DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

In Generations 2, 3, and 4 (DP only), there is a way to clone your Pokemon via a specific method.
I don't think the Gen 4 way works anymore as I believe the Gen 4 GTS no longer exists - I think it was shut down recently.

Red Striker said:
What is cloning and how is it done?I keep hearing of a "cloning glitch" and thought I might ask.

People clone(duplicate) Pokemon via cheating devices. I won't go into detail because discussing it is prohibited here. As for cloning without a cheating device, there are glitches but i'm not aware of any being in Black/White. Supposedly there is a glitch is Emerald though. That can be found Here.

Do the save batteries in FR/LG/R/S/E die after so many years of saving? I have heard rumors of it still happening and this was not fixed until the DS games came out. Is this true? Thanks.:)

What are the best HM slaves in Gen2?

Well Gabriel, The moost usefull one I found was probablly Furret. Cut, Rock Smash ( I think...), and really is just useful at some points. Tentacruel is too and I wouldn't waste a Gyarados on HM Slave.

- R-C

xxashxx said:
Do the save batteries in FR/LG/R/S/E die after so many years of saving? I have heard rumors of it still happening and this was not fixed until the DS games came out. Is this true? Thanks.:)

From what a Nintendo Representative told me years ago, yes. I had over 500 hours of game play on my Diamond and was worried about my battery dieing because my Silver had just died with less than 50 hours on it so I figured that I was getting pretty close. So I called Nintendo (you know that 1-800 number) and the man told me that it was only possible in GBA games and earlier so yes, FR/LG/R/S/E batteries do die eventually.

DNA said:
In Generations 2, 3, and 4 (DP only), there is a way to clone your Pokemon via a specific method.
I don't think the Gen 4 way works anymore as I believe the Gen 4 GTS no longer exists - I think it was shut down recently.
Actually, I believe that it was just the GTS website that was shut down. The ingame GTS should still work fine.

From what a Nintendo Representative told me years ago, yes. I had over 500 hours of game play on my Diamond and was worried about my battery dieing because my Silver had just died with less than 50 hours on it so I figured that I was getting pretty close. So I called Nintendo (you know that 1-800 number) and the man told me that it was only possible in GBA games and earlier so yes, FR/LG/R/S/E batteries do die eventually.
I'd like to add a bit to this - the save batteries in FRLG/RSE do die out, but it will not affect your save game - all it will do is just prevent the clock and time-based events from happening.
This isn't quite as crucial in FRLG, but it more so affects RSE because of berries and such.

DNA said:
I'd like to add a bit to this - the save batteries in FRLG/RSE do die out, but it will not affect your save game - all it will do is just prevent the clock and time-based events from happening.
This isn't quite as crucial in FRLG, but it more so affects RSE because of berries and such.

Thanks DNA, I forgot to clarify that, my fault! :)

BlueEmboar said:

I have also heard that you can still play the games but you can't get any daily events or berries and what not.:)

I just said exactly that 3 posts ago...

I must have missed your post. Sorry man. I was wondering about the berries etc since you can only get so many berries before the battery dies. If the battery dies how do you get berries if you can't get the battery replaced?:)

I'm pretty sure the only way is to get the battery fixed. There are youtube videos that show how to do it, iirc.

If I had 2 identical Arcanines, (Same Nature and IVs/EVs and stats) both using Extreme speed, Who would hit first if they both had 1 HP?

It's all luck in that case.

Following what DNA said, this is what is called a Speed tie. The game randomly chooses one of them to go first.

pokemon99 said:
I'm pretty sure the only way is to get the battery fixed. There are youtube videos that show how to do it, iirc.

There are videos but you forget when you do it, it VOIDS your warranty forever. I would ship to Nintendo before I did it myself XD.:)

xxashxx said:
There are videos but you forget when you do it, it VOIDS your warranty forever. I would ship to Nintendo before I did it myself XD.:)

Who the heck cares about warranty on a 10-15 year old game?

xxashxx said:

Yeah. I think by the time your battery dies, your warranty would be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back