Writing The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Congratulations to our first place winner a

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Time to write! The writing prompt has been posted!

is there a rating limit? like do we have to keep it pg or anything?

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Time to write! The writing prompt has been posted!

Writer's Corner Rules said:
Despite these forums in general being a kid-friendly atmosphere, there are some exceptions to that are extended to authors within the Writer’s Corner. So long as fictions do not contain excess violence, language, dark-themes, sexual insinuation, or other distinctly adult content such as drug or alcohol reference, they will be permitted within this forum. However, do NOT abuse this leniency! Any fictions that are deemed to have too much of this stuff as deemed by any member of the PokéBeach staff shall be removed, and the writer will be severely warned.

Yup. PG-13 is permitted, but keep it forum-appropriate.

Prompt said:
The day the walls could talk.
Hmm.... Interesting prompt.
*Lightbulb goes off.*
Yes, I've got it. Microsoft Word, here I come.

Are the judges going to only say who wins, or are they going to rank them all? I'd want to know how epicly I fail well I do.

Here's how it's going to go down-

>Deadline arrives, all submissions should have been PM'd to me by then
>I post all submissions without the names of the authors
>The judges decide through PM the top three submissions
>I will post the competition results

^And I'm pretty sure ST17 is sending us all the submissions... without telling us who wrote them. That way there is absolutely no chance of favoritism as everything will be anonymous.
After we get everything, I, Zenith, and PMJ will discuss amongst ourselves who is the winrar.

DNA said:

DNA is the winrar, errybody.
But, uh. Yeah. What he said.

What time should they be sent in by on Saturday?

SinnohTrainer17 said:
I wish the best of luck to all participants. Please PM your submissions to ME by this Saturday, February 19th, 11:59 EST.

asdf

Reminder! About two days left until ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE!

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Only two more days left! PM ST17 your submission!

Ah! This was harder then I thought! Barely got a decent idea that I've been working with. Eh, I'll manage though.

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Only two more days left! PM ST17 your submission!

I honestly completely forgot, also the only way I could think of doing it was walls recounting really bad crimes/murders which apparently is too r rated for the forums anyway, so I'm dropping out..good luck everyone

Edit: however if i somehow write something up and send it in by due day then obviously i still want to be in

I rather like my idea, but the 2000 word limit is seriously hindering my story. Hopefully I'll stop goofing off and finish it.

It's because we don't want to read a bunch of stories longer than that. I would have pushed for a 1500 word limit if I had thought it would have flown.

I haven't completed mine yet, but I am worried about the word limit...

Also, I just converted my time to EST, and I just find out that it's Friday where I live, but it's Saturday in EST. o.o

Oh darn. I guess I misunderstood the 2000 word limit thing. I thought it had to be at least 2000 words. Oh well, I'll manage. Almost done btw.

EDIT:(from about 4 hours later) Mine's in.

The word limit is not only because we don't want to deal with endless text walls, but it's also part of the challenge. Also-@Twig I don't think you did that correctly, because it's Friday night at 11:30 PM in EST as of now xP

Also- once we reach the deadline, I will post the submissions without their author's names in this very thread. However, the judges will be discussing the results privately. To keep things fair, I will not be judging considering I have seen who wrote what (to avoid all bias judging and/or arguments).

@SinnohTrainer: Oh really now? Then I have more time! =D

I'll try to get it done today though...It's 10 pm here...

Edit: I'm 3/4 done. Should be finished soon.

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Only one more day left! PM ST17 your submission!

About fifteen more minutes until the deadline...and I only have four entries!

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Only one more day left! PM ST17 your submission!

SinnohTrainer17 said:
About fifteen more minutes until the deadline...and I only have four entries!
Eek, That's bad!

SinnohTrainer17 said:
we don't want to deal with endless text walls
Was that an intensional pun? Or was it just a coincidence?

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Time is running out! PM me all submissions NOW!

I just sent mine in. I thought I had more time...I hope I'm not too late. Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back