PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

^ This.

Cards you obtain from in-game rewards (except Wheel and Tournament prizes) are trade locked. You can't trade them away. The ones you can trade are the ones you pull from packs you redeem and the ones you win in Tournaments or as Wheel prizes.

Win on the Winner Prize Wheel, that is. The Loser Wheel has locked packs, I believe.

RE: Tcg online help

DarkraiGuy said:
*If this is he wrong place to post please move it thank you:)*

Every time i download the file and load it it will load up the part where you see something electric like(when the white light/energy starts moving as the graphic for the game begins) Then it dims and that is that, it freezes at that point. I then hit the refresh file that comes with the game and it says update error loading file please reinstall software. Is redownlading not reinstalling? if so please inform me how to do so. Is there any other advice or help anyone can offer me to get the online game to work? I have never go it to work so i have never played on my mac before. thank you for the help. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post.
*edit* Ohh i see I was moved thank you to the very helpful monitors! But yes I am experiencing precisely Keldeoqueens problem.
I have a similar problem where after it is done downloading, the background and music load just fine but everything else is in a black box and I cannot do anything. In the refresh file, I get updates 5/5 and the bar is full but not disappered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. what can I do to fix this problem?

Hello, I have a problem with playing the game, everything works fine but when I load in the game all of the text and boxes are blacked out. Thanks.

So when I try to 'discard' one of my Daily Challenges and accept the new one, the 'accept' button is locked and unclickable. Now it's barricading my entry into the game until I click the unclickable button. To fix this do I just need to reinstall the program?

Has anyone ever managed to find a webcam that works with PTCGO for redeeming codes?

My Logitech C525 is no use, I've resorted to using a QR Scanner on my phone to bulk scan codes then copy paste them into PTCGO

So when I try to 'discard' one of my Daily Challenges and accept the new one, the 'accept' button is locked and unclickable. Now it's barricading my entry into the game until I click the unclickable button. To fix this do I just need to reinstall the program?

Just went a did a bit research on the PTCGO Forums and discovered that you need to click onto the Challenge you want. Yay, fixed ^_^

So I just discovered this thread exists and after going through six pages, I've got a request:

If not its own subforum, could we at least get a few separate threads? I'm not on these boards much so maybe that is why I didn't spot this thread, but the fact that the vast majority of posts are people needing help troubleshooting technical issues and not actually discussing the game itself is a bit off-putting and probably distracting for both involved. At least a separate "PTCGO Discussion Thread" and "PTCGO Troubleshooting Thread" seems good.

I mean I'd like to discuss the PTCGO with people outside of the heavily restricted PTCGO forums. There is so much that new players need to know or at least would be better off knowing. Sometimes it also helps everyone else when they know it as well and sometimes it even applies to not-so-new players:

• How to really get started
  • How to best earn tokens
  • How to best earn boosters
  • How to trade well
  • How to shop well (even with tokens)
  • Netiquette
  • How to best tackle daily challenges
Doing it all here (especially buried several pages in) seems like it won't do much good.

As someone that no longer can play the Pokémon TCG in real life, it is nice having a way to play online that is legit.

So I just discovered this thread exists and after going through six pages, I've got a request:

If not its own subforum, could we at least get a few separate threads? I'm not on these boards much so maybe that is why I didn't spot this thread, but the fact that the vast majority of posts are people needing help troubleshooting technical issues and not actually discussing the game itself is a bit off-putting and probably distracting for both involved. At least a separate "PTCGO Discussion Thread" and "PTCGO Troubleshooting Thread" seems good.

I mean I'd like to discuss the PTCGO with people outside of the heavily restricted PTCGO forums. There is so much that new players need to know or at least would be better off knowing. Sometimes it also helps everyone else when they know it as well and sometimes it even applies to not-so-new players:

• How to really get started
  • How to best earn tokens
  • How to best earn boosters
  • How to trade well
  • How to shop well (even with tokens)
  • Netiquette
  • How to best tackle daily challenges
Doing it all here (especially buried several pages in) seems like it won't do much good.

As someone that no longer can play the Pokémon TCG in real life, it is nice having a way to play online that is legit.

With how little people seem to discuss PTCGO on PokeBeach, I feel a thread to discuss it wouldn't be that active. If you were planning on writing up some tips to help new players get started, I would be happy to put them in the OP of this thread. Those could be very useful to anyone who does use PTCGO. :)

With how little people seem to discuss PTCGO on PokeBeach, I feel a thread to discuss it wouldn't be that active. If you were planning on writing up some tips to help new players get started, I would be happy to put them in the OP of this thread. Those could be very useful to anyone who does use PTCGO. :)

I will consider it; I make no promises because I'm a horrible procrastinator. >.>

Though I do wonder if part of why people don't discuss it is... well... I almost ignored this thread completely since it seemed to be nothing but technical trouble shooting with the occasional "[Insert Unofficial Online TCG Program] is better!" comment. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right as frankly the PTCGO struggles to get and then keep people playing.

Okay so basically, I have Pokemon TCGO installed into my Windows 8 computer right now and what is happening is that every time that I load in the Pokemon TCGO, my computer doesn't fully load it all in. The loading part is perfect, it even allows me to play, however, at the home screen, there are no options that show whatsoever. For example, there is supposed to be a play option that it rectangular right, well that doesn't show up at all. Instead, all I see is Zach (I believe that's his name) on the left with nothing else on screen except for visual effects of the background. Please help me understand what is happening and how to fix this problem I am having. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    800 KB · Views: 4

Actually I exclusively play TCGO so I'm happy for this thread existing, I did however end up collecting XY theme decks which was the era I got back into the TCG.

Whenever I try to play, all it does is says Is "Error: Had trouble downloading the preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet is fine, but do any of you know why I can't play?

Whenever I try to play, all it does is says Is "Error: Had trouble downloading the preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet is fine, but do any of you know why I can't play?
When did you install? Because it sounds like it is try to do an incremental update, and knowing TPCi they probably don't have anything but the latest version on their servers.

I play primarily on the online client since there are barely any Leagues that I can readily access in my area, and I don't have a competitive deck set-up in real life. So this is how I play until some IRL stuff falls into place.

Has anyone ever managed to find a webcam that works with PTCGO for redeeming codes?

My Logitech C525 is no use, I've resorted to using a QR Scanner on my phone to bulk scan codes then copy paste them into PTCGO

Built-in iSight (now FaceTime) camera on Macs works. Key that I've found is to have the card further away from the camera than you think. The whole card should be visible to the camera, plus a bit extra.

Built-in iSight (now FaceTime) camera on Macs works. Key that I've found is to have the card further away from the camera than you think. The whole card should be visible to the camera, plus a bit extra.

Great, so the solution is buy a £1000 Mac

Thanks for the help anyway

I have download the Pokémon TCG Online on the computer with the tower and my laptop but it seems that I am unable to create an account. It keeps saying to go to the Pokémon site to create the account. Is the game having trouble with people creating accounts or is it just me?

Back