DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

K, I was wondering if something is different between generations. I have firered, and I just started playing, but my Pokemon won't lvl up fast enough. Is there a difference between firered, and Platinum, because if there is, I will just stick with Platinum.

There's no difference in the exp is alotted until B/W, but the Pokemon themselves might be weaker and therefore give less exp. in firered.

FireRed/LeafGreen came out 9/7/2004 and Emerald came out 4/30/2005.

dmaster out.

Ah ok. That explains it better. I wonder why it was not introduced until FR/LG. Seems they would have fixed that in FR/LG since FR/LG were the first remakes to debut from GSC and R/S. Wonder why they waited for Emerald to do those changes. They never completed certain areas of FR/LG like that mixed up cave and this also. Anyway that makes more sense as I forgot which date was which XD.:)

I see R/G/B sprites in color sometimes on Bulbapedia and such, and sometimes I see colorful screenshots/pictures from those games. And I mean real, matching colors, not just GBC's palette feature. Do those games get some colors if I play them in GBC, or what? I know only about Yellow having some color features. Can anyone tell me how this works? I found no info on the topic.

I honestly have no idea. I play Blue on my GBA SP, and everything is just blue and red as normal. I really don't have a clue where they get the color scheme from...

DNA said:
I honestly have no idea. I play Blue on my GBA SP, and everything is just blue and red as normal. I really don't have a clue where they get the color scheme from...
I think it might be from tweaking the source colours in roms.

I've seen it on photos about GBCs in work as well. I don't get it.

Do you guys remember the Super Gameboy for the Super Nintendo? Well the GBC and GBA are no different from the production that the Super GameBoy produces. Although the Super Gameboy produces a much brighter color scheme because it plays on your TV. The GBC produces the exact same thing except the screen is much smaller and not as bright as the SNES version. The GBA is almost the exact same but slightly less because it has a bright back light. I wished they had implemented the playable feature in the DS for the past games other than the GBA games because it would have made them easier to play on the DS since it has all the buttons and everything but I guess they had no room. The DSi XL was big enough to have a GBA slot for the GBA and regular Gameboy games. I don't know why they did not put it in the GBA XL. I hope the 3DS has it thought. You would think after all this time they would add that feature by now.:)

Add what feature? GBC slots again?

They've stopped adding those.

xxashxx said:
I hope the 3DS has it thought. You would think after all this time they would add that feature by now.:)
You'd think that after all the time the 3DS has been out you would know that it doesn't have a GBA slot.

Is it true that Pokemon deactivated the 4th Gen. GTS server?

slickmario said:
You'd think that after all the time the 3DS has been out you would know that it doesn't have a GBA slot.

I don't have a 3DS so no I did not know it did not have a slot for the regular Gameboy games or a GBA slot. That is why I asked about it. Have they permanently stopped doing this or is Pal Park no longer a feature now?:)

Pal Park exists in 4th gen games to transfer 3rd gen Pokemon over.
To transfer Pokemon from 4th gen into 5th gen, the Poke Transfer is used (it utilizes 2 DS systems and DS Download Play). It's very similar.

So how do I use it because I might be getting B/W soon due to the fact that I can barely find anyone to trade right now. How does this feature work exactly as I might transfer most of my events to B/W when I get it. Does it work like direct trade in Poke centers or is it like something else?:)

Red Striker said:
Is it true that Pokemon deactivated the 4th Gen. GTS server?

No the GTS website was shut down. The GTS still works in the games.

The PokeTransfer is like a slingshot type of game. On route 15 (?) there is a laboratory. If it is your first time there, you will be given a walkthrough on how the machine works. Use a second DS, turn it on (but don't turn on the game), go to DS Download Play, and hit the selection that should pop up.

I know how Poketransfer works.I just wanted to know if the 4th Gen. GTS was shutdown(and now I know)since I need a Registeel for my Diamond.

*EDIT*:Woops.Sorry.

He was answering Ash's question there :p

Ok I don't have the game yet but when I do get it I will ask again but this time with a walkthrough on how to do it XD. Thanks.:)

Hello everyone,

I realize this is stickied, so I guess I can post here (even though it's been 2 weeks). I was just wondering:

If I have an Adamant Magikarp with a spread of x/31/x/31/x/31, and an Adamant Ditto with a spread of 31/x/x/x/x/x, what is the average ratio to get a Magikarp with a spread of 31/31/x/31/x/31?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back