PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

RE: Pokemon TCGO Problems

The best advice I can offer you with this problem (I've experience similar, although not identical, issues in the past) is to use a program like C Cleaner to just remove any traces of the old install, clear your browser cache, and delete temporary files in general. Once this is done, restart your computer, and try again (do not open anything else while doing this). Try to ensure your internet connection is also mostly clear.

How do You get Black Star Promo Cards on PTCGO?

I'm stumped. Even nobody on PTCGO seems to know.

I want to obtain the new Greninja promo on PTCGO. The Darkness type one with Mist Concealment ability. The only way to buy them is through checklane boosters, and they don't come with a code card you can redeem.

I see that the Shifty promo is on the PTCGO shop - but that's a different type of product as it comes with 3 boosters instead of 1.

RE: How do you get Black Star Promo cards on PTCGO?

There's a variety of ways to obtain the Black Star Promos nowadays in the PTCGO:
-Through codes that come with the product the cards came of. This is mostly the case for tins.
-The prize wheel at the end of every match. This is mostly the case for this type of promos, since cards distributed this way include the Drifblim DRX Reprint and the Team Plasma non-EX Full Arts.
-Winning tournaments: I remember they gave away a BW Promo Zoroark to whoever that won one of the tournaments' Alpha testings, and that was a card not obtainable any other way.

My advice? Wait. Sadly, that's all you can do until the card is available, most probably through the Wheel.

Getting Singles for PTCGO?

I'm relatively new to the Pokemon TCG, and I want to get into the online version. Before I commit to it, however, I wanted to ask how easy it is to get singles for the game, instead of having to buy/open virtual booster packs. I want to use my Night March deck, but I don't want to have to put too much time or money into building it again.

RE: Getting singles for PTCGO?

Yay another Vaporeon fan! :D
You're better off going on PlayTCG ONE if you want to play online for free. It has a nice interface, pretty similar to PTCGO. However if you insist on playing on PTCGO, sadly there are no singles unless the card you want is a promo (not the case for Night March.) so you'd have to buy boosters to get the codes.

You can play quite a bit to try and get some booster packs or buy boosters from the store (the latter you cannot trade).
But as Vom said, TCGONE is much better if you want to test or play for fun without collecting.

The best interface is Pokemon TCGO for the most part, but it takes a lot of time to get a good top tier deck going.

PlayTCG is the most realistic pokemon simulator, but it way too easy to make mistakes for. PlayTCG has a more competitive focus.

TCGone is a middle ground between the two.

If you are set on TCGO I would suggest trading off booster packs you get from matches or dailies. I was able to build a pretty good Night March deck with 5 packs. You can get a lot of 4 commons for 1 pack deals. I would also suggest aiming for decks that are lower tiers because they are easier to make, and require less time.

TCG Update Doesn't Finish

Ok, I just downloaded this, and it seems like it has to update.
It won't let me play before it's getting updated.
It got at 50.00%, but it just stays there forever.
It says "this update may take a several minutes", but the thing is.....it's stuk at 50.00% FOR 4 HOURS!!
Any idea why is this and how to fix it?

RE: TCG Update Doesn't Finish

My memory is a little foggy on this, but I had the same problem. I think I just waited until it got to 100 or like 99% then clicked play really fast before it restarted. That or I just left it overnight after trying to click it.

RE: TCGO problems

You may wish to add the information for the Pokémon Support Center in the OP as well, since people may have technical questions that can't be troubleshooted (troubleshot?) and require actual tech help. I referenced it in a previous post that has been merged to this thread, here:

Athena said:
If the above solutions don't work, I'm not sure if anyone here can help you, but according to the Pokémon Support Center, there is an e-mail address set up specifically to help with account issues: [email protected]. I would suggest that your brother e-mail this support e-mail from the e-mail that he used to create his account and hopefully he can get the technical assistance he needs from the people who are in a position to help.

Added. Thanks, Athena! :D ~Luispipe8

Luispipe8 said:
This is The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online Discussion & Troubleshoot Thread.

Here, you may:
  • Ask general questions about TPCi's official gaming client.
  • Ask for troubleshooting to see if a fellow member can give you a hand.
  • Discuss things like card availability, the client's functions and features, etc.

You may not:
  • Look for other members willing to battle you in the game.
  • Ask for cards. All trades/request must be done via Private/Profile Messages.
  • Share videos containing gameplays, playtests or the like.

Common things that you may be experiencing are:

Q: I don't know what's my Log In information. Where can I see it?
A: Your Log In information is the same one you use to enter Pokémon.com. Be aware that if you change any details in the site, it will be changed in the client as well.

Q: The avatar I have is not of my liking. How can I change it?
A: The avatar you use on PTCGO is the same one as in Pokémon.com. Change it there and the one in PTCGO will match it.

Q: When I open up the game, all I see are purple-colored blocks and the cards don't show up. Why is that?
A: That means that your graphics card driver might be outdated. If updating the driver doesn't solve the issue, then you should change your graphics card or computer.

Q: Where are my cards?
A: Your cards show up in the "Collection" section. There you can use an array of filters to sort them.

Q: How do I redeem codes and how do I access their content?
A: You redeem your codes in the "Redeem" section of the store. When you redeem a pack/deck, that product will be available in the "Packs" section of your collection.

Q: I have almost no coins. How can I get more?
A: You get a coin for every match you play in the game, and extra rewards(including coins) come if enough time has passed before the game finished. Also, playing games in Pokémon.com can net you up to 20 coins per week.

Q: I'm unable to install the game due to "damaged files." What can I do?
A: This was an error happening pretty frequently, so this is one of the solutions:
  • Open System Preferences.
  • Navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab.
  • If the ‘Allow Apps Downloaded From’ area is grayed out, click the lock in the lower left corner to allow changes to be made.
  • Choose ‘Anywhere’
  • The game should open normally.

Q: Cards take a long time to load, how can I reduce the load time for cards in the Pokémon TCG Online?
A: Cards load for the first time as soon as the card shows up in the game. There's a way to make sure cards are loaded before entering a game, though:
  • Enter your Collection by selecting the Collection button from the main screen.
  • Once there, remove the checkmark for Filters.
  • Select the Tiled View.
  • Apply the checkmarks for both Show Owned and Show Not Owned.
  • Slowly scroll through all cards, ensuring that each loads and is properly displaying the card image.
  • Once this is complete, loading times should be reduced, if not eliminated, during matches.

Q: When installing/updating, the Refresher gets stuck at 50% and no longer moves. How can I solve this?
A: Usually, uninstalling the game from the computer, downloading a new installation file from the site and re-installing would solve the issue. Otherwise, changing the memory drive where the game is installed can fix it.

Q: When I want to start playing, it always say me "ERROR, could not connect to server". How can I fix this?
A: Check that you have an active Internet connection and that PTCGO has permission to connect to the web.

When i try to log in it keeps saying my version is out of date...Can you please tell me how to fix it?

SirGoodra said:
When i try to log in it keeps saying my version is out of date...Can you please tell me how to fix it?

You should run the Refresher so the Client can update to the newest version. If that doesn't work, just download the most recent version from the official site.

Hello.

I have a problem with Pokémon TCGO, I am not able install it.
I have downloaded the installer. When i try start it, it looks like is opening (appearence of mouse cursor) for a while, but installation does not open. No warning or error notice have appeared.
I am using Windows Vista. Unfortunatelly, adjustment at my PC is mixed in English and my maternal language. I did not find area ‘Allow Apps Downloaded From’, on a Security tab, but it may be the wrong one (tab). I am attaching a picture where I was looking for.

Can you describe its place more detaily to easier looking for? Or add a picture how it (panel and tab) looks like?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I have solved the previous problem, but I have a new one :(. Is there some maintenance? It is the "Server unavailable" problem. I can't start game, but internet connection is working. Unfortunatelly game did not log me automatically when I log in on pokemon.com before :(. I have added an exception into firewall, but it did not helped. I can't change modem or roter settings, because there are shared.
Can you help me?

Attachments

• Systém.jpg
    Systém.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
cards showing red and won't load

I installed the game on a second computer and wasn't playing on the first computer. 99% of the cards won't show up and they are showing red like they won't load not the usual blue card with the loading bar. Is it because I am using the same account on 2 computers? Or?

Thanks
Misty

I'm having trouble reinstalling the game. I download the installer as usual, but it can't install everything unless it's in a file folder that isn't on my computer. I've tried uninstalling and removing all evidence of the old program, but I still come up with the old error. Does anybody Else hav this same problem? I use Windows 7.

trying to re-install on mac. It goes the the install and I see a successfully installed message. But the game is not on my computer. I've tried a few times and it is not installing

any tips?

it used to work fine, but prompted me to update and now it is gone

TCGO Trade Problem

I realize this is a Pokemon TCGO post, but it still falls under the TCG threads. I recently opened a Phantom Forces pack, and in it I pulled a Mega Gengar EX. I wanted to trade it for a Lucario EX, but the game won't let me trade it. Any advice?

Back