The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the Revived Legends discussion!* *Members: Do you want Hamachi tournaments?*

I might as well use my Eeveelution Deck. Any thoughts about me using it??

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the Revived Legends discussion!* *Members: Do you want Hamachi tournaments?*

What's in it and what does it focus on? Nowadays not many eeveelutions decks have been flourishing...

It focuses on Eevee, lol. No joke. :3
I have all the eeveelutions (duh), 2-1-2 Nidoqueen Line.

dragonpokemonpwn said:

It's not going to work. Eeveelutions are dead because they are a bit slow (they need about three energy) and with their low HP (Espeon doesn't help much either) the deck can easily be KO'ed. There are a few other things, but since I don't have much Eeveelution experience I can't say much more. What I said might be wrong, but it's dying (or dead.)

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!*

I just got back from a tourney (Shuppet) and I went 8-0. I lost in the semi-final against Dialga G though D:

PokeKid Brandon said:
Eeveeloutions are pretty dead.

Congrats on the 8-0

Thanks! They weren't exactly easy. They were the sort where you had to read your opponent for a Power Spray or hold that Warp Point until just the right moment.

Nice job going 8-0! ^^^

It looks like Shuppet is the best way to go for me to use for States, if there isn't any Dialga G. :(

Good job on the 8-0 :)

I used to run eeveelutions (back in mah n00b days) with vapy, jolteon and flareon. and a tech of espeon woth no psychic energy (all of which are from MD). Since I didn't have glaceon and leafeon it sucked :(

dragonpokemonpwn said:

To be honest, to play the Eeveelutions in a tourny is just for pure fun :D If you're doing this to just go and have some fun, I say go for it! But if you're going for competitive play... It'll be difficult. It may not stand much of a chance, but at the same time, you never know unless you try.

I'd use the Undevelope Eeveelutions, Jolt, Vapy, and Flare... The best combo out of these three IMO Is Jolteon and Vaporeon. Jolteon can do 50 for two energy and damage the whole bench if he evolved that turn. Next bring Vaporeon out and snipe the bench, or continue spamming Evelutionary thunder. To achieve this of course, 4 BTS, and 4 candies are needed. Candies are a just in case.

SSU will also be important because of damage. Ummm Queen doesn't seem such a bad idea, but you'd have to choose either Espeon or Umbreon as the final tech, Both seems very hard... Run some Multis and Rainbow energies... 2 DCE just in case Espeon and/or Umbreon really needs to attack.
This is what I'd run if I had the avialible cards... Ok I do, but I'm down 2 BTS.

Flareon is...iffy. She can burn and do 60, you might just want to throw in 1 for type coverage. Gee that's about all I can think of... Oh yea, play 2-2 Eevee. 2 Call for family and two signs, that way it's constant with anything... Roseann's Research, Poke Healer, Life herbs, Buffer Pieces... Anything to help aid in healing, drawing and tanking... Palmer's and NM would make a decent combo in this as well... Belts are optinal.

Energies would... probably cost you alot though... 3 Multi, 3 Rainbow, then a max of five of whatever element you're choosing. You'd really have to rely on Roseanne's then... Maybe there could be a way around that..

Most of this is from experience, other is guess work because of my limited resources....OMG IT WOULD BE SO CUTE TO SEE THEM PLAYED THOUGH!!! :3 *cough*

Sorry... Sooooooo yea, that's all I got, any critisizim?

Eeveelutions suck. Eeveelutions need a good chunk of bench space(like-all of it?) for the eeveelutions to set up, and that means like 0 draw power. Say hello to my friend Palkia G. Eeveelutions are slow, and just-ick. If your going to run any eeveelutions at all, run Leafeon. Using the RR Leafeon, Shaymin X, Espeon, and maybe a belt or two, with a Sceppy GE tech, you could start to hit BIG. :p

Seth1789110 said:
Eeveelutions suck. Eeveelutions need a good chunk of bench space(like-all of it?) for the eeveelutions to set up, and that means like 0 draw power. Say hello to my friend Palkia G. Eeveelutions are slow, and just-ick. If your going to run any eeveelutions at all, run Leafeon. Using the RR Leafeon, Shaymin X, Espeon, and maybe a belt or two, with a Sceppy GE tech, you could start to hit BIG. :p

My local leader runs this and it's a beast.

And thanks all ^_^

I was going to post this in the deck area, but why do that when all I want is to talk about it?

I just played my porygon-Z deck today at league, then DialgaChomp for the tourny, and well, porygon is so cool.

I have the normal porygon Z build, or close to it, but with one addition; Lugia Legend.
Now I know what your thinking; OMG are you kidding?
No, im not kidding. It actually works.

I run porygon with 2 fire, 2 water, 2 electric and 4 DCE cards.

So think about this senario. (which works)

Use Porygon-Z Lv X's Decode Power and place both halves of Lugia Legend on top of deck. Draw them with Claydol or uxie.
Next turn Decode again for 2 of the energy needed. Bench down Lugia Legend, and attach the 2 of those energy.
Then use googleanes to attach the last energy needed and BAM, in one turn you powered up a lugia legend and took your opponent by suprise.

It has really done well actually. It allowed me to 1HKO a Tangrowth Lv X while Shaymin X was out. (170 HP)
And later it helped me against Gengar Lv X.

Now I know lugia or ho-oh wont work in any other deck, soo....

EDIT: As for the eeveelution topic, imo, they are just ok. Glaceon sees some play due to its body, and leafeon only for its power, but otherwise they are just meh.

I love that idea Shadow!!! :)

And for Eeveelutions, I would say run them at leagues against Arceus :p

Really, you guys just suck the fun out of stuff lol...

Anywho, Shadow, I commend you on a wonderful strategy! Really, that's just crazy... I have a new found respect for the Legend cards, and Porygon-Z was always shown high respect. Such a feat to one shot a Tengrowth level X that way. Mind blowing...

Well Freak, you made good points, it's just that we are the type to think in competitive mod at all times xD

Oh I understand and respect that... That's why I'm here, is to...sharpen my skills when it comes to competitive play. Though, I hope you guys agree with having fun once in a great while. Just sit here and kick around crazy deck ideas. As long as there's something like that, this'll never get dull.

Now... I totally went off topic, then again I didn't know what it was... Umm are rouge decks like, those that are never played in Meta? I've never really understood the concept of it. And, do rouges fair better in tournys? Be honest...

Rouges are generally not Meta decks that aren't Anti-Meta. So a deck like Arceus, Raticate or Eevee would be rouge.

Generally I think that meta decks are considered meta for a reason, and so meta decks should go farther in a tourney, but that doesn't mean they are better.

BTW I'm into the fun think, Arceus is full of win! And my Igglybuff annoyance deck is also win.

Hmm ok that makes sense... Very little rouges make it to a spotlight. Then again, wouldn't all of these decks that're meta now, be considered rouge back then? What exactly makes a deck classified as a Meta deck?

I've not seen an Arceus deck at my league... I've heard talk about it, but noone has actaully accomplished it. Lucky you get to see it, let alone use it.... And Igglybuff sounds...promising. The fun decks I've used were all eevee based. I also want to try something with the new Arcanine... trying to find the perfect pair when it comes to new mixed with old.

Generally large amount of success and widespread use create a meta deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back