The Naptime Thread

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Discuss the subject of sleep here. How much sleep do you get every night? When do you wake up/go to bed? How much sleep is too much? Is there even such a thing of too much sleep? Do you sleep? What do you consider not enough sleep? Does it affect your every-day life at school or work?

Me, I get about six hours of sleep every school night (wish I got more :/), and anywhere from eight to twelve hours on weekends. I really wish you could actually make up for lack of sleep. Apparently some studies have shown that you technically can't make up sleep. 'Tis unfortunate.

Talk it up!

If studies say it, then it MUST be true!

I generally get between 8 to 9 hours of sleep per night, and that usually doesn't waver. On weekends, however, I usually sleep less. Sleeping in the middle of the day is something I don't usually do at all.

also, "naptime" lol

I'm one of those people who can't stand little sleep. More the reason why I don't watch anything past 11 at night. I usually get at least 8 hours of sleep on the weekdays, and nine-ten hours on the weekends/days off. On rare occasions I've gone nearly 12 hours of sleep before.

I sleep a lot. It's basically my favorite activity. On a good night, I get about ten hours.

Also, the "not being able to make up sleep" is true, at least within the current realm of human knowledge.

I average around 7-8 hours of sleep, though it changes when there is premier events since I often work Friday and Saturday night. There's been times where I go more than 24 hours without sleeping. It does affect me a little when it gets to that point. If I hit about 30 hours of no sleep, my bodies tries to force me to sleep. I don't have a set time in which I sleep since if I worked the previous night I sleep in the morning. If I didn't work, I go to sleep around 9:15. I'd agree with you can't make up sleep because if I sleep more than 4 hours after getting back from work, I only get 2-3 hours of sleep when I go to sleep at night no matter if I stay up til 9:15 or 11:15.

On school nights, I get an average of about eight hours. On the weekends, I get the same amount, occasionally nine hours. I normally go to sleep at around 10:00PM and wake up around 6:00AM to 7:00AM. However, sometimes that catches up to me. I accidentally fell asleep in Algebra today and din't get caught. When I woke up, my teacher asked me if I did the problem. It took me about 30 seconds, but I was the only one that got the right answer. Sorry for digressing, anyways, so yeah, around eight hours of sleep for me. (Except if there's a Physics the next day)

I will usually get about 6-7 hours of sleep per night, I would get more, but I can't give up my 30 minutes of Pokebeach every morning,

On the weekends I will usually get more. It is impossible for me to sleep during the day though, and I usually sit there for about a half an hour at night before I can fall asleep.

I get around 8-9 hours of sleep. I'm part of the lucky few. The freshman who get next to no homework! On the weekends its ridiculous how much I sleep. Sometimes I get almost 14 hours, it's amazing.

Because I procrastinate on studies, I generally get around 6 or 7 hours a night during the week. (not enough I know.) During the weekends, it can be anywhere from 5 hours to over 11 hours haha. Speaking of which... Goodnight guys.

I get anywhere from 0-14 hours of sleep. 5-9 on weekdays, and 1-5, and 10-14 on weekends, just depends

I really don't get as much sleep as I should during weekdays. Most of the time, it's a bit less than six hours; sometimes, I barely get five hours of it. I usually do some homework or watch late games around this time, among other things, so that's my reason (albeit a bad one). I think it does affect my performance in school. I can't think well off little sleep, and that hindrance is magnified in the mornings. That makes AP Calculus a horror. I suppose I should change that, but I only have a few months left in my high school career anyway. Once college comes, I'll have to change my ways, of course, but I'll bend things as much as possible as for now. On the weekends, I get about nine to ten hours of sleep. Too bad about not being able to "catch up on sleep."

I normally get 7 hours of sleep on weekdays and on weekends about 12-15 hours. I generally don't sleep well. Just school I suppose.

I typically stay up until about one or two o' clock every night...just screwing around on my computer, haha. I tend to work a lot of evenings, until around 10:30 or 11:00 a lot of the time. So I've got to make up for some of that lost time after I get home!

I usually get up around 9:30 or 10:00 every morning, depending on when I get to bed. It's not too early, but it's not too late either. I hate sleeping in real late, believe it or not, and taking naps in the afternoon, because I always feel terribly groggy afterwards.

How much sleep do you get every night? 3-5 hours
When do you wake up/go to bed? I wakeup at 7 am, go to bed anytime from 2 am to 4 am..sometimes even 5. I then usually nap for an hour or 2 the next day.
How much sleep is too much? 9+ hours
Is there even such a thing of too much sleep? yes..more than 8-10 hours
Do you sleep? Yes..all people have to REM sleep at least somewhat or they will have delusions and hallucinations
What do you consider not enough sleep? I had no sleep Tues. night and got by fine with a 3 hour nap later on wednesday.
Does it affect your every-day life at school or work? Not currently in school or work

Also, the "not being able to make up sleep" is true, at least within the current realm of human knowledge.
Speaking from personal experience I beg to differ...Usually when I end up sleeping for 7 hours a night for several days (or maybe even weeks) on end, when I try to get a better night's sleep I usually end up sleeping for 11 hours per night for the next few days.

I really think it depends on what your definition of "making up sleep" is.

I sleep on the street so i get up whenever i do, or if someone has the common courtesy to wake me up. Sure people steal my stuff every now and then, but it's not that bad.

In all seriousness, i get 6-7 hours sleep lately, i stay up late, but when i try to get up early anyway i go back to sleep.

Like last night i went to be at 2, got up at 9:40, went back to sleep, got up at 10:48, had breakfast from a carton, it's called an Up and go, search google if you don't believe me, i got up again at 12 and i had lunch.

When i have school, as i've grown, my bed time has vanished, and my own bedtime, keeps going later and later, latest i stayed up was like probably, 1, to get up 7:30, i should probably go to be at 11: 30 again, buy i keep saying, -- more minutes, next thing you know I'm going to bed at 12:30.

Priorities, i haz 'em.

Usually get around 7 hours, sometimes 6. I once stayed up for 38 hours straight on a weekend. Then slept for about 10 hours afterwards. I usually hate sleep, because I could be doing productive things, instead of sleeping. But all of my friends love sleeping in. Its sort of weird, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Back