DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

I don't think Zac's question was 'Can you EV train a LV.100 Pokemon, like in my case Arceus?' I'm pretty sure he was asking about the EV Spread, mainly because he listed the EV Spread below his post.

For those still unclear:

AEX said:
Pokemon at Lv. 100 cannot be EV trained, as the stats gained via EV training are gained gradually as you level that Pokemon up. As of now, only vitamins (Protein, Carbos, etc.) can be used, giving 100 EVs to which ever stat you want, or giving 25 stats in total. Nothing much you can do other than vitamins I guess.

well actually i want to jknow if i can ev it and if so how would i do this ev spread

i think you can like kill pokemon fro evs and put it in the pc for stats to come back but im unshure

srry bout typos

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
You can't EV train them; you can attempt to get somewhere with Vitamins. They provide EVs but are capped at 10 per Pokemon. Or 10 per stat? Can't remember. Regardless it's still not at it's full potienal.

If you know how to work Pokesav you can EV train level 100 Pokemon by using the program to lower the level of the Pokemon. After that is done you can EV train it. You only need to sav it down about 20-25 levels to EV train it.:) EDiT. The EV spread when using vitamins is 51 bottles only. Which means you can use 10 bottles on 5 stats of your choice and only 1 bottle on the 6th stat of your choice. Make sure you do 3 at a time on each stat because if you max 1 of them off the bat to 10 you will not be able to give all the bottles to the Pokemon. Which means on the 5 stats of your choice start with 3 bottles on each stat then after doing 3 bottles on each stat that you want 10 on then you do 3 more until each stat is raised and then put on 3 more and after that put all the remaining bottles on then saved and your stats will be maxed and all you have to do is level up your Pokemon.:)

... yeah, let's hack it open, because then everything becomes easy as pie. For the general populace without mods an untrained level 100 is majorly useless.

Level 100s can't gain Exp; therefore, they can't gain EVs in battle either, since the two are linked. The only way to give a level 100 EVs is to feed it vitamins.

Shiny Pichu in Arceus DVD?

My friend told me about there being secret special editions of the arceus movie on dvd that have a time and place for the downloading of the shiny pichu. Is this true?

Wichu said:
Level 100s can't gain Exp; therefore, they can't gain EVs in battle either, since the two are linked. The only way to give a level 100 EVs is to feed it vitamins.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can EV train at level 100. You just have to deposit it back into the PC for them to take effect.

^That (the 'box trick') actually does not work in Gen IV anymore. Therefore, the only option for EV-training level 100 Pokemon is vitamins.

EspeonROX said:
Edit: I have a Lv.51? Mew who I have battled with. It has not been EV trained, and I would like to get rid of all the accidental EV points I gave it. How would I do that? I know I need some sort of berries...

Also, how do you abuse the RNG?

Please respond.

Actually, Mew, I've heard something like that before... :| Never mind, DNA cleared that up.

Oh. Yeah, you use the EV berries, names of which I can't remember... First one brings it to 100, each subsequent one drops by 10. Which means, to completely eradicate all EVs you'll need something like 8-11 of each relevant berry...
Kelpsy; Attack
Qualot; Defense
Hondew; SpA
Grepa; SpD
Tamato; Spe
Pomeg; HP

kiba963 said:
Shiny Pichu in Arceus DVD?

My friend told me about there being secret special editions of the arceus movie on dvd that have a time and place for the downloading of the shiny pichu. Is this true?

I doubt it... Wasn't it a Wi-Fi giveaway in Japan? It will most likely be the same everywhere else, meaning there won't be a set place.

Wichu said:
I doubt it... Wasn't it a Wi-Fi giveaway in Japan? It will most likely be the same everywhere else, meaning there won't be a set place.

I hope so, I really want one XD{L}

I'm new to EV training in game since I am usually using shoddy. I have some questions. What is the easiest pokemong to EV train? What are the steps to properly EV training this pokemon? What are the items needed to EV train that pokemon?

#1weavile said:
I'm new to EV training in game since I am usually using shoddy. I have some questions. What is the easiest pokemong to EV train? What are the steps to properly EV training this pokemon? What are the items needed to EV train that pokemon?

There is no easiest Pokemon to EV train really :p All Pokemon can have 510 EVs, 255 max in each stat, so they are all equally difficult to EV train. To EV train a Pokemon, a good start would be to feed it vitamins just because they are quick (saying you have the $$ for it) Each one gives +10 EVs to its specific stat.

if you want to get a stat above 100 EVs (because vitamins will only raise it to 100) then you have to start knocking out Pokemon for the remainder (however many you want overall) of the EVs. Pokerus & Power items make this an easier process. Let's say I want 252 speed EVs on my Pokemon:

1) Give it 10 Carbos (now it is at 100 EVs in that stat)
2) If possible make it hold Power Anklet (+4 speed EVs per KO)
3) If possible give it the Pokerus (doubles the amount of EV gain)
4) Now that we are still at 100 EVs and vitamins don't work anymore, we need to start knocking out Pokemon. Since I'm going for 252, that means only 152 left. I'm also going to say that my Pokemon has the Pokerus and a power item. Knocking out Magikarp give you +1 speed EV, so we have +1 speed EV plus an additional 4 for the power item and then the Pokerus which makes knocking out one magikarp give me 10 EVs in speed
5) Knock out 15 Magikarp (this will give me 250 speed EVs when the vitamins are applied)
6) Since another KO would bring me directly to 255, let's take off the power item so that we only have +1 speed EV doubled, yielding +2 speed EVs.
7) KO one Magikarp (252 speed EVs -- we're done!)

Power Items:
Power Anklet - Speed
Power Band - Sp. Defense
Power Belt - Defense
Power Bracer - Attack
Power Lens - Sp. Attack
Power Weight - HP

Macho Brace - doubles whatever EVs the KO'd Pokemon give

Vitamins:
Calcium - Sp. Attack
Carbos - Speed
Iron - Defense
Protein - Attack
Zinc - Special Defense

Pokerus
Wears off at midnight unless the Pokemon is in the PC. Pokerus can be spread to Pokemon that have not been affected yet. Make sure that you finish EV training before it wears off or it is a little more annoying and takes more time to EV train.

Speaking of the power anklet, what is it really supposed to do? I gave it to my lvl 76 piplup and it made him slower. I need him to gain more speed EXP instead of +1 every time he levels up. How do I change this?

What do you mean speed EXP? Ther is exp, And speed EV's. Which do you mean?

Juliacoolo said:
What do you mean speed EXP? Ther is exp, And speed EV's. Which do you mean?

wait what's EV?:D I bet that's what I mean.

EV = Effort Value/Effort Point

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back