fair Drama, along with 45 minutes of homework.

I really don't like Algebra II. And I really, really hate factoring.

In other news it looks like I will be exempt from all my finals! Huzzuh!

Back