The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System: Check last post for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System

I like this idea, but how should it be helpfull ?xD

It's a good system besides the whole "revenge" thing.
InuMimi (1) - Last updated Yesterday, 04:35 pm

Negative (-1): Don't be hypocritical.
Do people understand what this system is for???

P.S. Do mods even check this?

EDIT: I need to check my posts before I actually "post" them =/.

darkrai1246 said:
It's a good system besides the whole "revenge thing"
InuMimi (1) - Last updated Yesterday, 04:35 pm

Negative (-1): Don't be hypocritical.
Do people understand what this system is for???

P.S. Do mods even check this?
Green mods can't do anything about the rep system. Not sure about pinks.

Pink Moderators = Super Moderators. They should be able to. Most S-Mods can check your reputation and delete spam reps.

I think S-Mods (or maybe even mods themselves) should be able to get rid of these non-accurate reps.

You know, I'm getting kinda sick of people giving negative reps to people with good grammar and spelling, just because they gave the reppers a bad rep. Like my rep, charging_chimchar gave me a negative because I gave him a negative for good reason.

Same here, Gale. charging_chimchar negatived me because I negatived him >.>

This is why this rep system is so stupid. People will give negative reps to people who gave them negative reps...

Amen. This system definatly has flaws...but I think we should rate on spelling and grammar, not on ANYTHING else. And if I get a bad ref, I don't just go bad rep someone else! LV did it to me.

I also think you should point an example of the last day where the person used bad grammar, otherwise the person is making it up.

Last thing. I think the system is very biased based on who determines what bad grammar is. I mean, I got a bad rep for not capitalizing a pokemon's name!!! Give me a break. I think if people know what you are saying without having to squint and there are letters missing, your grammar is par if not better.

I am out.

This system does have flaws and members are pointing them out with pointless negative reps.

Let me clarify: Is using slang terms (like ain't), or Internet terms (n00b, lol, etc) considered as bad English? Bad English = meaningless sentences spelled incorrectly; Informal English = proper English...

Check my rep.

Slang refers to informal language. My comm. teacher always pounded the importance of formal writing. But IMO, even that doesn't deserve a negative, as long as you didn't overuse it to excess.

Zyflair said:
Slang refers to informal language. My comm. teacher always pounded the importance of formal writing. But IMO, even that doesn't deserve a negative, as long as you didn't overuse it to excess.

There is nothing wrong with using slang terms... informal language is still grammatically corrent. If slang terms warrent a negative, everyone who uses the word 'n00b' would be given negatives...

The only time I used "ain't" was once, when I was giving someone a positive rep...

My reputation said:
lilsparks101 (1) - Last updated Yesterday, 05:48 pm

Negative (-1): I was going to ignore it, but your puncuation is bad... (P.S dont rate people on stupid stuff just because you can)
What the fudge! I gave them a negative rep because they don't capitalize and they said that it was something stupid??? This is what I call "revenge"...

This rep system is horrible I say as members we overthrow it as soon as possible. I rather get rep on my posts concepts and such. Not by spelling and grammar that is what school is for.

O_O
This is so unfair to me. I have a broken arm. I make grammatical errors all the time.

My reputation said:
Rory (2) - Last updated 10-06-2008, 05:00 pm

Negative (-1): Hopefully it's true that you can be banned by having enough negative refs. Why have noobnerd's forum rickroll in your bio? Totally stupid and useless; if people want to read that they can go to NN's profile seeing as he made it, not you.
Harsh.. And yet it has absolutely nothing to do with spelling and grammar....

True. Even though a member may get on someone's nerves, that's rude to hope for someone to get banned. I agree totally. And it's defenitely off the purpose of giving reps for spelling and grammar.

But doesn't this just discourage WPM?
We should take more action than just talk about it. :p

Its a love-hate relationship for me >_<

The people who are giving reps for being a good friend, spamming, being annoying, and ect. are the ones abusing the system.
Some people have a simple typo like "teh" and then they get a negative rep for it, I mean really, its a typo.
For one, its called the spelling/grammar reputation system, I think the people that abuse the system like that should get a warning, if it continues a 3-day ban, and ect.

But I personally think that this is getting to overboard and i am sure other people think so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back