BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Will your game code always stay the same or will it change when you start a new game?

How can you see 3D with the game if you arent using the 3ds. i dont get that prosess

how can you pronounce the 5th generation pokemon.I mean its Japenese.

I cant see how to catch *rare* pokemon in the dream world, like lugia and Jarooda...I want some pokemon with the dream world ability like Enobuoo with a deadly Reckless combinated with Head Smash and Flare Blitz. But how to catch these pokemon? Do you somehow send the pokemon to the dream world ,and then catches your own pokemon (again) with new abilities on them? This sounds confusing for me... I guess none of us shouldn't play to much with dreams... The dream world can suddenly be a nightmare world then...

Pokemon like the starters, the eeveelutions, and Arceus are events handouts only, so you'll have to trade. As for pokemon like Lugia, not all pokemon are on (or found) yet.
Second when you play mini-games in dream world to get pokemon, and transfer one to the main game a day, and catch it in the High Link.

How can you see 3D with the game if you arent using the 3ds. i don't get that prosess how can you pronounce the 5th generation pokemon.I mean its Japenese.

1) 3D in this case is meaning the camera angles, not jump-in-your-face 3D. So basically the camera moves around alot unlike in the previous games.

2) There are people who CAN speak Japanese and they tell us how the names are prenounced.

I am currently soft reseting for a shiny reshiram, I want one really bad, but if I were to take a break from soft reseting do I just save and turn of the power and everything will be the same. Please answer ive been soft reseting for about 2-3 hours now.

Try to catch reshiram two times in a row and see if it got different natures both times. If it has ,should it be possible to catch a shiny one. (i wonder if mr V's zekrom can be shiny too?) But the chanse is only around 1:8000 so i dont think 2-3 hours soft reset is enough. I have tried dratini in souls silver in the game corner. I am able to soft reset 5 dratini at the same time there. I have done this over 7 hours and still got no one. That's bad luck. (but for 2 weeks ago i found a shiny gligar with the poke radar on a chain in only 2 That is good luck) Cause i love shiny Gliscor!

Now i got 6 shiny pokemon. Scizor/Gliscor/Donphan/Crobat/Bibarel/Electrode!

How do you get different c-gear skins, I know you half to connnect to dream world which I can do, could anyone give me steps on how to get different c-gear skins:).

^EPM, I'm assuming you have a slight knowledge of the Japanese language... if you didn't, why would you have the game? Go to www.pokemon-gl.com (obviously). Log in and click the yellow/orange box on the right side in the main screen. Click on an option (The one that starts with "Pikachu" is the only C-gear option atm) and click on the button that has a window icon (like a rectangle ontop of a rectangle). Click through, and at the end, it should give you a code. Below where the button with the icon was on the first page, there should be a text box... c/p the code and put it there. Click the "OK" button at the bottom and you should see a loading screen. To edit your C-gear, choose the circle (out of the main 5) with the DS screen on it. Select with C-Gear/pokedex you want and then hit OK. Next time you connect to Global Link, you should do fine.

Also, are you stupid or is English not your first language? I have never EVER seen anybody use "half" in place of "have"

Could someone please tell me how to use pokemon global trade station step by step, please include how to pick which pokemon you want in the GTS, thanks:).

How about that phrase "figure it out yourself"? Go to the wifi lady in the pokemon center, go to GTS on the list. The first option is the GTS you are used to, and the 2nd one will pair you up with another person and you will be able to offer 3 pokemon and they will offer 3 pokemon. You then choose one of the other's 3 and trade. You should be able to read katakana, so it shouldn't be bad. The first option in GTS would be searching for pokemon. The next will be level, and so on.

@Zero
Don't just go assuming that just because someone owns a Japanese game they know how to read it, especially given how user friendly the pokemon games are. I own 5 Japanese pokemon games and I don't know a single character of Japanese, and I fair perfectly well, so don't get all upset because they don't know how and be more kind with your advice.

@EPM
If you need to find a specific pokemon look it up on serebii. They have the japanese spelling at the top near its name.

Thanks:), this helped so much I found the pokemon I wanted, btw why is zero getting upset?

Not upset. The logic is that if you cannot read a word of the games, you should learn the language a bit before posting every other post in a thread asking for help. As Mew had said, the games are very simple to understand. They'd be much easier for you if you could read Katakana. you don't need to understand a word of it... as long as you can read it, you should do fine. More than that, "GTS" is in English. When you buy a game you cannot read, you should expect to do a lot of trial and error.

Pokemon.com said they will reveal the bw starters(english) on November 22 and it is November 22, and pokemon.com still didn't reveal the starters, its still just the sillouets that they have posted up, does anyone know what's going on?

Zorua/Zoroark's Illusion Ability will make it copy the sprite, gender, PokéBall and cry of the LAST Pokémon in YOUR party. When Zoroark/Zorua is hit by any move that does damage, it will return to it's original form. Stuff like Sandstorm not directly from the Opponent won't make Zorua/Zoroark turn back.

(Dunno if I should be posting this question here, but...)

Does anyone know where I could find better quality Sugimori art of the Black/White Pokemon? All the Sugimori art I've found of them has white around the edges from being cropped out of the guide.

@Extreme Pokemon Fan: Actually, that was the first site I went to. Just about all of those images have the distinct white edges around the pokemon, like this:
exampleh.png

(I had to fill in the background - you wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.)

I'm trying to find Sugi art without the white edges so that I can use them for avatars and what-not. It makes the picture look weird when the pokemon stands out too much.

Back