DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

No it isn't; each game has to receive the Member's Card individually.

I have a question about RNG abuse.

I use a IV calculator, but I get like 28-31

so what number do I put?

Hey guys, I have a question: I'm trying to breed my Shuckle with a Bold Ditto. For some reason, he won't give birth. I've tried a boy and a girl shuckle, it just won't work. What am I doing wrong? Seribi.net says he can breed with ditto, and he can breed with my other Ditto's anyways.

Plz help me! :)

Deck_Master

The way breeding works is that there are three factors that determine the Pokemon's affinity for each other.

1) They're in the same egg group. This is a must. You seem to already have that. The Day-Care Man will say that they don't like each other much if this is it.
2) They have different OTs. This boosts your chances.
3) They are the same species. This further boosts your chances.

The game calculates whether or not they will lay an egg once every 256 steps. If you have only one factor, the chance is 20%. If you have two, the chance is 50%, and if you have three, the chance is 70%. This is reapplied once every 256 steps. I think you're just getting unlucky.

Unless the Day-Care Man is saying they prefer to play with other Pokemon rather than each other, then you have a chance.

Oh, thanks for your information. It helped me some, and I got them breeding again. Thanks....:D

I gotta another question.

My Shuckle:
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def, -Attack)
Infected with PKVS.
Holding a Power Band - Special Defense increase

Lets say he kills a Burmy giving off 1 Sp.defence Effort Value. In total, how many Ev's did he get?

Deck_Master

Burmy gives 1 SD. (I'll assume that you're correct and I won't look it up.)
Power Band gives another 4 SD,
and then PokeRus multiplies that all by two, giving Shuckle a total of 10 SD EVs from the Burmy.

Hey, thanks again. I have 2 more questions:

1. Do you still get PKVS effect if the Pokemon's effected by a special condition? When your effected it replaces the PKVS sign with a special condition sign.

2. If a bunch of Pokemon went into battle holding an Amulet Coin, would they benefit from the other Amulet Coins?

Deck_Master

Deck Master said:
Hey, thanks again. I have 2 more questions:

1. Do you still get PKVS effect if the Pokemon's effected by a special condition? When your effected it replaces the PKVS sign with a special condition sign.

2. If a bunch of Pokemon went into battle holding an Amulet Coin, would they benefit from the other Amulet Coins?

Deck_Master

1. It still does. All it does is disappear temporarily until you heal your Pokemon :p
  2. From my experience with it, no it doesn't work. I've tryed it a few times, and it only seems to take the first money boost :(

Oh thank you thank you! ;)

Heres another question. How powerful can the moves Frustration and Return get? Izaru Yoshimura from the Video Game Championships used it on his Snorlax, so I'm figuring it could be pretty powerful: http://www.go-pokemon.com/worlds/2009/

Deck_Master

Base power is what the relative power of the move is. The higher the number is, the more damage it will cause.

For example, Tackle (a move most starters begin with) has a base power of 35. You can examine this yourself by going into the Pokemon info window.

Most (offensive) moves in competitive battle will have base powers that average in the 80s. T-Bolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Surf all have base powers of 95, and thus are quite powerful moves. Dragon Pulse and Psychic have 90; Shadow Ball and Energy Ball have 80; Grass Knot has a variable base power dependent on the target's weight (but it caps at 120) - and so forth. Each move states what base power (and accuracy) it has when you examine it. (Support moves like Helping Hand and Dragon Dance do not have a base power as they do not deal damage.)

102 BP is quite high, just barely surpassing Earthquake's 100. And since Snorlax gets STAB on Return, that is another x1.5, giving it a theoretical base power of 153. And Snorlax is not only powerful, but sturdy. So expect it to do a lot of damage - especially after a Belly Drum.

oh sorry thought you understood all that, so yeah the BP is the number along with accuracy in the move description in-game, like he said most 100% accurate moves have 80-95 base power often depending on their secondary effects (higher percent chance means lower BP) so yeah 102 is very high for a 100% accurate move, though lower than the moves like fire blast, stone edge, blizzard, and thunder which generally have 120 BP

I have a question.
Is the quickest way to ev train use vitamins until you can't then battle?

Yes, first give the Pokemon the number of vitamins you want (make sure it's for the right stat) After 100 EVs (10 for every vitamin) you can't use any vitamins anymore. So not using vitamins is more a waste of time. After that, you've to gain your EVs by battling

All right thanks.
Cause I've heard different stratagies.
Thank you =D

Okay, I can't find a definitive answer anywhere; what's kept when an egg is recieved as opposed to when it's hatched?

absolutely nothing is determined when its hatched, nature gender and ability are decided when the old man gets the eggs (turn to the right) and ivs are determined when you take the egg from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back